PDA

View Full Version : Japanese qualification rules for worlds

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

LKR
12-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Why is Takahashi going to 4CC instead of Oda when the latter beat the former at Japanese Nationals?

haribobo
12-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Why is Takahashi going to 4CC instead of Oda when the latter beat the former at Japanese Nationals?

4CC doesn't matter much for a skater like Nobu. I guess Oda wants to do Universiade. Who knows. I'm glad Shoko Ishikawa gets to do Universiade- her SP was pretty cool.

ks777
12-26-2010, 07:09 PM
yeah plus Oda probably wants to spend more time with his baby.

victoriaheidi
12-26-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm glad Akiko still got 4CC. And I'm glad Kanako made the Worlds team! And that Risa Shoji made the jw team...ok, honestly, looking over the assignments, I can't find anything that makes me want to :eek: or :rolleyes:. I think everyone got a decent piece of the pie. :)

Stephanie
12-26-2010, 07:50 PM

Oda trains (mainly) in Canada, so if only 2/3 of the world team members are going to go, Kozuka and Takahashi make sense since they both train in Japan

young3638
12-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Ando, Murakami and Suzuki deserve to go to the Worlds but Japanese Federation will bump up Mao at their National anyway and poor Suzuki will end up staying at home bitching about Asada.

pinky166
12-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Ando, Murakami and Suzuki deserve to go to the Worlds but Japanese Federation will bump up Mao at their National anyway and poor Suzuki will end up staying at home bitching about Asada.

Actually Mao skated quite well at nationals but still finished about 8 points behind Ando, who was clean in both programs. Mao and Kanako essentially tied in the FS but Mao beat her because Kanako singled her axel in the SP. Akiko made more mistakes than the top 3 finishers and finished 4th, I'd actually say it was a fairly judged competition. The scores were a bit inflated across the board but in terms of placement, I think the judges got it right.

ks777
12-26-2010, 09:02 PM

Suzuki didn't skate well.. and I don't think Suzuki is the type of person who bitch about other skaters.

Jeschke
12-26-2010, 09:24 PM
what a performance of ando, absolutely stunning, gorgeous!

Amy03
12-26-2010, 09:48 PM
see this is what I love about mao just when people think she is out she always proves one wrong, it was a beautiful comeback from mao.... and I am quite impressed to be able to have so many changes and rework all of her jumps, but still managed to get used to her new technique during so little time... unbelievable... she's such a fighter...

tkaug
12-26-2010, 11:34 PM

One of the World team with the lowest world ranking(3635 points for Oda, 3318 for Takahashi, and 2982 for Kozuka for now) will have to do the qualification because Oda didn't qualify for the free skating last season.
I think they are going to make Oda do the qualification by not sending him for 4CC, where Takahashi and Kozuka will have a big chance to exceed Oda in the world ranking before the Worlds.

NMURA
12-27-2010, 04:26 AM
Kozuka must do the QR. The point gap with Oda is too big. If Kozuka wins 4CC, he receives 840 points to replace 496 points of 2009 worlds. The total will be 3326. Takahashi has no championship points of two years ago. He will surely stay above as long as he shows up at 4CC.

Jayar
12-27-2010, 05:11 AM
Kozuka must do the QR. The point gap with Oda is too big. If Kozuka wins 4CC, he receives 840 points to replace 496 points of 2009 worlds. The total will be 3326. Takahashi has no championship points of two years ago. He will surely stay above as long as he shows up at 4CC.

That's not how it works. Any points that skaters earn this season do NOT replace points from 2008-09... they are ADDED to their total. At the end of the season (and before the beginning of next), the points from 08-09 go away. So, the results of 4CCs will decide who has to qualify at Worlds.

luCN
12-27-2010, 08:19 AM
wow,if it's true,then I can understand why they send Kozuka an Takahashi to 4CC,thank you! :)

NMURA
12-27-2010, 04:45 PM
That's not how it works. Any points that skaters earn this season do NOT replace points from 2008-09... they are ADDED to their total. At the end of the season (and before the beginning of next), the points from 08-09 go away. So, the results of 4CCs will decide who has to qualify at Worlds.

Only two highest championship (and maximum four GP and four senior B) points are counted for the WS points.