PDA

View Full Version : It's a girl!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

bobalina77
12-14-2010, 04:42 PM
We had our 3D ultrasound on Saturday and found out our peanut is a girl :biggrinbo

Watching her on the big screen was absolutely amazing! You feel them bumping around inside and you always wonder what the heck they're doing in there.. so actually seeing it was really cool! I love now that when I feel her I can kinda picture her in my head. Before all I had to go by was a fuzzy white blob that kinda looked like a baby and random movement lol! It was great for my fiance too because I get to feel her all the time, but he only gets to feel her once in a while when he puts his hand on my stomach. Watching him watch her on the screen in complete awe was priceless :) It was such a bonding experience for us. The detail is just.. wow.. and I would recommend anyone do it whether they want to find out the gender or not. The experience was worth the money even though she was stubborn about showing her face lol!

We've narrowed our names down to 4 and the plan is to choose from those 4 once she's born. I can't believe that once the holidays are over we'll only have 3 more months till her arrival day :eek:

Buzz
12-14-2010, 04:44 PM
LOL@bobalina77! Congratulations and of course she will be a skating fan! Good luck and all the best for a healthy baby and a safe delivery. :cheer2: Oh yeah.... congratulations to the dad as well. :)

Holley Calmes
12-14-2010, 04:56 PM
How thrilling! I am so happy for you! Big hugs and take great care of yourself! Sleep now, while you can! :) I only had one child, a girl, and now I am 61 and she is 38, and she is my closest, dearest friend and soul mate. I hope your little girl will be that for you, too, and bring you great joy.

attyfan
12-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Mazel tov!

oleada
12-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Congrats!

Think of all the fun you'll have shopping for her... ;)

Badams
12-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Yay! Girls are so much fun!

nerdycool
12-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Congrats!

IceAlisa
12-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Congrats! :cheer2:

rfisher
12-14-2010, 06:02 PM
The detail is just.. wow.. and I would recommend anyone do it whether they want to find out the gender or not. The experience was worth the money even though she was stubborn about showing her face lol!

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. As an imaging professional I can say we do not know all the long term risks of ultrasound. Doing one to assess the fetus prior to delivery and during development is one thing. Doing them just to see the fetus is another. It is unethical and unnecessary. The American Society of Sonography is opposed to the use of 3-D ultrasounds for this purpose.

MikiAndoFan#1
12-14-2010, 06:04 PM
Congratulations! :cheer2:

beepbeep
12-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Congratulations dear!!!! :swoon:
A little Glamour Puss in the making!

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. As an imaging professional I can say we do not know all the long term risks of ultrasound. Doing one to assess the fetus prior to delivery and during development is one thing. Doing them just to see the fetus is another. It is unethical and unnecessary. The American Society of Sonography is opposed to the use of 3-D ultrasounds for this purpose.

But you gotta hand it that it's cool if you get to see it.

Karina1974
12-14-2010, 06:11 PM
They are sure, though, right?

Everytime I hear people say "according to the ultrasound..." I think back to a former co-worker of mine who was 7 months pregnant when I started working with her. She had 2 boys already and she soooo wanted a girl, and she was told she was going to have one. Then, when the baby came out... it was a boy. She was so upset, she was crying about it in the delivery room, because she was counting on having a daughter.

bobalina77
12-14-2010, 06:13 PM
I've heard that. I've only had one u/s this pregnancy and we have one more at 28 weeks because they couldn't get a good shot of the spine at the first one. I've known women who have had a whole lot more than that for various reasons. Obviously you need to use your best judgment, but it was a 20 min u/s. We weren't in there for an hour like at our anatomy scan.

Anyway I don't want to turn this thread into a debate about the evils of ultrasounds.

bobalina77
12-14-2010, 06:17 PM
They are sure, though, right?

Everytime I hear people say "according to the ultrasound..." I think back to a former co-worker of mine who was 7 months pregnant when I started working with her. She had 2 boys already and she soooo wanted a girl, and she was told she was going to have one. Then, when the baby came out... it was a boy. She was so upset, she was crying about it in the delivery room, because she was counting on having a daughter.

Yep she was pretty confident. There wasn't much doubt lol. That's funny.. I honestly don't know anyone who has found out the gender at an u/s just to have it be wrong.. but I do hear stories elsewhere lol!

PDilemma
12-14-2010, 06:17 PM
My cousin's first baby was a girl according to three ultrasounds.

The story of his birth goes like this:

Doctor: It's a boy!

His mother and grandmother in unison: WHAT?