PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

skategal
03-07-2011, 11:54 PM
I seriously need makeup lessons. :drama: I tried the hairdryer on the eyelash curler trick and put clear mascara on first. But :( And I put eyeshadow on and :( I know there is youtube videos but it doesn't seem to help. I need to someone to explain and physically put it on me. I can't believe I'm so clueless. I should just turn in my girl card. :rolleyes:

I wish you lived near me. I'd have you over to play with makeup. I don't claim to be an expert but I love to experiment on new victims....er...guinea pigs ...er....canvases. ;)

vesperholly
03-08-2011, 01:47 AM
I seriously need makeup lessons. :drama: I tried the hairdryer on the eyelash curler trick and put clear mascara on first. But :( And I put eyeshadow on and :( I know there is youtube videos but it doesn't seem to help. I need to someone to explain and physically put it on me. I can't believe I'm so clueless. I should just turn in my girl card. :rolleyes:

What did you try? Maybe start simple, with a wash of shadow and a bit of liner?

Do you have a picture of your eyes? I could photoshop a little diagram for you of where to put the shadows :)

Cyn
03-09-2011, 04:07 AM
MiniCyn is using EverSleek (the one that isn't for frizzy hair) shampoo and conditioner and absolutely loves it - says it's probably the best stuff she's ever used on her hair :).

I've been looking for a reputable website to order perfume miniatures - can anyone recommend one? I know I can order several of them off of Amazon, but I was curious if any of the "perfume-specific" sites are safe when it comes to ordering from them.

Anita18
03-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Still working out the waxy/oily residue in my hair. Luckily it doesn't look too bad right now so I'm not absolutely desperate, but it feels absolutely horrid so I'm still experimenting. (My hair used to be so soft and now it feels stiff and waxy when I run my fingers through it. :( ) Apple cider vinegar helps sometimes, but not others. EverStrong helps sometimes, and not others. Neutrogena clarifying shampoo helps a lot, but it's harsh so I don't want to use it every time I shampoo.

Turns out my friend has the same condition, and what helps is constantly cycling through shampoos, so I'm starting to gather a collection. Which I'm sure will drive my bf crazy when we move in together (he hates having extraneous "stuff") but he doesn't have to worry about looking like he hasn't showered in weeks. :P

I read around and apparently using Listerine as a scalp treatment helps, so I tried it yesterday. It did help, but not all the way - still waxy in the back. I did smell fresh and minty though. :rofl:

And I guess a good thing about all this is that my hair finally doesn't have any flyaways anymore. :P And if I don't touch it, it seems everything is okay.

Veronika
03-09-2011, 04:21 PM
I've been looking for a reputable website to order perfume miniatures - can anyone recommend one? I know I can order several of them off of Amazon, but I was curious if any of the "perfume-specific" sites are safe when it comes to ordering from them.

I've used Perfume Emporium in the past without any issues. :)

http://www.perfumeemporium.com/womens-perfume/8

ETA: It looks like Overstock.com has minis too: http://www.overstock.com/search?keywords=perfume+mini&SearchType=Header

zhenya271
03-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Still working out the waxy/oily residue in my hair. Luckily it doesn't look too bad right now so I'm not absolutely desperate, but it feels absolutely horrid so I'm still experimenting. (My hair used to be so soft and now it feels stiff and waxy when I run my fingers through it. :( ) Apple cider vinegar helps sometimes, but not others. EverStrong helps sometimes, and not others. Neutrogena clarifying shampoo helps a lot, but it's harsh so I don't want to use it every time I shampoo.

Turns out my friend has the same condition, and what helps is constantly cycling through shampoos, so I'm starting to gather a collection. Which I'm sure will drive my bf crazy when we move in together (he hates having extraneous "stuff") but he doesn't have to worry about looking like he hasn't showered in weeks. :P

I read around and apparently using Listerine as a scalp treatment helps, so I tried it yesterday. It did help, but not all the way - still waxy in the back. I did smell fresh and minty though. :rofl:

And I guess a good thing about all this is that my hair finally doesn't have any flyaways anymore. :P And if I don't touch it, it seems everything is okay.

LOL! I have three different sets of shampoos and conditioners in my shower and every couple of weeks I'll use another set from the cabinet to "clarify" I guess, but those three are my regulars to alternate. Unfortunately, I'm one of those people that feel like I have to wash my hair everyday, even though I know it's not healthy.

DH has to put his shampoo under the shower seat.:lol:

Stormy
03-09-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm not sure if it's the Genifique, but if it is, it worked really nicely for about the first week I used it and now my face is all broken out and it looks clogged. Was this anyone else's experience too?

Evilynn
03-10-2011, 11:26 AM

Have you tried oiling it regularly? It might seem counter intuitive, but oil should help with the waxiness. I had something similar a year or two ago, but that went away with a change in shampoos (I still tend to change them fairly regularly).

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good eye cream for super sensitive skin? For some reason I've had problems with a rash along my lower lash line all winter long, so my make up routine is down to mascara on my upper lashes only. :( I've been eyeing Dermalogica, but I'm not sure if there is something better out there? (my only prerequisite is that it's cruelty free).

Anita18
03-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Have you tried oiling it regularly? It might seem counter intuitive, but oil should help with the waxiness. I had something similar a year or two ago, but that went away with a change in shampoos (I still tend to change them fairly regularly).
Yeah I'm on the lookout for coconut oil I can use for that. I tried jojoba oil once, but it did NOT wash out for days and then my hair was really a greaseball. It felt super-soft while I was trying to rinse it out though. :rofl:

I do use jojoba oil to clean my oily face and it actually helps with the breakouts, so I know what you mean. :)

Evilynn
03-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Yeah I'm on the lookout for coconut oil I can use for that. I tried jojoba oil once, but it did NOT wash out for days and then my hair was really a greaseball. It felt super-soft while I was trying to rinse it out though. :rofl:

I do use jojoba oil to clean my oily face and it actually helps with the breakouts, so I know what you mean. :)

I had the same thing with coconut oil. :rofl: I used mine in dry hair (took me 2 or 3 shampooings to get it all out), and I think if you use it in wet hair it's a little less likely to get stuck for ages. Most people seem to be able to get it out in one shower. I think maybe trying to make it budge by liberal use of conditioner before shampoo might be helpful too. ;)

mila19
03-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Is strawberrynet.com a safe site to buy stuff from? Has anybody tried it?

vesperholly
03-12-2011, 06:34 PM

I haven't personally, but it's mentioned often on MUA and seems to be safe.

oleada
03-12-2011, 06:58 PM
I have dandruff :wuzrobbed

I can't remember ever having it - can someone recommend a good shampoo? Currently I use the EverStrong shampoo and conditioner.

beepbeep
03-12-2011, 07:08 PM

Shopped there three times. Absolutely no issues. :)

mila19
03-12-2011, 07:10 PM
I haven't personally, but it's mentioned often on MUA and seems to be safe.

Shopped there three times. Absolutely no issues. :)

WHEEEE:kickass: