PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Veronika
03-03-2011, 04:00 PM
I have been slacking on my mascara consumption lately...I repurchased a mascara yesterday instead of trying something new. :o I got L'Oreal Voluminous Full Definition, which I like much better than the original Voluminous (I find it clumpy.)

I do have NYX Doll Eye (Volume) and Diorshow Iconic at home, so there are some new ones for me to try...in time. I normally keep my mascara past the 3 month mark, more like 4-5 months on each. I don't use the same mascara every day, and I've never had any eye problems associated with using mascara past the 3 month mark.

Andora
03-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Had you not tried the Doll Eye mascara before, Veronikia? I haven't bought it in awhile because stiffer lashes started to bug my eyes, thus cancelling out a whole LOT of mascaras. :P

One I recently tried and I'm surprised I love is Avon's Smooth Minerals mascara. I bought a three pack for $8, figuring I'd find someone who liked it if I didn't. I'm not selling ANY of them. The brush is kinda weird-- like two balls vs. a curve or your basic straight brush-- but once you get used to it, it's a fabulous mascara. My lashes don't get clumpy unless I REALLY over do it after the first coat's almost dry, and they're super light. Avon mascaras are usually stiff or super flaky, but this one's fantastic. Great every day mascara, and I can layer the Prestigue Blackest Lashes over it for added omph. It's almost comparable to Buxom Lash mascara, and claims to be good for your lashes in the same vein.

Meanwhile, the Clarins triple action mascara I really enjoyed is a dud. It thickens and lengthens, but massively weighs my lashes down, even when I curl them. I think I'll stick to Buxom Lash for my high end mascaras. I want to perfect applying and wearing fake lashes right now anyways, so I'll stick to my more affordable mascaras for now.

Veronika
03-03-2011, 04:43 PM
I'd always meant to buy NYX Doll Eye, but never got around to it. But now I have it! I don't really care about stiff lashes, as long as I can easily remove my mascara at the end of the day.

I forgot, I did try something new lately--L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes. It's the one in the pretty gold tube. It's fine, not overly dramatic...but it has that horrible rose scent the some of the Maybelline mascaras have. :P It's really annoying.

skategal
03-04-2011, 01:43 AM
but it has that horrible rose scent the some of the Maybelline mascaras have. :P It's really annoying.

Thanks for the warning...I HATE that scent. Makes me want to barf. :scream:

I got my Caudalie cleanser and moisturizer from Sephora yesterday. I used it last night and I LURVE it already. Plus I noticed it is paraben free....so BONUS. :swoon: :cheer:

IceAlisa
03-04-2011, 01:59 AM
I picked up a small bottle of Oscar Blandi dry shampoo--I like it! Smells great, does the job. I don't like to wash my hair every day so it's perfect except it's a quite a bit pricey. But having tried and hated the cheaper Tre Semme I guess it is what it is.

skatemommy
03-04-2011, 02:03 AM
^ I've tried Oscar Blondi dry shampoo and I like Big Sexy better. Less $ too!

IceAlisa
03-04-2011, 02:08 AM
^ I've tried Oscar Blondi dry shampoo and I like Big Sexy better. Less $ too!

What's Big Sexy?

skatemommy
03-04-2011, 02:32 AM
www.sexyhair.com

this is a salon brand I have used for years; only recently found their dry shampoo. Didn't leave as much residue as OB and seems to last longer. Easier to find as Sexy Hair is carried in most salons around here, OB I had to buy on Ebay!

IceAlisa
03-04-2011, 03:04 AM
Thanks, there's a store that carries it in my area. What's the smell like?

skatemommy
03-04-2011, 03:16 AM
The dry shampoo barely has a scent, just light, fresh and clean. I like both products, it just seemed the BS was a little easier to comb out and a little less obvious (that I hadn't washed my hair...) less residue in my hair. But both are great. Going to try my new Ever Sleek in the morning (after I take my daughter to the bus stop for school in my jammies...)

vesperholly
03-04-2011, 03:38 AM
www.sexyhair.com

this is a salon brand I have used for years; only recently found their dry shampoo. Didn't leave as much residue as OB and seems to last longer. Easier to find as Sexy Hair is carried in most salons around here, OB I had to buy on Ebay!

The Sexy Hair line is carried in Ulta, and I've also seen it in TJMaxx (though YMMV as far as stock goes).

Andora
03-04-2011, 04:49 AM
Oscar Blandi's is great and lasts forever, but the best dry shampoo I've ever used was from the Rockaholic line. I swear my previous can of it wouldn't die. It also doesn't go on too thick like the Klorane one did.

IceAlisa
03-04-2011, 05:15 PM
skatemommy, please report on your experience with EverSleek--I've been thinking about trying it out. :)

skatemommy
03-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Just tried Eversleek and I love it! My hair doesn't feel as "heavy" as with EverPure and EverStrong. They have two types of conditioner, I purchased the lesser (one tames frizz and the other is for damaged hair) intensity. My hair feels lighter and that I might be able to go an extra day w/o washing - we'll see.

Advise please, my DD asked me if she could start shaving her legs. Any suggestions on easy, safe, friendly razors for tweeners? Thanks dolls!

Angela-Fan
03-07-2011, 07:20 PM
I seriously need makeup lessons. :drama: I tried the hairdryer on the eyelash curler trick and put clear mascara on first. But :( And I put eyeshadow on and :( I know there is youtube videos but it doesn't seem to help. I need to someone to explain and physically put it on me. I can't believe I'm so clueless. I should just turn in my girl card. :rolleyes: