PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

vesperholly
02-23-2011, 04:23 AM
Yup, I bought a bottle of Vitamin D at Target this past week because of Vesperholly raving about it! I'm actually hoping it will help clear up the acne on my chest and shoulders and back. I figure it can't hurt. :)

:cheer2: I hope it works for you!!

Simone411
02-23-2011, 12:51 PM
I hope it works, too, Stormy. I would also suggest Vitamin E. I started taking Vitamin E when I was around 38 years old. I would recommend around 800 IU daily. I believe it is one of the reasons my skin has retained what I would describe as elasticity. I believe it is part of the reason I've never had many wrinkles (laugh lines, small wrinkles forming around the lip area, etc.).

As Cyn stated, Collagen and elastin production decreases as we age. I am just now beginning to get some small wrinkles around the eyes. I also have a couple of small wrinkles or lines beginning to form between my eyes. I just recently had to get a stronger pair of reading glasses which has helped a lot when I'm reading books or the text on my laptop. I believe having to strain or squint my eyes to read caused those two wrinkles or lines to begin to form.

Regarding Avon's Anew. This is day 6 of using it and I noticed that those two lines between my eyes are beginning to disappear. I also have a couple of small blotches on my face that have now nearly faded away!

I found the ratings and review page for Anew. 99 out 133 people have given it an approved rating. I noticed a few women that gave it poor ratings. Those women complained of it being too sticky when applied to the face and not absorbing. Some women complained that it didn't work at all. One woman complained that it burned around her eyes and made her eyes water.

The women that complained didn't mention how long they used it or how much they applied to their face. It doesn't take much. Even the directions say not to use much. I put a dab on my forehead, cheeks and chin area and then gently rub it in to the other areas of my face. My face feels smooth when I wake up and it doesn't have that sticky feeling at all. You also can't expect a miracle just by using it only one day. It takes 14 days.

Some women that gave reviews have used it way longer than just 14 days because it works. I probably will, too, because I'm amazed that my wrinkles are already disappearing! I also read a review from a man that uses it and he loves it. He's 48 years old and loves the way his face looks now. His wife works with Avon and got him to try it. His review is #4 (the 4th one down). :D

http://reviews.avon.com/5588/37169/reviews.htm

I don't see what it would hurt for men to use it, either. It obviously works for men, too! :)

Veronika
02-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Apparently, orange lipstick is going to be the thing this summer? :scream: I can wear purple lipsticks with the best of them, so orange is a no-go for me. Even if I had a warm complexion, I don't think I'd try it.

I got my bottle of 2000 IU Vitamin D supplement last night. :)

IceAlisa
02-23-2011, 05:46 PM
That's funny--I ordered my Vitamin D last week. :P

As to orange lipstick--I wouldn't wear it even with my olive complexion. I do sometimes wear a muted coral lipstick on summer nights, especially with a tan. I mute it with my Chanel Giggle lip gloss.

PDilemma
02-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Orange lipstick....Elle Woods does not approve:

“Whoever said orange was the new pink was seriously disturbed.”

mila19
02-23-2011, 07:34 PM
I think orange lipsticks, or orangey reds look smashing with dark blue clothes.
And orange lipgloss is very JLo during the summer.

Veronika
02-23-2011, 07:49 PM
...which is fine if you look like J. Lo. I look like Stevie Nicks. :)

Andora
02-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Cyn, you'd be fab-- you're already a make up and skin care rockstar from afar for some of us here. :cheer:

So, I'm thinking of doing my own makeup for my wedding in the fall. If I can nail a great foundation, I'm not seeing any reason why I shouldn't. My face can't hold a lot of makeup and look good unless I'm going for a painted look. :P Final decision will come at my brother's wedding, as I'm taking part in the professional makeup artist for the day. If it looks amazing, I'll consider outside sources. If not, I'll save my money. To spend on more make up. ;)

Angela-Fan
02-24-2011, 03:55 PM
congratulations on your wedding :)
I have been researching salons around my area because I do not trust myself to do my own makeup. lol I don't think I can make it look as good as a professional plus I'll probably nervous and busy enough that day that I won't be able to focus. lol I think it's good if you can do it yourself though, kudos to anyone who can do that. :)

mila19
02-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Andora, I've heard Channel Pro Lumiere is very good or Guerlain Parure smth (waterproof makeup should be the choice since you'll get just to do some minor touch ups during the day). I use the Channel Matte Lumiere and I'm fine with it as it's not completely matte but it just avoids getting oily on the T-zone which is something I was afraid of.

Angela-Fan
02-24-2011, 04:04 PM
Does one have to use face cleanser 2x a day? It seems a bit much to me to use it in the morning when I just used it last night? I mean, how dirty can my face in 6-8 hours? I was thinking in the morning I would just splash warm water on my face and use moisturizer with spf. Does that sound ok or :scream:?

Veronika
02-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Does one have to use face cleanser 2x a day? It seems a bit much to me to use it in the morning when I just used it last night? I mean, how dirty can my face in 6-8 hours? I was thinking in the morning I would just splash warm water on my face and use moisturizer with spf. Does that sound ok or :scream:?

Depends how much stuff you put on your face before you go to bed at night. I use a lot of products, so I like to cleanse my face in the morning to get a fresh start. Plus, I have oily skin, so I like to get that fixed too. :P

If your skin is really dry, I don't think you'd need to cleanse more than once a day. I don't think I'll ever have dry skin on my face. :lol: (My dad still has oily skin at age 63.)

IceAlisa
02-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Actually, the very reason I wanted a pro for my wedding make-up is to avoid one more thing to worry about and to have a natural, yet polished and picture-ready look.

I researched and found someone whose work I liked a lot. She had worked on Eliza Dushku at the time she was in the area and we have similar coloring. Her look was exactly what I had in mind, natural but polished. The last thing I wanted on my wedding is to look like someone else. Or a clown. And the make up artist totally understood that and made me look and feel great.

Congratulations on your wedding! :)

Veronika
02-24-2011, 04:21 PM
I did my own wedding makeup, and I was happy with it. I was definitely going for a more natural look, I didn't want to look too heavily made up.

However, looking back on my pictures, I wish I had used some brow pencil. :P

beepbeep
02-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Cyn, you'd be fab-- you're already a make up and skin care rockstar from afar for some of us here. :cheer:

Coming out of lurkedom to second that :cool:

So, I'm thinking of doing my own makeup for my wedding in the fall. If I can nail a great foundation, I'm not seeing any reason why I shouldn't. My face can't hold a lot of makeup and look good unless I'm going for a painted look. :P Final decision will come at my brother's wedding, as I'm taking part in the professional makeup artist for the day. If it looks amazing, I'll consider outside sources. If not, I'll save my money. To spend on more make up. ;)

Congratulations on your wedding! :cheer2:

I'd be the worst person to recomend any foundation, as I hardly use it, normally I just go with concealer and face powder, and it lasts the day (and I have some really oily skin). I prefer primers to foundation.
(Grant you, I don't remeber using any foundation that is from a good brand...)