PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

IceAlisa
03-15-2011, 02:43 AM
I booked an appointment with a Bobbi Brown make up artist on Friday, looking for a nice way to do the smoky eye with matte colors.

vesperholly
03-20-2011, 09:06 PM
I have booked my first freelance gig as a wedding makeup artist! :cheer2: I found an in-search-of posting on Craigslist and contacted the poster. We've been e-mailing back and forth and agreed on a price, a trial session and the time. She sent me inspiration photos and I recreated them on a blank face chart.

I've always wanted to try my hand at doing inexpensive wedding makeup. I think there's a decent market in my area for people who can't afford the big bucks for a real professional, but can't do their own makeup. I'm so excited!!!

my little pony
03-21-2011, 12:58 AM
I use mostly liquid liner, which is a bit tricky at first, but I like the way it looks and it never fades.

i have been meaning to ask you, what kind(s) of liquid eye liner do you like best? i'm pretty confident you have tried them all ;)

congrats vesperholly! i hope you show us pictures when you are done

attyfan
03-21-2011, 02:49 AM
I have booked my first freelance gig as a wedding makeup artist! :cheer2: I found an in-search-of posting on Craigslist and contacted the poster. We've been e-mailing back and forth and agreed on a price, a trial session and the time. She sent me inspiration photos and I recreated them on a blank face chart.

I've always wanted to try my hand at doing inexpensive wedding makeup. I think there's a decent market in my area for people who can't afford the big bucks for a real professional, but can't do their own makeup. I'm so excited!!!

Mazel tov!

Stormy
03-21-2011, 05:33 PM

That's so awesome!! :cheer2:

Cyn
03-21-2011, 05:49 PM

:cheer2: :cheer: :cheer2:

Angela-Fan
03-21-2011, 05:51 PM
congrats vesperholly! :)
You don't happen to live anywhere near south jersey, do ya? ;)

Veronika
03-21-2011, 06:28 PM
i have been meaning to ask you, what kind(s) of liquid eye liner do you like best? i'm pretty confident you have tried them all ;)

Well, I stick with drugstore brands...I like L'Oreal Lineur Intense (felt tip) and Maybelline Line Stiletto. They are almost identical, and easy to apply because the tip is flexible. It's easy to get the line close to your lashes. :)

I also like L'Oreal's Extra Intense liner--it's a pencil, but has the staying power and look of a liquid. The only problem is that it's conventional pencil, so you have to sharpen it (and it gets dull pretty quickly.)

The ones I hate:
--L'Oreal Telescopic liner: it had a hard, angled tip and it was impossible to draw a fine line.
--L'Oreal also has a marker/pen liner (I think it's in the Voluminous line) and it's horrible too. So obviously L'Oreal is very hit or miss when it comes to liners. :P

my little pony
03-21-2011, 06:45 PM
thanks!

mila19
03-21-2011, 10:49 PM
It's incredible how much does it change the right shade of red lipstick :D

vesperholly
03-22-2011, 01:09 AM
Thanks everyone!! :D

congrats vesperholly! i hope you show us pictures when you are done

Definitely!!

congrats vesperholly! :)
You don't happen to live anywhere near south jersey, do ya? ;)

Sadly, no. :)

beepbeep
03-24-2011, 10:44 PM
It was a rainy day today. When I was leaving work to go home, my feet went into a pool (I was wearing converse snickers) and my umbrella was turned inside out by the wind. I was soaked and my feet were wet. :mad:

And then I got home to find out my CherryCulture package had arrived!!! :) :)

It took a month to get here (international shopping in Brazil is not easy...).

I have more pretty nail polish. I'm happy.

IceAlisa
03-24-2011, 11:33 PM
Similar story: crazy rain storms here as well. The good news is that I finally got my highlights refreshed and they are looking great.
And--I visited an Ulta for the first time ever and snagged two lovely shades of Essie nail polish on clearance: one clear beige and one chocolate brown/vampy red. Paid under $5 for both! :)

skatemommy
03-25-2011, 12:10 AM
^ I don't know about online, but our local newspaper always has coupons for Ulta. This Sunday was $3.50 off $10.00 purchase. I've decided I'm not paying full price for anything, especially Justice and Aero that always have coupons & online printable ones. Saved like $60 bucks buying spring break shorts for DD this weekend! :)

Veronika
03-26-2011, 06:27 PM
I just started using my tube of Diorshow Iconic mascara...and I'm not that impressed. Especially since it cost $28. :( :fragile:

Here it is, if you are curious: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P218791&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=1073

Honestly, I was more impressed by my $6 tube of Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous. Now that one is fun.