PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

skatemommy
02-26-2011, 12:04 AM
That's a good idea. Her mom asked me not to give her anything strong as the tween has a very heavy hand with perfume so the set would have to be composed of all light scents. I want to keep peace in the family.

The kid likes fruity florals and this one is a very non-offensive one even if she overdoes it. Which she will.

My 12 yo and all her buds love any body spray from Bath & Body Works. No one wears perfume. TRUST ME! ;) BBW rocks the tweener world!

IceAlisa
02-26-2011, 12:09 AM
Any particular scents that they like at BBW? This one wears perfume, steals her mother's all the time. She steals Jo Malone's English Pear and Freesia the most.

martian_girl
02-26-2011, 12:12 AM
Alright, glamorous ladies. I've got a question for you. My tween niece is turning 12 and is asking for perfume. You know these tweens these days.

So fine, I am going to give her Fresh Strawberry Flowers because it's well, fresh and light. Is this something that tween girls would like?

Something fresh and light would be a good choice. I can't speak for her, but when I first started using perfume I had a tendency to bathe in the stuff. One of my favorite fragrances was Debbie Gibson's Electric Youth (http://www.skooldays.com/categories/fashion/fa1310.htm), which smelled something like crushed Sweettarts and Kool-Aid. :lol:

Switching subjects a bit, I'm looking for a really good, affordable substitute for Avon's Foot Works Sloughing Cream. It sucks when they discontinue your favorite products. :(

skategal
02-26-2011, 12:17 AM
Any particular scents that they like at BBW? This one wears perfume, steals her mother's all the time. She steals Jo Malone's English Pear and Freesia the most.

There are tons of really nice scents at BBW....but I find them to be very strongly scented. A little goes a long way. If I use the scented body lotion, I can usually smell it most of the day even with my clothes over it.

If she is the type to overdo it, I fear that everyone will smell her a mile away if she uses the BBW products. :scream:

IceAlisa
02-26-2011, 12:20 AM
There are tons of really nice scents at BBW....but I find them to be very strongly scented. A little goes a long way. If I use the scented body lotion, I can usually smell it most of the day even with my clothes over it.

If she is the type to overdo it, I fear that everyone will smell her a mile away if she uses the BBW products. :scream:

Uh oh. I don't want to cause family strife. She doesn't get the concept of "a little goes a long way". She points and shoots for 30 seconds.

my little pony
02-26-2011, 01:30 AM
the fresh perfumes are very light so if she sprays for 30 seconds, it wont matter as much

IceAlisa
02-26-2011, 01:41 AM
Yes, that's what I am thinking too.

Angela-Fan
02-26-2011, 05:40 AM
So..is it ok to use conditioner even if it's expired? :shuffle:
I used the bed head moisture manic conditioner for the first time today. It seemed fine in the shower. The texture and smell seem fine. I'll have to see what my hair is like when it dries. I looked at the bottom of the bottle and the date is something like 4/04/09.
:eek: I thought about returning but I bought it on sale and my receipt says clearance sales are final. :(

Anita18
02-26-2011, 07:58 AM
So..is it ok to use conditioner even if it's expired? :shuffle:
I used the bed head moisture manic conditioner for the first time today. It seemed fine in the shower. The texture and smell seem fine. I'll have to see what my hair is like when it dries. I looked at the bottom of the bottle and the date is something like 4/04/09.
:eek: I thought about returning but I bought it on sale and my receipt says clearance sales are final. :(
You're not eating it, it should be okay. :lol: At worst the active ingredients (whatever they might be that might degrade...) might be not as potent as when it was new. But it's not a big deal.

I'm using conditioner that my roommate's friend left behind when she went back to China. I'm sure it's several years old by now, but it works fine. :lol:

Angela-Fan
02-26-2011, 03:33 PM
lol I'm glad to hear that.
I'm a little worried about the shampoo. I forgot to mention that when I rinsed out the shampoo my hair was so squeaky clean it was like straw. eww. How could a shampoo called moisture maniac do that?

paulac
02-27-2011, 12:02 AM
Ok, I bought Genifique today, primarily because of this thread! I'll report back :P
Good news is that it came with a gift, which included a small version of the youth activating concentrate, a 5ml eye concentrate, cleanser, toner, eye makeup remover, mascare & a mini juicy tube - result!

Christina
02-27-2011, 12:10 AM
I preordered my Genefique for the gift with purchase at Belk. I pick everything up on Tuesday. I got the trial run in December, and it was awesome. I made my best friend give me her trial packet because she hadn't opened it yet.

I've tried the Eversleek. It's different, no silicone or sulfates. I did a clarifying shampoo first, and it works just like the smoothing Everpure.

zhenya271
02-27-2011, 04:56 AM
Alright, glamorous ladies. I've got a question for you. My tween niece is turning 12 and is asking for perfume. You know these tweens these days.

So fine, I am going to give her Fresh Strawberry Flowers because it's well, fresh and light. Is this something that tween girls would like?

What about one of the Juicy Couture rollerballs? My middle-schooler loves Juicy, but I don't know if the rollerball would be potent/fun enough for your niece!:lol:

attyfan
02-27-2011, 01:28 PM
I got samples of the Genefique Serum (looked and felt like a lotion) at Sephora, trying it for seven days. I didn't notice any change, though. (My problem is wrinkles ... otherwise, my skin is actually not too bad.)

kimkom
02-27-2011, 03:05 PM
I got samples of the Genefique Serum (looked and felt like a lotion) at Sephora, trying it for seven days. I didn't notice any change, though. (My problem is wrinkles ... otherwise, my skin is actually not too bad.)

I bought the creamy one the first time too, attyfan, and I didn't like it near as much. I used it up because it's so expensive, but I bought the concentrate the next time and loved it.