PDA

View Full Version : Japanese qualification rules for worlds

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Extranjera
12-27-2010, 04:53 PM
I'm happy of Mao's programs at nationals. She wasn't perfect, but she skated very well. I suppose we all feel relief after seeing that she still can do it ;)

Ando was fantastic either, a well deserved title.

I'm surprised Takahashi didn't win. What happenned to him? Only a weak day or some injury?

justAfsfan
12-28-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm a bit confuse, can anyone please kindly explain a bit more. So since Oda need to do QR because he didn't qualify for world FS last year. Japanese federation decide to send Dai and Kozuka to 4cc so they will not be the lowest rank skate in team that have to do QR with Oda(since Oda need to do QR anyway, let he be the lowest rank on team?). Am I correct?

midori
12-28-2010, 04:57 PM
I think NMURA is right. As long as Daisuke competes in 4CC and finishes FS, it would be Kozuka who has to go to Preliminary Round.

I wish it would have been Daisuke so that they would reconsider the stupid rule. And he could try both 4F and 4T there. ;) (Is PR a part of ISU competitions, right?)

midori
12-28-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm a bit confuse, can anyone please kindly explain a bit more. So since Oda need to do QR because he didn't qualify for world FS last year. Japanese federation decide to send Dai and Kozuka to 4cc so they will not be the lowest rank skate in team that have to do QR with Oda(since Oda need to do QR anyway, let he be the lowest rank on team?). Am I correct?

One of Japanese men has to do Preliminary Round because Oda did not qualify for FS last year. It does not stick to the skater but to the country/region.

The skater to do PR is chosen by World Standings.

midori
01-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Some updates were announced:
http://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/image_data/fck/file/2010_Figure/2011champs-rev4.pdf

Universiade: Nobu Oda, Daisuke Murakami, Shoko Ishikawa, Shion Kokubun, Emi Hirai/Taiyo Mizutani

Now Takuya Kondo and Mari Suzuki are also in the list.

4cc: Takahiko Kozuka, Daisuke Takahashi, Yuzuru Hanyu, Miki Ando, Mao Asada, Akiko Suzuki, Takahashi/Tran, Reed/Reed
Substitutes:
- Takahito Mura, Tatsuki Machida
- Fumie Suguri, Haruka Imai

Reed/Reed has withdrawn.

Junior Worlds: Kento Nakamura, Keiji Tanaka, Ryuichi Kihara, Risa Shoji, Yuki Nishino, Miyabi Ohba, Takahashi/Tran, Komatsubara/Mizutani

Substitutes:
- Ryuju Hino, Takuya Kondo
- kana Muramoto, Kako Tomotaki

Worlds:
Takahashi/Tran
Reed/Reed
Takahiko Kozuka, Nobunari Oda, Daisuke Takahashi
Miki Ando, Mao Asada, Kanako Murakami
Substitutes:
- Yuzuru Hanyu, Takahito Mura
- Akiko Suzuki, Fumie Suguri