PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Alissa, on Grand Prix Final Gold!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

oubik
12-15-2010, 02:42 PM
Great for Alissa and big congratulations. I am really loving her skating since I firts saw her debuting in Junior Grand Prix ages ago in Bratislava and I am kind of always hoping she will :kickass: the other bunch of boring american ladiezzzzzzz anywhere anytime in the future. So, hopefully this year? We have always hopes.

Satellitegirl
12-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Congrats Alissa! Can't wait to see you skate at Nationals :)

DreamSkates
12-15-2010, 07:47 PM
So glad to see her complete 2 very good programs - no falls, and great spins and lovely expression. Look forward to seeing her at Nationals!

geod2
12-16-2010, 01:50 AM
I don't want that kind of expectation on Alissa! I think she should be focused on winning Nationals and then go from there.
ITA.
Hopefully, Jason will be the one going to Nationals with her, since their track record together is off the chart.
I like how she went to GPF wanting to win, and letting that be OK
....none of that old "I can't control the outcome" crap we used to hear.

I have watched her program 3 or 4 times and I haven't done that for any other program literally since Kwan.
I bet a lot of fans have.
Alissa always had the "IT" factor, but with an asterisk.
Maybe she can finally dump the asterisk.
:)

os168
12-16-2010, 02:12 AM
Congrats Alissa, by far the most enjoyable performances and programs this season. You deserve all the praise and accolades coming your way.

So happy you managed to prove everyone wrong :) Good luck at Nationals!

Cyn
12-16-2010, 05:35 AM
Alissa at long last finally delivered two programs that she has long been capable of doing but could never put on the ice when it mattered.

Congratulations to her!! :cheer2:

May this win give her the confidence to know that she can bring it and show everyone just how beautiful her skating is.

bbkenn
12-16-2010, 07:06 AM
Congratulations to Alissa for her gold at the GPF. I am VERY happy and thrilled for her and hope this is the season for her to get a medal at worlds. Good luck.

Extranjera
12-16-2010, 08:27 AM
Congrats to Alissa, she skated two amazing programs in Begiing :) I can't wait to watch her at nationals- I hope she will go for worlds instead of Rachael.

leafygreens
12-16-2010, 01:59 PM
The exhibition dress is really cool!

I'm sorry to say that I never had faith in Alissa and felt like her nationals win was a fluke, but she has overcome any doubts I had with this GPF win. So confident, mature, and beautiful. Her last few competitions have been so solid and consistent - she really has become a new skater. (I don't want to jinx her for nationals though - but I think Rachael has become last year's Alissa, and Alissa has become last year's Rachael.)

BTW her I-spin is better than Sasha's. Just effortless.

CEPool
12-16-2010, 04:27 PM
If Alissa gets on the podium at Worlds (and I really, really hope she does), I will be a bawling mess.

:clap:

satchelpooch318
12-16-2010, 08:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsCsk66i-nE&feature=player_embedded

Aww man, she does the Katarina Witt "butt eagle" -- but I can easily overlook that since everything else about her skating so über-stupendous! :D

DORISPULASKI
12-16-2010, 09:21 PM
So glad to see Alissa skate back to back good programs! It can be done by an older skater!

Congratulations to her!

Karpenko
12-17-2010, 01:27 AM
So proud of her, she deserves this. :)

semogal
12-17-2010, 04:58 AM
I am so happy for Alissa. And I absolutely love her exhibition skate. She really has my favorite programs this season.

alilou
12-20-2010, 06:45 AM
Interview with Alissa

Alissa Czisny - Through The Continents
http://worldskating.blogspot.com/2010/12/alissa-czisny-through-continents_19.html