PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Golden Globe Nominees

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

AliasJohnDoe
12-14-2010, 03:35 PM
2011 Golden Globe Nominees!!!
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/12/2011-golden-globes-nominations-glee-30-rock-lead-tv-nominations.html

Best Television Series (Comedy or Musical):
"30 Rock"
"The Big Bang Theory"
"The Big C"
"Glee"
"Modern Family"
"Nurse Jackie"

Best Television Series (Drama):
"Boardwalk Empire"
"Dexter"
"The Good Wife"
"Mad Men"
"The Walking Dead"

Best Motion Picture (Drama):
"Black Swan"
"The Fighter"
"Inception"
"The King's Speech"
"The Social Network"

Best Motion Picture (Comedy or Musical):
"Alice in Wonderland"
"Burlesque"
"The Kids Are All Right"
"Red"
"The Tourist"

Buzz
12-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Congratulations to all the nominees and glad to see a couple of my favourites got mentioned: The Black Swan and The Walking Dead. No mention for Hawaii 5-0 or Castle. LOL

AliasJohnDoe
12-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Congratulations to all the nominees and glad to see a couple of my favourites got mentioned: The Black Swan and The Walking Dead. No mention for Hawaii 5-0 or Castle. LOL

Best Supporting Actor (Television):
Scott Caan, "Hawaii Five-0" :cheer:

Norlite
12-14-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm shocked Burlesque made it into any list of "Best" movie anywhere. :lol:

I love me anything Christina, so I saw it, and her singing was fabulous, of course, but everything else was baaaad. Worst acting (from everyone) I've seen in years, goofy, hokey story too.

Rex
12-14-2010, 04:27 PM
I'm shocked Burlesque made it into any list of "Best" movie anywhere. :lol:

I love me anything Christina, so I saw it, and her singing was fabulous, of course, but everything else was baaaad. Worst acting (from everyone) I've seen in years, goofy, hokey story too. Even worse than Whitney "And.....then....I.....exHALED.....girlfriend" Houston or Beyonce "Bitch......Iwillshowyoucrazy" Knowles?

I have a good friend who lurves all things Cher, and he thinks she should be nominated for an Oscar for her role in Burlesque. Shit, I lurve Cher, but I actually think that she should return the Oscar she DID win :shuffle:.

VIETgrlTerifa
12-14-2010, 04:30 PM
I'm surprised Toy Story 3 failed to get nominated. The Golden Globes always have funny nominations for the big prize since they split the category in genres and the Foreign Press Association really has no transparency and are more worried about schmoozing with the celebrities that they reward.

AliasJohnDoe
12-14-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm surprised Toy Story 3 failed to get nominated.

It did, under best animated movie.

Best Animated Movie:
"Despicable Me"
"How to Train Your Dragon"
"The Illusionist"
"Tangled"
"Toy Story 3"

Wyliefan
12-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Burlesque? They must have been hard up for musicals.

In the Best Song category, "Coming Home" isn't a bad song, but I wouldn't say it's the best one on the Country Strong soundtrack. I think I'd have gone with "A Little Bit Stronger" -- but then, I suppose if you're running the Golden Globe ceremony, you'd rather have Gwyneth Paltrow performing than Sara Evans. :shuffle:

Allen
12-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Some of the nominations are exactly what I expected and other just seem really bizarre. I don't get the Halle Berry or Michael Douglas nominations at all. I also don't get the nominations for Alice in Wonderland or Burlesque. I'm hoping The Kids Are All Right take the category. The nominations for Drama series were really exciting. I would have liked to have seen True Blood in there since it had its strongest season. I have never watched The Good Wife, but I know the other four series totally deserve their nominations. I'm so excited for Laura Linney and The Big C. I love that show and Laura Linney's acting in general is :swoon:

VIETgrlTerifa
12-14-2010, 04:39 PM
It did, under best animated movie.

Best Animated Movie:
"Despicable Me"
"How to Train Your Dragon"
"The Illusionist"
"Tangled"
"Toy Story 3"

I forgot that the Golden Globes have strict rules about their categories. Like foreign films not being eligible for Best Drama or Best Comedy/Musical (which got them into a small controversy when Babel won Best Drama when about 75% of the film was in a foreign language).

AliasJohnDoe
12-14-2010, 04:48 PM
The nominations for Drama series were really exciting. I would have liked to have seen True Blood in there since it had its strongest season.

That's my only disappoinment about the TV Drama catagory. True Blood had their best season yet, and the actors deserved some recognition, especially Denis O'Hare(Russell). :confused:

orbitz
12-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Alice In Wonderland, The Tourist, and Burlesque are ranked among some of the worst reviewed movies of the year, and they're nominated? How much money did the Associated Press members pocketed for those nominations, LOL ? I feel bad that The Kids are Alright are included in this group.

ETA: Maybe The Tourist and Burlesque are nominated in the hope that Bradgelina and Cher will show up on award night to add glamour and draw viewers.

Since there's a separate drama and comedy/musical category, how about one just for action movie?

icewalker08
12-14-2010, 04:54 PM
The Tourist???????Angelina Jolie, "The Tourist"??????Johnny Depp, "The Tourist"??????
:rolleyes::blah::yikes:

Rex
12-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Wow. No Gwyneth Paltrow. :fragile: :2faced:

oleada
12-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Glee, The Good Wife & Modern Family! :cheer2:

I really, really hope Sofia Vergara takes the supporting actress category - she's been absolutely outstanding this season, IMO. I'm surprised neither Christine Baranski nor Archie Panjabi got nominations.

Great for Emma Stone, she made Easy A. I'm also happy for Mila Kunis, who I really like and I've heard is an absolutely lovely person in real life.