PDA

View Full Version : Japanese qualification rules for worlds

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Loves_Shizuka
12-13-2010, 07:28 AM
^True, really.

Suzuki is the most likely to stay at home IMO.

MikiAndoFan#1
12-13-2010, 10:15 AM
Suzuki is the most likely to stay at home IMO.

This is true, unfortunately. :wuzrobbed I'm not liking the way the judges are favouring Kanako and leaving Akiko behind.

kirkyo
12-13-2010, 06:52 PM
Miki's SP (The Mission) is complete crap, but I think the GPF performance was an off day. She's jumping better than anyone else right now. After the LP, which was impressive, I can't recall seeing her that happy since maybe she won worlds.

This is going to be heartbreaking for someone (and their fans). All four are more than deserving.

after watch COC and GPF,I hope suzuki and murakami can make the team with Mao.

Miki seemed had some problems,and....to say the truth,her programs for this seanson are really awful.....

suzuki and murakami are very lyrical and have the energy and speed at the same time.beside these ,their EX numbers are gorgeous and made all the audience crazy!

missing
12-13-2010, 07:07 PM
If I could change one rule in skating, I'd give an automatic bye to the reigning world champion in each discipline, and then let their country send the number of skaters that they qualify for.

Thus, Mao would get a bye to Worlds (as would Takahashi, etc.), and Japan could send another three women.

This is the kind of rule change that hurts pretty much no one, and rewards countries with strong programs, as well as skaters who were excellent enough to win a world championship.

Kitty Hu
12-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Highest placement at the GPF does not automatically qualify a japanese lady to worlds this season, so Murakami might still not make it to Tokyo. I think top 3 at nationals will go to worlds, but the Japanese fed. can pick any of the ladies really.

that' true,although Oda and murakami have take part in the press conference pre-worlds 2011 yesterday's afternoon, but that dosen't mean they have got the tickets. the highest placement in GPF only make them the candidates for the worlds. and some japanese reporters told me that the lost one will be sent to asian winter game~:eek:

Tak
12-14-2010, 12:40 AM
If I could change one rule in skating, I'd give an automatic bye to the reigning world champion in each discipline, and then let their country send the number of skaters that they qualify for.

Rather than this, I'd prefer if the medalists [or the gold medalists] from 4CC and Euros get a bye to Worlds [in addition to whatever number of places that skater's country would get]. This would help skaters from countries with deep fields, and it would also help 4CC attract quality skaters for the competition. Too often outside of Olympic years, it's the B team we see there.

MR-FAN
12-14-2010, 12:43 AM

Thus, Mao would get a bye to Worlds (as would Takahashi, etc.), and Japan could send another three women.

This is the kind of rule change that hurts pretty much no one, and rewards countries with strong programs, as well as skaters who were excellent enough to win a world championship.

I like it, though I'd give automatic buys to all the medalists at worlds. Also, just so we're really hurting noone, those 3 spots in each discipline should not affect the number of entries that qualify for the FS. So there should be an extra 3 spots that qualify to the FS in each discipline

This would help skaters from countries with deep fields, and it would also help 4CC attract quality skaters for the competition. Too often outside of Olympic years, it's the B team we see there.

I think if anything, the Olympic years are when the field at 4CC is the weakest. Looking at the 2008 and 2009 4CC entries, it was like a mini-worlds!

Marco
12-14-2010, 03:23 AM
All four are more than deserving.

So far I can only think of 3 Japanese ladies who have shown they deserve to be sent to Worlds with their skating this season.

Please just let Nationals be the decider and leave politics and endorsements out of it. :soapbox:

Jeschke
12-14-2010, 07:21 AM
So far I can only think of 3 Japanese ladies who have shown they deserve to be sent to Worlds with their skating this season.

Please just let Nationals be the decider and leave politics and endorsements out of it. :soapbox:

to be honest, even haruka imai was more impressive this season than mao.
canīt wait for nationals ...

Marco
12-14-2010, 09:52 AM
If by some miracle Mao does not make the World team, she really should keep both programs from this season.

yukster
12-15-2010, 01:22 AM
If by some miracle Mao does not make the World team, she really should keep both programs from this season.

yeah, especially the LP... I love the program even without the jumps.
Even when she bombs, I can see her trying not to give up performing completely this season.
It's a shame if we can't get to see the program fulfilled its potential...:(

Sorry for OT, I'm soo looking forward to the nationals!!! :)

victoriaheidi
12-15-2010, 01:55 AM
If I were the Japanese:

MEN: Oda, Takahashi, Kozuka (ok, this one's a no duh)
LADIES: Asada, Ando, Murakami (I adore Akiko and I would LOVE to see her in Tokyo, but I think the JSF would send Asada, the reining world champ)

Again, these aren't really my choices, but I see the Japanese Fed going this way...

Seerek
12-15-2010, 03:37 AM
I dunno - I'd have to think Akiko Suzuki must win Japanese Nationals to get a spot.

a skate off at 4CC might happen this year, just as it was done in 2005.

victoriaheidi
12-15-2010, 06:28 AM
a skate off at 4CC might happen this year, just as it was done in 2005.

I mean, to me, it's obvious: 3 skaters qualify for the final, those three should go to Worlds. But Mao is an Olympic/World medalist, and even though she bombed the GP, she's probably the most famous female skater in Japan atm, so that could help her chances.

Marco
12-15-2010, 06:31 AM
I dunno - I'd have to think Akiko Suzuki must win Japanese Nationals to get a spot.

I think it works the other way round. If they don't want her at Worlds they will make sure she doesn't win or place high enough at Nationals. One downgrade will do. The same happened at 2009 Nationals.