PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

skatemommy
03-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Ok, so I bought some berry smelling pivot head razors. I told my DD how to shave her legs. Nope, she wanted help! So I helped her shave her legs for the first time (she is 12 and an only child). My mom (grew up in the depression...outhouse/whiskey for sick children/horse doctor for broken arms, etc) never would have done that for me! Enabling or being a good mom? ;)

IceAlisa
03-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Well, she would have done that herself anyway so might as well help her to do it right and not get cuts all over. I think it's fine.

Angela-Fan
03-12-2011, 11:21 PM
aww skatemommy :)
When I was 12 I was told that I was not allowed to shave my legs and that it was completely unnecessary. :rolleyes: "Oh nobody can see it." ummm yea ok..:rolleyes: :shuffle:

btw, what the heck does DD stand for? lol I keep seeing that and I forget to ask!

skatemommy
03-12-2011, 11:28 PM
^DD - darling daughter
^DH - darling husband

we have a boat on a lake, so in the summer we all get tan and the leg hairs get all bleached blond. But middle school gym class is pretty brutal even at a private Christian school. So...I'm trying to ease her discomfort without babying or worse spoiling (there are some kids with 10 pairs of Uggs, etc). Won't go there even if I can. She buys her own clothes with her chores allowance.

Angela-Fan
03-12-2011, 11:33 PM
aw thanks! lol I thought it meant dear daughter or something like it.
middle school gym..ugh. I remember a girl talking about my legs and my friend said, well I don't know you're looking at other womens legs.:HA!:
Being a girl can be annoying at times. I wish there was a way to permanently remove leg hair

beepbeep
03-12-2011, 11:47 PM
I think it's sweet...

When my mother decided that I had to get the body hair out, shaving was a huge no no. She thought that shaving would make the hair stronger, make it grow more, etc (she still believes it), so had me waxing it right away.

I was 12 and she did it herself with pieces of cloth and glucose (!!).
The next time, I went to a professional and got the legs and bikini line as well. It hurted like hell, but I lived. :P
Since then, I've waxed most of the time, but when I couldn't get it done, I'd shave. Mommy dearest freaked out when she found out I was shaving :lol:

Evilynn
03-13-2011, 04:26 PM
I have dandruff :wuzrobbed

I can't remember ever having it - can someone recommend a good shampoo? Currently I use the EverStrong shampoo and conditioner.

You could try adding a couple of drops of Tea Tree oil to your normal shampoo, that tends to be about as effective as normal anti dandruff shampoos (unless you go for the medical stuff, but if it just appeared I suspect that's overkill). Unless it's the current shampoo causing it of course, in which case it's worth trying to switch brands for a while.

Anita18
03-13-2011, 05:30 PM
I had the same thing with coconut oil. :rofl: I used mine in dry hair (took me 2 or 3 shampooings to get it all out), and I think if you use it in wet hair it's a little less likely to get stuck for ages. Most people seem to be able to get it out in one shower. I think maybe trying to make it budge by liberal use of conditioner before shampoo might be helpful too. ;)

Yeah I tried it in dry hair two days ago and shampooed my hair 4x in the shower and it still didn't get all the way out in the back. My hair is soft now though! :lol: Maybe I could get away with just shampooing the back today...

Coco
03-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Oil as a scalp treatment - never works. It is impossible to get out of your hair!

Aloe Vera juice or gel is not a bad way to go. And honestly, I think it adds volume!

Redken used to make this every once in a while conditioner that came in a navy tube with a hard plastic circular top. Of course, it's no longer on their website :( I used to use that plus this spray in "protein enriching" spray. Made my hair and scalp AMAZING for about 36 hours.

Oh - I think the protein spray is CAT Protein Reconstructing Treatment.

And they have a deep conditioner called Extreme Rescue Force that looks and sounds like the old product, although the name is definitely changed. I do remember that it's not marketed as a scalp treatment, but it really did help my scalp.

IceAlisa
03-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Got a question for you fashionistas. I am going to two weddings this spring and fall and just got a dress for both (no point in getting 2 dresses--2 completely different crowds).

The dress is red and form fitting with some draping. I am planning to wear my nude patent pumps with the dress that elongate the silhouette beautifully. My question is: what kind of clutch should I carry? I really hate to be matchy matchy and carry a clutch the same color as my shoes.

I plan to wear gold jewelry with it, if that matters.

made_in_canada
03-13-2011, 07:06 PM
I'd probably go for a metallic IceAlisa, though I don't consider myself a fashionista.

kimkom
03-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Metallic would be my choice too. Preferably gold if that's what your jewelry is.

Although I love the look of silver with red.

mila19
03-13-2011, 07:21 PM
The dress is red and form fitting with some draping. I am planning to wear my nude patent pumps with the dress that elongate the silhouette beautifully. My question is: what kind of clutch should I carry? I really hate to be matchy matchy and carry a clutch the same color as my shoes.
I plan to wear gold jewelry with it, if that matters.
While I'm with you on not wearing matchy-matchy items (too obvious and uninteresting IMO) I think that you can wear 3 and no more than 4 different colors together. That said, I think you can either play it safe by having something like a cream colored minaudiere with gold accents so you can play up the jewelry or anything else that has a detail, albeit small that can recall one of the colors you are wearing red, nude or gold.
ETA: I really like minaudieres :shuffle: but my idea can be applied to clutches too, I guess

IceAlisa
03-13-2011, 08:00 PM
Yes, I agree that I can't be wearing more than 3 colors, including the jewelry. I like the idea of a minaudiere.

Angela-Fan
03-15-2011, 02:35 AM
https://www.birchbox.com
hmm intriguing