PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

topaz
02-22-2011, 03:07 PM
As far as actual make up goes, I'm huge fan of Urban Decay stuff. Their primers and shadows are the best, imo.

I use mid/high end stuff like Nars' Blushes and glosses. MUFE(Makeup For Ever) face and body foundation, all kinds of lipsticks. Mac eyeshadows are good too. Don't have any Estee Lauder stuff though.

Mascaras are different story. I have like 8 mascaras but my favorites or Benefits's Bad Gal, Defincils, Hourglass Superlash and Buxom.

I usually wear tinted moisturizer and foundation sometimes. I use bronzer over the tinted moisturizer and I get many compliments.

I"ve always used a foundation brush to apply the tinted moisturizer and foundation, I don't issue with streaking due to techinque I saw a makeup artist use. However, I will start using more foundation to test the new brushes I bought from Sigma Brushes. The Sigmamax Flat Kabuki Brush looks fun, I can't wait to use it.

Veronika
02-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Thoughts on it? My homornal acne is 99% gone (thank you, Vitamin D!!!) and now I'm dealing with scars and uneven skin tone.

Do you take a vitamin supplement? I have acne, and it's been worse lately. :( I'm willing to try anything at this point, I'm sick of looking like a teen with a pizza face.

Habs
02-22-2011, 03:30 PM
]I'm willing to try anything at this point, I'm sick of looking like a teen with a pizza face.

This - for me too :(

Stormy
02-22-2011, 05:34 PM
I didn't realize I had a little tube sample of Genefique, I must have gotten it from Sephora at some point and stuck it in my bag of samples. I started using it Sunday and I like it! A little goes a LONG way and it sinks right in. It definitely makes my skin smooth and dare I say the tone as improved a tiny bit. I'm going to really think about getting the bottle when my tube is gone.

IceAlisa
02-22-2011, 07:01 PM
Looks like Cyn has started another cult! :D

As to Clinique: I love their lipsticks, especially the Butter Shine ones but their skin care isn't all that. Their toners are so high in alcohol and so drying. IMO there are better options out there.

Habs
02-22-2011, 07:27 PM
As to Clinique: I love their lipsticks, especially the Butter Shine ones but their skin care isn't all that. Their toners are so high in alcohol and so drying. IMO there are better options out there.

I took a gamble and have used the Clinique acne care line for a week. Worst mistake I've ever made. :wuzrobbed

My skin looks awful - dry, tight, scaly and red. So not attractive. I can't wait for it to heal. :(

vesperholly
02-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Do you take a vitamin supplement? I have acne, and it's been worse lately. :( I'm willing to try anything at this point, I'm sick of looking like a teen with a pizza face.

Yes, I take 2,000 IU of Vitamin D (D3/cholecalciferol) daily. That sounds like a lot, but it's a teeny pill. VitD overdoses don't occur until you hit something like 600,000 IU daily.

I had terrible skin for years because of my thyroid going haywire. First way up, then way down, then slowly back up again. It was all hormonal - chin and jawline - with extra intensity before my period. I tried a lot of different OTC products, as well as Differin (rx cream) and Doxycycline (rx antibiotic pill). They all had negligible results. I was about to go demand Accutane. Since hormonal acne is systemic, I always thought that I needed pills.

For months I've been reading the skincare board on Makeup Alley, and someone posted an article talking about Vitamin D and hormonal acne. Vitamin D isn't a vitamin, it's a secosteroid. I don't know enough science to understand what Vitamin D does to help hormones, but I figured it had to be related somehow. I had a bottle in my house so I decided to start taking it. I don't usually take a multivitamin :shuffle: and I get very little sunlight in the winter (sometimes there's no sunlight to be had!), so I figured it couldn't hurt.

Christ on a cracker, did my skin improve FAST. I wouldn't say overnight, but I saw big results within a week. I started taking it in early January, and I have gotten maybe 3 acne cysts since then, and all but one monster went away within a day. I used to have 8-10 at a time. I do still get small clogged pores and blackheads from time to time, but I know that those are from the products I use on my face - soap, makeup, etc - not from a general imbalance.

Here are some more anecdotal stories: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Vitamin-D-I-m-finally-t224285.html

Veronika
02-22-2011, 08:16 PM
Awesome! I was thinking of starting to take Vitamin D anyway, and now I have even more reason. Thanks for the tip! :cheer:

Stormy
02-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Yup, I bought a bottle of Vitamin D at Target this past week because of Vesperholly raving about it! I'm actually hoping it will help clear up the acne on my chest and shoulders and back. I figure it can't hurt. :)

Cyn
02-22-2011, 11:20 PM
Looks like Cyn has started another cult! :D

:biggrinbo :sekret:

It's been a week now, IA - how would you compare the difference of your skin?

A little OT, but related to make-up - I'm looking into becoming a licensed aesthetician (with a focus on skincare).

kimkom
02-22-2011, 11:34 PM
A little OT, but related to make-up - I'm looking into[/LIST] becoming a licensed aesthetician (with a focus on skincare).

You should do it, Cyn! :)

I have a question about Genefique. Can you use it around your eyes? The woman at the Lancome counter said you shouldn't. It's not that I don't believe her, but she was from another area and was just covering for the woman I usually deal with there.

IceAlisa
02-22-2011, 11:50 PM
I've been using it all over the face, including around the eyes. I wonder why that salewoman said you shouldn't...

Cyn, you'd be a :kickass: aesthetician!

:biggrinbo :sekret:

It's been a week now, IA - how would you compare the difference of your skin?

After a close inspection in the mirror, it seems my pores are smaller and the skin texture is smoother. :)

kimkom
02-22-2011, 11:59 PM
I've been using it all over the face, including around the eyes. I wonder why that salewoman said you shouldn't...

Yeah, I've continued to use it around my eyes too, and it hasn't caused any problems.

Cyn
02-23-2011, 12:08 AM
You should do it, Cyn! :)

I have a question about Genefique. Can you use it around your eyes? The woman at the Lancome counter said you shouldn't. It's not that I don't believe her, but she was from another area and was just covering for the woman I usually deal with there.

You absolutely can (and should) use it around your eyes - the skin around the eyes is considerably more delicate than on the rest of the face, and as we age, it gets thinner. Collagen and elastin production decreases, resulting in "crpy" skin. Genifique reduces that. A lot.

Simone411
02-23-2011, 01:03 AM
You absolutely can (and should) use it around your eyes - the skin around the eyes is considerably more delicate than on the rest of the face, and as we age, it gets thinner. Collagen and elastin production decreases, resulting in "crpy" skin. Genifique reduces that. A lot.

All I can say is that you're spot-on, Cyn. My face is much thinner since I've lost weight. Add that plus the fact I'm in my early fifties ... I started getting the dreaded little crows feet (laugh lines) next to my eyes. My left eye has more crows feet next to it than my right eye has.

A friend told me about Genifique and also about a product by Avon called Anew. It is an emulsion formula. I started using the gold emulsion last week which is for women in their 50's. It has to be applied each night before bed and I've already noticed the small wrinkles disappearing.

I feel a little stinging sensation when I first apply it on my face. That means it's actually working according to what my Avon rep. explained. Apparently, it is working! :)