PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

IceAlisa
02-01-2011, 06:52 PM
I use Latisse. My eyelashes are stunning. :shuffle: It is however, expensive and requires continuous use to keep them long. I am lucky that I have access to discount and freebies--my friend has a cosmetic medicine business.

Ladies, try the Sephora drying drops for your nail polish--used it last night: it works. Just follow directions.

kimkom
02-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Is Latisse the formula that comes from the glaucoma medication? My mom has glaucoma and uses that eye drop, and her lashes are to die for! I wonder if I could put some of her drops on a cotton swab and rub it on my lashes.... :shuffle:

PDilemma
02-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Be careful with Latisse, ladies:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/02/health/02latisse.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

I'll stick to mascara!

Andora
02-02-2011, 07:58 PM
I'm reading mixed reviews over Clinique's pore minimizer. Anyone has ever used it successfully?

I haven't tried Clinique's, but I have yet to use any pore minimizer successfully. Does anyone know of one that actually works?

Gilt had a Stila sale today. I picked up the Stila Girl Palettes in Tokyo & Fuji...am :wuzrobbed that I didn't get there in time to pick up the Lip Glaze set.

I ordered the Adventures In Aspen one a week or so ago! So excited for it to come in!

In fact, I have a wide assortment of makeup coming in this week and next. :lol: After complaining to NYX multiple times about their piss poor Canadian website and how Canadians are automatically redirected there, they sent me a discount coupon to use on it. That was rather :blah: at the time, but the website HAS improved, and I'll be five lipsticks the richer for it. ;) And a couple of things from Mark.

Nothing is here yet, though, and the waiting is getting annoying. :P

my little pony
02-02-2011, 08:23 PM
I have the Clinique pore minimizer. Some people on MUA say that is minimizes their pores, or the appearance of them. The lady at the Clinique counter told me it really didnt do that, it is more of a concealer or primer since it can go under makeup or over it.

Veronika
02-02-2011, 08:54 PM
I have a big NYX and Milani haul sitting in my shopping cart on CherryCulture.com...why is it that I don't bat an eye at spending $50 at Sephora, but I've never spent that much on any other beauty website?

Veronika
02-02-2011, 08:56 PM
In fact, I have a wide assortment of makeup coming in this week and next. :lol: After complaining to NYX multiple times about their piss poor Canadian website and how Canadians are automatically redirected there, they sent me a discount coupon to use on it. That was rather :blah: at the time, but the website HAS improved, and I'll be five lipsticks the richer for it. ;)

:cheer: NYX!

I wish I could find NYX in a store other than Ulta...that would be so great. At least Target has some of the ELF stuff now.

Cyn
02-02-2011, 10:32 PM
That No.19 bottle is gorgeous. :eek: May be I should get it for my MIL who adores No.19 and who is SO not the wire mother.

Cyn, would you like me to send you a sample of No.19? I can always beg for one at Nordstrom nearby. ebay that Sisley thing--will earn you $ for that purty purty limited edition bottle.

There's a Nordstrom's near where my sister lives; I have to go down there this weekend, so I'll go to the ::shudder:: mall and see if they have any samples of it. If not, I just might take you up on that offer :).

I haven't tried Clinique's, but I have yet to use any pore minimizer successfully. Does anyone know of one that actually works?

I've use L'Oreal's Skin Genesis skin cleanser which, in addition to a light exfoliating with a BHA, works to minimize pores. Not sure when it started, but I have definitely noticed that my pores are considerably smaller. The benefit is that it's about $6.00 a bottle :cheer:.

Habs
02-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Has anyone here ever used the Clinique acne-prone skin care line?

IceAlisa
02-03-2011, 04:24 AM

I'll stick to mascara!
From the article:

Most people use Latisse, a topical solution, with few, if any, complaints. But the drug can cause redness, itchiness and irritation, which go away if use is discontinued. Less common is eyelid discoloration, which Allergan, the manufacturer, says “may be reversible.” A rare side effect that has captured the most attention is the chance that one’s hazel or blue eyes could turn brown — forever.

IIRC, these side effects were reported with the original glaucoma medication which is more concentrated and is administered as eye drops, not on the eyelid.
The side effect of the purple lids occurred in the woman who bought her Latisse from a non-medical office. What do you expect? Who knows what really was in that bottle?

Cyn, I would be happy to send you a sample of No.19. I sniffed Bvlgari Eau Parfumee today and if green citrus is your thing, it's quite lovely.

kimkom
02-03-2011, 04:49 AM
Yes, my mom's eyelids are really red and puffy, and have been since she started using the glaucoma medication. It looks like they're so sore and tender, but she says they're mostly irritated. One would think that when they created Latisse they would have addressed that issue.

Moisturizer snark: I bought a jar of Dior Capture Totale day moisturizer, and I hate it. It's so thick that I've been using it as a night cream instead. I hate to just toss it because it was so expensive, but :scream: I wonder if it would work on my dry elbows instead, so I can go back to my Lancome?

Anita18
02-03-2011, 07:59 AM

I'll stick to mascara!
It's $$$$, so I'll stick with mascara. :P

Luckily I'm Asian so we aren't expected to have full lashes. :o

Lanie
02-03-2011, 11:33 AM
I'm so sad Stila discontinued their Natalie lipstick. :drama: Anyone know of a good replacement for something like that, a light berry color?

I need new foundation too. I have a problem with my skin flaking all the time, no matter what I do, when I wear foundation--especially liquid. Any recommendations for that?

Latisse scares me but I have really long eyelashes. I lucked out there. :shuffle:

Andora
02-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Moisturizer snark: I bought a jar of Dior Capture Totale day moisturizer, and I hate it. It's so thick that I've been using it as a night cream instead. I hate to just toss it because it was so expensive, but :scream: I wonder if it would work on my dry elbows instead, so I can go back to my Lancome?

Can you return it? I don't know about elsewhere, but I'm always impressed at what Sephora lets me return.

IceAlisa
02-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Yes, my mom's eyelids are really red and puffy, and have been since she started using the glaucoma medication. It looks like they're so sore and tender, but she says they're mostly irritated. One would think that when they created Latisse they would have addressed that issue.

They did. The concentration of Latisse is much lower and few report lid irritation. The route of administration is different too.

Also, I point out again that the woman in the NYT article did not use Latisse she got from a doctor. It's hard to say what she actually used as she got it from her beautician who essentially was practicing medicine without a license.

On another note, I luuurve the Clinique color surge butter shine lipstick. I own one in Pink Toffee and think I'd like to buy more. So creamy. I also got another kind of their lipstick in Creamy Nude. I tend to wear nudes during the day and berry colors at night.