PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

IceAlisa
03-30-2011, 01:15 AM
Yahoo did a video ( http://shine.yahoo.com/event/the-thread/why-do-men-hate-these-popular-trends-women-love-2467752/) on trends women love and men hate.

I would agree with all of these and find harem pants especially heinous but I refuse to say that red lipstick is not glamorous. I don't wear it myself, or rather haven't worn it in over 10 years--I think my lips are too full to pull it off but hey, Angelina Jolie can do it. But I still think it rocks. But I have heard many men say they don't like a very brightly colored lipstick. And my nephew when he was a toddler freaked out when his mom put on red lipstick, the poor child.

What you think?

And psssst, I own a pair of Uggs that get worn with black tights when I go shopping at the neighborhood fruit stand or drop off my son at school in the morning...It's a secret! :P

beepbeep
03-30-2011, 01:37 AM
Yahoo did a video ( http://shine.yahoo.com/event/the-thread/why-do-men-hate-these-popular-trends-women-love-2467752/) on trends women love and men hate.

This reminds me of The Man Repeller (http://www.manrepeller.com/)

I'm guilty of the ovesized sun glasses, big time. I have blue eyes and I'm extremely photophobic. I need them :drama: :P

IceAlisa
03-30-2011, 01:40 AM
Oh yes, me too although aviators is as big as it gets for me. My husband actually likes them on me. :P

Those are some fugly clothes in that link, beepbeep. :yikes:

oleada
03-30-2011, 02:30 AM
Heh, my ex always joked about my Uggs. I don't care - they are comfortable and warm and I love them. I hated them too until I wore them.

Home sick, so I did my nails (Skinny Jeans from Sephora by OPI - one of my staples and it's not warm enough for pink). Just ruined a couple washing dishes. Grr. But my nail painting technique has improved.

IceAlisa
03-30-2011, 04:23 AM
I've been addicted to the Sephora by OPI "Going Nude, Eh?" ( http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_sLPFY8b-XEw/TUgwixVx_qI/AAAAAAAAArw/Me0m7Mypwpo/s200/Going+Nude+Eh+Sephora+by+OPI.JPG) :P

Andrushka
03-30-2011, 06:45 PM
This reminds me of The Man Repeller (http://www.manrepeller.com/)

I'm guilty of the ovesized sun glasses, big time. I have blue eyes and I'm extremely photophobic. I need them :drama: :P

I too am guilty of oversized sun glasses,not because I'm photophobic,I just like them. And thus far I've had no complaints from guys,usually I get compliments.

And psssst, I own a pair of Uggs that get worn with black tights when I go shopping at the neighborhood fruit stand or drop off my son at school in the morning...It's a secret! :P[/SIZE]

I too am guilty of wearing my uggs when taking the kids to school lol I do try whenever I'm going somewhere,to atleast take a pair of black ballet flats and change before going into Whole Foods etc...But sometimes,if it's too terribly cold..I just don't care ;)

I am not too much into liquid eyeliner,but I do love Hard Candy Take Me Out Liner in Camo.My eyes are green/brown and this metallic army green color really brings out the green in my eyes. And right now I am loving Maybelline BIG brush mascara.

IceAlisa
03-30-2011, 10:22 PM
All the skater girls at the local rink wear Uggs after practice.

Angela-Fan
03-30-2011, 10:35 PM
haha I went sunglass shopping with fiance and he complained all the ones I tried on were too big and made me look like i was from the 80s. lol

Jenya
03-31-2011, 02:08 AM
All the skater girls at the local rink wear Uggs after practice.

I resisted the Ugg trend for as long as possible, but when I started coaching skating I finally gave in. After standing on the ice for hours at a time, nothing feels better on your frozen feet than Uggs. I don't mind Uggs that much in general, except when girls wear them with miniskirts or shorts. If it's that warm, you don't need to be wearing them.

oleada
03-31-2011, 04:37 AM
Sephora is having a sample week - for the Genifique lovers, it's one of the options you can pick. Just buy something (IDK if there's a minimum) and you can pick five samples.

I used to be terrible at doing my own nails, but I think I've come quite some way. (http://i55.tinypic.com/tahkrc.jpg)

Andora
03-31-2011, 04:57 AM
Isn't there a theory that women dress more for other women, anyways?

mila19
03-31-2011, 08:10 AM
Isn't there a theory that women dress more for other women, anyways?

Yes and that usually explains the appeal of Gwyneth Paltrow

Cyn
03-31-2011, 08:11 AM
Sephora is having a sample week - for the Génifique lovers, it's one of the options you can pick. Just buy something (IDK if there's a minimum) and you can pick five samples.

Thanks for the heads-up, oleada! :COP: *adding to mental to-do list*

This weekend we have to make a trek down to "the big city" to do some major shopping for MiniCyn's class trip to NYC next month. I just hate that I'm going to have to add Sephora to the list of stores where I need to go :drama: :lol: ;)

For those intrigued by the magic powers of Génifique - run, do not go -- RUN-- to your closest Sephora and snag one of the samples as you won't regret it.

Unless, of course, you're one of those that hates free trial samples out of fear of finding a new form cosmetic crack to feed your make-up addiction :saint:

oleada
03-31-2011, 08:12 AM
Cyn, I don't know if it's online only or in stores, too! I just got an email about it :)

Cyn
03-31-2011, 08:31 AM
Cyn, I don't know if it's online only or in stores, too! I just got an email about it :)

Good to know - if it's available online only, I don't think I'll have a problem finding something there to order :lol:

For those who like Estee Lauder, they are "in gift" at Belk Department Stores right now. With any purchase of $32.50, you get :

- a blue cosmetic bag
- a small tube of their Sumptuous Mascara
- travel size bottle of make-up remover
- small pot of their Resilience Lift Extreme (ultra firming cream SPF 15)
- small bottle of Advanced Night Repair
- a lipstick and an eye shadow duo (choose either cool or warm tones)

Plus, if you spend $60.00 or more, you get the 'step-up' bonus of a compact containing a bronzer, a blush, and a shimmer powder (with applicator brush)

I've never been a fan of most of Lauder's cosmetics (especially their skin care line and their foundations :yikes: ) - as y'all know, I'm a diehard Lancôme gal :lol:. I do have to say, though, that's a pretty good gift and one that I'll probably get since I adore two of Estee Lauder's fragrances - the original "Pleasures" and "White Linen Light Breeze" and I'm low on the former.

Belk, however, is a department store located in the Southeastern US, so it's not going to be available for a lot of people here (unless they're offering the same gift at department stores in other regions of the US).

If anyone is interested in getting this but don't have a Belk near them and/or cannot find it where they live, drop me a PM. :)