PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

mila19
02-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Thanks Veronika :)

Veronika
02-16-2011, 05:53 PM
Anytime! :)

IceAlisa
02-17-2011, 12:39 AM
Got my Lancome gift with clutch and other goodies, including a sample of Genefique. Is it my imagination or is my skin baby soft and smooth?

To tell you the truth, I was skeptical as I don't see any active ingredients that would be doing this. May be there is an ingredient they are not specifying...hmmm...:sekret: so far I really like it.

skatemommy
02-17-2011, 01:10 AM
My DD and I are enjoying Revlon's triple barrel waver iron. After both of us having stick straight hair it is fun having some waves over the top layer. Ebay brand new w/o box for $4.99!

vesperholly
02-17-2011, 01:55 AM
One thing about the Wonder Woman line is they made almost everything bigger, so it costs more than the regular MAC line. WW looked really fun online though so I bet I'll get a bunch of items from it myself.

Some of the lip glasses look really pretty. And they're HUGE :lol:

I got Dalliance eyeshadow from the Peacocky collection, and I love love love it. Really pretty and unique color, super soft, and it's so big that it'll last forever and ever.

Since I recently started up Weight Watchers again, I made a list of 5-pound loss rewards. Most of them are makeup items. :shuffle: I'm only 1 pound away from a new nail polish! :cheer2:

Anita18
02-17-2011, 06:05 AM
Got my Lancome gift with clutch and other goodies, including a sample of Genefique. Is it my imagination or is my skin baby soft and smooth?

To tell you the truth, I was skeptical as I don't see any active ingredients that would be doing this. May be there is an ingredient they are not specifying...hmmm...:sekret: so far I really like it.
The blood of virgins. :sekret:

kimkom
02-17-2011, 11:59 PM
Is it my imagination or is my skin baby soft and smooth?

No, it's not your imagination, IceAlisa. Fabulous, isn't it? :swoon:

My only beef about Genefique is the bottle. I hate when I can't tell how much is left, and it's really heavy so you can't even judge by holding it. The applicator helps some, but it still bugs me. :P

zhenya271
02-18-2011, 02:42 AM
I have been using Genifique one week now and am very pleased with the results. I too was wondering if it was all psychological because it seems pretty amazing that such a small amount of serum can yield such results in such a short amount of time. I guess I still have some more left in my little bottle, but like Kimkom mentioned, it's kind of hard to tell. I have another little bottle as well, but I'm going to go ahead and make the purchase so I don't have a break. I guess I'll try the serum with the moisturizer now that it's starting to warm up some and the humid months are coming up. The SAs that I talked to said that the product should be moisturizing enough.

made_in_canada
02-19-2011, 03:48 AM
I think I'm going to have to move up a skin care bracket :yikes: I was given samples of some Shiseido skin care that I absolutely love. I keep telling myself that it'll last longer and be totally worth it in the long run. My skins feels soooo good :swoon:

Angela-Fan
02-19-2011, 05:32 AM
I can't decide whether I want to get Clinique skin care stuff or Boscia. I tried one of Clinique's cleansers (liquid facial soap) and it made my face feel dry. Their moisturizers are great though.
I like Boscia's cleansers and moisturizers but they're so expensive. :(
I tried the cheap stuff and it doesn't really seem to have any effect (complex 15 and dove.)

my little pony
02-19-2011, 05:34 AM
after my bout with hives I had to switch to cerave cleanser and moisturizer. i love them both.

vesperholly
02-19-2011, 09:39 AM
My favorite face soap is Dr. Bronner's. I use the tea tree oil bar soap. It's cheap, lasts forever, smells good and keeps my skin clear. I use it with a microfiber cloth (found in the auto section at Target) to very gently exfoliate, and it makes my skin really soft - better than any scrub. Plus, Dr. Bronner's is great for cleaning my makeup brushes.

I am currently using Clinique moisture surge, which was a discard from my mom's GWP. It's nice and light, but pricey so I might not purchase when I run out. I just can't seem to find a good drugstore moisturizer without SPF.

Cyn
02-19-2011, 10:28 AM
I am currently using Clinique moisture surge, which was a discard from my mom's GWP. It's nice and light, but pricey so I might not purchase when I run out. I just can't seem to find a good drugstore moisturizer without SPF.

You might want to look into a nighttime moisturizer instead as most daytime moisturizers will have some sort of SPF. The PM ones are often a little thicker and more concentrated than their daytime counterparts, but not obnoxiously so.

vesperholly
02-22-2011, 09:57 AM
A friend at work sent me a little bag of Estee Lauder products that she didn't want, and one of them was a little 7ml sample of Advanced Night Repair Synchronicity something blah blah. I feel like we've discussed this before :lol: but I don't have a search function.

Thoughts on it? My homornal acne is 99% gone (thank you, Vitamin D!!!) and now I'm dealing with scars and uneven skin tone.

topaz
02-22-2011, 03:00 PM
I can't decide whether I want to get Clinique skin care stuff or Boscia. I tried one of Clinique's cleansers (liquid facial soap) and it made my face feel dry. Their moisturizers are great though.
I like Boscia's cleansers and moisturizers but they're so expensive. :(
I tried the cheap stuff and it doesn't really seem to have any effect (complex 15 and dove.)

I have combo skin of normal to dry, mostly dry. I'm African american and I don't have wrinkles. I do have some fine lines around the eyes only(mostly due to eye allergies instead of aging). Some hyper pigmentation issues on my throat, neck, and eye lids. I turned 40 in November so my signs of aging at not bad. I look like a late twenty something :)

I switched to Boscia 2 months ago. I was a Clinique user for over 15 years. Some stuff was good and others not. I wanted to look into something more natural.

So I used Boscia for the entire month of December:
1. Soothing Cream Cleanser
2. Balancing Tonic
3. Vital Daily Moisturizer w/SPF 15(day time)
4. Night Recharging Moisturizer(night)

I used Hydra Life Youth Sorbet by Dior and then Boscia Moisturizer over that. Boscia's moisturizers can be used around the eyes, unlike many of Cliniques.

Within a week my skin held moisture better(I have dry to normal skin, drier around nose and cheeks). No more dry patches on cheeks.

Boscia is more expensive but it last awhile. The Travel kit I bought was almost $40 but it last almost the whole month. You should be using a smaller amount of the product compared to Clinique. Took me week to understand that, more Clinique product is needed compared to Boscia.

In January I tried Korres line of Wild Rose products, also natural products. The wild rose moisturizer didn't do as well during the day on my skin holding moisture. So I bought Korres' Honey/Thyme moisturizer. Really like the way it smelled and felt. Korres' green tea cleanser didn't do that well on my skin either. However I liked the Rose Serum and Evening Primrose Eye Cream.

Currently, I'm using Boscia's cleansing regimen, their moisturizers but at night I'm using Korres's Wild Rose Brightening serum, Primose eye cream and Honey/Thyme moisturizer.

I still use Clinique's 7 day scrub one a week(until I run out then I'll try Boscia's gentle polisher) and the Wild Rose Mask is used once a week too.

So far I like this regimen.