PDA

View Full Version : New Students for Yuka and Jason

Pages : [1] 2

OrioleBeagle
12-13-2010, 08:26 PM
After the season is over, which singles skaters do you think should switch to Yuka and Jason? Also, what pair team would you send to Jason?

sk9tingfan
12-13-2010, 08:55 PM
After the season is over, which singles skaters do you think should switch to Yuka and Jason? Also, what pair team would you send to Jason?

Not that they're doing badly at all(that's an understatement), but I think that Yuka and Jason could take Yankowskas and Coughlin to the next level.

olympic
12-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Not that they're doing badly at all(that's an understatement), but I think that Yuka and Jason could take Yankowskas and Coughlin to the next level.

How about MBM/RB? Nicks will retire at some point very soon.

oleada
12-13-2010, 10:00 PM
Zawadzki!

orbitz
12-13-2010, 10:09 PM

They only have two high-profiled students so far in their coaching career, and those students were already high-profiled before coming to them. It's not a long track record of success like a Frank Caroll has, so I don't know why skaters would immediately want to jump on the Yuka-Jason bandwagon. Jason hasn't had any pair at the top level either.

Jenna
12-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Zawadzki!

One can only hope.

mgobluegirl
12-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Gilles. She already has DSC connections (Piper and Todd trained there last year), and she desperately needs a new situation, IMO.

pinky166
12-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Gilles. She already has DSC connections (Piper and Todd trained there last year), and she desperately needs a new situation, IMO.

Agreed. Also maybe Ashley Wagner, depending on her results during the rest of the season. Priscilla hasn't really helped take her to the next level, IMO.

ks777
12-14-2010, 01:30 AM

Mike Sorrentino?

MR-FAN
12-14-2010, 01:33 AM
The whole Morozov camp! and Mao!

Yuka and Jason, the Miracle workers!!! :P

krenseby
12-14-2010, 01:34 AM
Agreed. Also maybe Ashley Wagner, depending on her results during the rest of the season. Priscilla hasn't really helped take her to the next level, IMO.

That's kinda interesting, considering that Priscilla is credited for much of Johnny's success. I've always had high consideration for her coaching abilities so I am surprised that Ashley hasn't benefited from working with her.

JerseySlore
12-14-2010, 01:36 AM
Czisny and Abbott were already excellent in terms of style and musicality before they went to Yuka, so I'm not sure about her ability to package skaters, but I want to ship every headcase to her rink. Phaneuf and Cassar off the top of my head.

pinky166
12-14-2010, 06:05 AM
The whole Morozov camp! and Mao!

Yuka and Jason, the Miracle workers!!! :P

Most of Morozov's students are actually pretty consistent though. As for Mao, you may be on to something ;)

Oh I know, Stephen Carriere! He used to have soo much potential but now he's kinda all over the place :shuffle:

The Accordion
12-14-2010, 06:27 AM
Czisny and Abbott were already excellent in terms of style and musicality before they went to Yuka, so I'm not sure about her ability to package skaters, but I want to ship every headcase to her rink. Phaneuf and Cassar off the top of my head.

Send all the Canadian women there!

Loves_Shizuka
12-14-2010, 12:50 PM
Yuka & Jason are becoming quite the "It" team.