PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

kimkom
04-01-2011, 01:03 AM
Cyn, I don't know if it's online only or in stores, too! I just got an email about it :)

It's probably in-store. Every single email I get telling me about the latest VIB perk is for in-store only. It pisses me off because I spend a fortune at their on-line store because there isn't a Sephora within 200 friggin' miles of me.

How do I get rewarded for buying hundreds of dollars worth of products from them? :mad:

oleada
04-01-2011, 01:04 AM
It's probably in-store. Every single email I get telling me about the latest VIB perk is for in-store only. It pisses me off because I spend a fortune at their on-line store because there isn't a Sephora within 200 friggin' miles of me.

How do I get rewarded for spending hundreds of dollars worth of products from them? :mad:

It's online only, apparently, so you're in luck :)

Cyn
04-01-2011, 02:08 AM
Now that Spring is almost here, I started using my Genifique concentrate in both my daytime and nighttime skin care routine (instead of nighttime only), and the results are becoming really noticeable :cheer2: .

Going back a few weeks here…..

Ok, I bought Genifique today, primarily because of this thread! I'll report back :P
Good news is that it came with a gift, which included a small version of the youth activating concentrate, a 5ml eye concentrate, cleanser, toner, eye makeup remover, mascare & a mini juicy tube - result!

…..So how is it working out? Inquiring minds want to know ;) .

I'm not sure if it's the Genifique, but if it is, it worked really nicely for about the first week I used it and now my face is all broken out and it looks clogged. Was this anyone else's experience too?

I never had that problem with it, nor have any of my friends or family that use it. It's strange that it worked well at first and then your skin started breaking out :( . Did you change anything with your skin care regimen or use a different product (like cleanser, moisturizer, etc.)?

One of my friends is an account coordinator for Lancôme - I'll ask her if there have been any issues with Genifique and breaking out. I had a similar problem with Lancôme's Creme Radiance cleanser when I first started using it (back in 2008) - it worked great for 4-5 days, and then my skin broke out and looked almost like it had minor burns on it. When I asked my friend (the one mentioned above) about it, she said that with some people, their skin can sometimes go into a sort of "shock" from being introduced to new products/chemical/compounds/etc., and that after a short time it adjusts. I laid off the new cleanser for about a week and then tried again, and there were no problems the second time, so you might want to try that.

If you break out a second time, though, I'd stop using it altogether. If you bought a bottle of it, take it back to the Lancôme counter and explain what happened. They should (as is their policy) accept it back (unless most of it is gone) and either refund it (if you have the receipt) or exchange it for something else.

Just tried Eversleek and I love it! My hair doesn't feel as "heavy" as with EverPure and EverStrong. They have two types of conditioner, I purchased the lesser (one tames frizz and the other is for damaged hair) intensity. My hair feels lighter and that I might be able to go an extra day w/o washing - we'll see.

I normally use the EverPure and have no problems with it, but last week, I had run out of it, so I tried MiniCyn's EverSleek (the one for chemically treated hair). Although my hair was clean, it had absolutely no body to it whatsoever - it was pretty much plastered to my head and looked really limp :yikes: . Then again, I have thin, fine straight (with only the slightest of wave if air dried) hair, so that kind of shampoo is apparently a big no-no for my hair type :o . Back to the EverPure for me!

New kickass mascara alert - Lancôme's Hypnôse Precious Cells. I love the regular Hypnôse mascara, but this one has a really funky-shaped wand, and the "precious cells" formula stimulates (or so they say) lash growth. I only have a graduated sample size of it, and I don't know how long it's supposed to take until result start showing up. I still have my L'Extreme mascara (which I also love), so I won't be buying a new one until that's empty. If I get the Precious Cells one, I'll report back.

paulac
04-01-2011, 03:46 PM
I'm fairly sure it's made a difference alright (Genifique). So much so that when I used up the sample of the eye concentrate I went out & bought the full size one. Question for Cyn - do you need to use a regular eye cream as well as the Genifique eye concentrate? It seems moisturising enough on it's own to me (I'm 38 btw).

oleada
04-04-2011, 04:47 AM
There's also an in-store Sephora sample thing - I got a free Clinique Pore reducer thingie, and some lotion. Haven't tried it out yet, though.

