PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

vesperholly
02-09-2011, 09:41 AM
I don't think I've ever worn Lauder's make up. I am all about MAC eye shadows now. ... I stopped wearing all but matte, natural colors these days. Too old for glitter, shimmer and neon colors.

Me too! I'm still wearing satin/slightly shimmery shades, but no glitter or brights for me. Some people have nice "neutral" faces that can pull off bold or unusual looks, but I'm not one of them. The wildest I can get without looking silly is lilac or aqua. So I'll be very happy creating infinite combinations attractive variations on cream, taupe and dark gray/brown. :lol:

Lanie
02-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Me too! I'm still wearing satin/slightly shimmery shades, but no glitter or brights for me. Some people have nice "neutral" faces that can pull off bold or unusual looks, but I'm not one of them. The wildest I can get without looking silly is lilac or aqua. So I'll be very happy creating infinite combinations attractive variations on cream, taupe and dark gray/brown. :lol:

:cheer2: for the natural look! I can do red lipstick, that's as glamorous and crazy as I get.

Veronika
02-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Really? Because I've used Benefit Cream Shadow Liner and an Avon cream shadow, and they've both turned out to be really great for lasting and not creasing, and I have developed oily-ish eyelids over the years. The only downside is they don't seem to blend well, neither with powders or other cream shadows.

I can see how some cheaper ones might be useless, though. Like Revlon, which is too bad because some of the colours look neat.

You're right--it depends on the formula. The Revlon cream shadows are not long wearing, but Avon and ELF cream shadows have more crease-resistant formulas. Typically, the more high end stuff like Benefit and MAC doesn't crease.

But for me, I still need a primer under most cream shadows...I had Makeup Forever Aqua Cream shadow crease on me within 6 hours, and that stuff has a pretty good reputation.

Veronika are you still looking for a job? I think you should change careers to something makeup related. I am still waiting for you to demonstrate all of your mascaras on youtube.

Yes, I'm still trying to find a new job in my new city...I've thought about applying at the Clinique counter or selling Avon. But both of those are pretty part-time. Maybe someday I'll go to beauty school if I decide to get serious about it.

As for YouTube, I'm happy watching the other makeup gurus for now. :) Mascara would be a hard thing for me to demo, since I only put it on once a day. But I do love my mascara.

Andora
02-09-2011, 02:39 PM
I understand the move towards neutral makeup these days. But I love opportunities to wear more dramatic makeup, like the concert I went to last weekend. I was probably initially more excited about putting on rock star makeup than the band we were going to see. :lol:

You're right--it depends on the formula. The Revlon cream shadows are not long wearing, but Avon and ELF cream shadows have more crease-resistant formulas. Typically, the more high end stuff like Benefit and MAC doesn't crease.

But for me, I still need a primer under most cream shadows...I had Makeup Forever Aqua Cream shadow crease on me within 6 hours, and that stuff has a pretty good reputation.

I've heard that about Makeup Forever's cream shadow, which is too bad because the colours are really interesting!

I didn't know ELF made cream shadow. I only find the line sporadically-- a few things at a Winners maybe, but I did find some brushes at Canada's discount superstore Giant Tiger (or GT Boutique if you'd rather ;) ). I think they're my favourites save for any super nice ones I've picked up from Sephora.

Veronika
02-09-2011, 02:47 PM
I've heard that about Makeup Forever's cream shadow, which is too bad because the colours are really interesting!

I didn't know ELF made cream shadow. I only find the line sporadically at a few things at a Winners maybe, but I did find some brushes at Canada's discount superstore Giant Tiger (or GT Boutique if you'd rather ;) ). I think they're my favourites save for any super nice ones I've picked up from Sephora.

The MUFE cream shadow is crazy pigmented and easy to work with--I think if your eyelids are not oily, it would be fine. But mine are oily.

The ELF cream shadow is newer...but I like it. It's in the Studio line, which is a bit higher quality. I order most of my ELF stuff online. http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/eyes/eyeshadow/cream_eyeshadow

Veronika
02-09-2011, 03:07 PM
As long as I'm talking about ELF, have we discussed the best powder brush ever? http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/brushes/brushes_and_applicators/powder_brush

It's only $3 and it's awesome.