I bought Sephora by OPI's Iris I Was Thinner, looking for a nice Easter-y shade. It's Easter-y, alright, but I was disappointed. I usually like their polishes, but this one seemed really thin and I needed three coats to get it like I wanted it to.

I'm kind of craving Who the Shrek Are You? (http://www.alllacqueredup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/opi-who-the-shrek-are-you-comparison-shrek-forever-after.jpg), because it's really funky. I don't know if I'd actually wear it, though. I'm normally not a fan of green and yellow polishes.

Veronika
04-04-2011, 03:03 PM
I have a new favorite YouTube makeup guru--it's Emilynoel83, aka Beauty Broadcast. She's a news reporter, so she's great at talking, and her videos are really well edited. She tends to like drugstore brands, but she still tries some high-end stuff too. Here's her blog: http://www.beautybroadcast.net/

I've tried to buy less makeup lately, since my backup stash is huge...I have so many things that I haven't even tried yet. :o

I've also been trying to explore the world of bronzer, which is interesting. I still don't really get it, and I'm really pale so I have to be careful!

Andrushka
04-05-2011, 12:51 AM
I've tried to buy less makeup lately, since my backup stash is huge...I have so many things that I haven't even tried yet. :o

I've put myself on a nail polish/lipstick/lipgloss/lipstain ban.I have wayyyyy too many tubes of lipstic and bottles of nail polish to be buying anymore,till I use what I have.

IceAlisa
04-05-2011, 01:38 AM
Boo. I ordered Essie's Hot Coco nail polish and it looked very chocolatey in the picture but when it arrived today it looks almost exactly like the Sephora OPI's Metro Chic. And I already have Metro Chic.

Cyn
04-05-2011, 01:43 AM
I'm fairly sure it's made a difference alright (Genifique). So much so that when I used up the sample of the eye concentrate I went out & bought the full size one. Question for Cyn - do you need to use a regular eye cream as well as the Genifique eye concentrate? It seems moisturising enough on it's own to me (I'm 38 btw).

Yes -- the Genifique concentrate isn't a moisturizer, so you definitely need to use an eye cream on top of it to ensure the concentrate gets into the skin rather than coming off during the course of the day :) .

Andrushka
04-05-2011, 03:22 AM
Boo. I ordered Essie's Hot Coco nail polish and it looked very chocolatey in the picture but when it arrived today it looks almost exactly like the Sephora OPI's Metro Chic. And I already have Metro Chic.

I have a Revlon Chocolate Truffle and it's got a really good chocolatey tone to it.

IceAlisa
04-05-2011, 05:59 AM
I have a Revlon Chocolate Truffle and it's got a really good chocolatey tone to it.

It does look rather yummy and more along the lines of what I expected from Hot Cocoa.

Andrushka
04-05-2011, 07:01 PM
I spent weeks trying to find that shade..and yes I mean weeks lol not like everyday but everytime I went into a store with beauty products I was searching for the right shade of chocolate.

KikiSashaFan
04-05-2011, 08:16 PM
I'm kind of craving Who the Shrek Are You? (http://www.alllacqueredup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/opi-who-the-shrek-are-you-comparison-shrek-forever-after.jpg), because it's really funky. I don't know if I'd actually wear it, though. I'm normally not a fan of green and yellow polishes.

From the pic, I actually like the Sally Hanson one best. I love funky nailpolish colors, but I only wear polish on my toes.

IceAlisa
04-05-2011, 08:19 PM
I like the Sally Hanson one the best too. The others are too "swamp oozie". I would probably wear it on my toes.

Andrushka
04-05-2011, 09:35 PM
I have a few Sally Hansen colors,I usually only paint my toenails because with having 2 little kids.I wash my hands way too much,and the polish ships hours after applying.No matter what kind it is.So it's no really worth the effort,unless I used just a sheer,shimmery something. On my toenails,I am known to use funky colors...I have Rimmel's Green With Envy which is pretty awesome and a chrome one.