Stefanie
02-10-2011, 01:35 PM
I officially ran out of my Lancome High Resolution Refill-3X this morning. I am surprised how long I made it last since I bought it back in June and I've worn it every day since. (I needed to make it last because it certainly isn't cheap.) I have my cheap Garnier moisturizer to use until I can buy some more Lancome. And I was just wondering if there was a free gift from Lancome because I prefer to buy when there are free gifts. I was excited to see that Macy's has a free gift (http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=536515&CategoryID=30077&LinkType=PDPZ1) now! I love that clutch purse! :)

my little pony
02-10-2011, 02:34 PM
MAC now has the Wonder Woman collection

Stefanie
02-10-2011, 03:30 PM
MAC now has the Wonder Woman collection

:lol: I saw that when I went to the Macy's website. Not sure what else to say about that. :lol:

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I just discovered brow gel! It was included in my Mally Beauty kit and I can't believe I'd never tried it before. I feel like it really keeps the brows in place (if that makes any sense!).

zhenya271
02-10-2011, 08:30 PM
I officially ran out of my Lancome High Resolution Refill-3X this morning. I am surprised how long I made it last since I bought it back in June and I've worn it every day since. (I needed to make it last because it certainly isn't cheap.) I have my cheap Garnier moisturizer to use until I can buy some more Lancome. And I was just wondering if there was a free gift from Lancome because I prefer to buy when there are free gifts. I was excited to see that Macy's has a free gift (http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=536515&CategoryID=30077&LinkType=PDPZ1) now! I love that clutch purse! :)

That's a nice free gift! That's quite a haul. I'm such a sucker for things like that. I have so many pouches and lipsticks that I never use, but they are still hard to pass up. The ones I love the most are the train cases, but those are purchases with purchases.

I just made a purchase at Lancome.com at the beginning of the week and it was a sample of creme radiance and Genifique plus your usual choice of mascara or Bifacil eye make-up remover. I also had a birthday promotional code for a bouquet of five free lipsticks!:cheer2: I hope at least one or two works out!
An additional bonus, if you are an Ebates member it's 14% cash back at Lancome now! I've never seen percentages like that before at other retailers.

Cyn
02-11-2011, 02:10 AM

It's an awesome gift. I was shopping at Belk's the other day, and their Lancôme counter is in pre-sale for the same exact gift. Since there's no Macy's close by, I'll wait and get it there.

BTW, the small bottle of Genifique is possibly the best part of that gift. If you think the High Resolution is wonderful, you'll go bonkers with the former. It takes 7-10 days to really see the results, but they're freaking a-ma-zing. The Genifique Repair cream is also wonderful :swoon: - if I'm feeling lazy and don't want to take all 7 steps of my skincare regimen, I'll cleanse, tone, and then use it instead of the Genifique, then the eye and face serums, then the eye and face moisturizer.

…...The things we do for beauty :drama: :P.

kimkom
02-11-2011, 02:15 AM
BTW, the small bottle of Genifique is possibly the best part of that gift. If you think the High Resolution is wonderful, you'll go bonkers with the former. It takes 7-10 days to really see the results, but they're freaking a-ma-zing.

It's really a shame Genefique is so expensive because EVERYONE should experience it. My pores are tiny for the first time in my life. It also just feels so nice on your skin! :swoon:

IceAlisa
02-11-2011, 02:28 AM
OK, now I am intrigued enough to go get some Genefique. Exactly how does it work and what does it do?

zhenya271
02-11-2011, 02:38 AM
I would like more information about Genefique too, please!:) I almost purchased some from the military exchange the other day, but the Lancome SA at the military exchange wasn't there. I don't really care for our local mall, only a small Belk and Macy's.:(

Cyn
02-11-2011, 05:06 AM
OK, now I am intrigued enough to go get some Genefique. Exactly how does it work and what does it do?

I would like more information about Genefique too, please!:) I almost purchased some from the military exchange the other day, but the Lancome SA at the military exchange wasn't there. I don't really care for our local mall, only a small Belk and Macy's.:(

Basically (in a nutshell) it reactivates certain cellular activity to jump-start new cell production. You know how babies have incredibly luscious, ripe skin? Genifique has that sort of effect on aging skin - it literally turns back the clock. It's expensive (IIRC it's $78 for 1.7 oz, $98 for 3oz), but worth every last cent. I've received more compliments on how young and refreshed my skin looks, and I no longer have to wear foundation - powder is all I need (along with concealer for the occasional breakout).