PDA

View Full Version : Are V&M out for the season????

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

bbkenn
12-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Does anyone know if they are out for the season? On NBC today, it was predicted D&W will win, and that's ok, but I was wondering if it's official that V&M are not going to be competing this season?

pani
12-12-2010, 06:12 PM
http://www.eurosport.ru/figure-skating/story_sto2580715.shtml
Interwie on russian with Igor Shpilband from GPF.
He said, they start skating together this week and want to go to Natioanls. If they will not be ready, they 100% plan to go to 4CC and WCh

briancoogaert
12-12-2010, 06:27 PM
http://www.eurosport.ru/figure-skating/story_sto2580715.shtml
Interwie on russian with Igor Shpilband from GPF.
He said, they start skating together this week and want to go to Natioanls. If they will not be ready, they 100% plan to go to 4CC and WCh
Wow ! That is a good news !
I can't wait to see them again. They are so young and so talented !

bbkenn
12-13-2010, 05:11 AM
That's awesome. Thanks Pani.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
12-13-2010, 05:51 AM
That's great news. I'm surprised at how much I missed them. Happy we'll get to see their programs this season.

scs
12-13-2010, 11:57 AM
They are scheduled as the headline skaters for a December 19 show in Tess's hometown of London.

neptune
12-13-2010, 11:40 PM

I think V&M could still easily win Canadian Nationals, but what would their chances be at Worlds? They barely beat D&W last year, and in fact lost to them in the TES. It sounds like V&M could win the silver, though.

Rock2
12-14-2010, 12:13 AM
I'd be happy with a medal at world's. They might not be able to catch up to the french and Americans in the next few months.

The big win would be if she can skate through next competitive season pain free. We can only hope this surgery madness is over

The Accordion
12-14-2010, 12:15 AM
The big win would be if she can skate through next competitive season pain free. We can only hope this surgery madness is over
:respec:

Japanfan
12-14-2010, 12:28 AM
I think V&M could still easily win Canadian Nationals, but what would their chances be at Worlds? They barely beat D&W last year, and in fact lost to them in the TES. It sounds like V&M could win the silver, though.

V&M have beat D&W narrowly often in the past two seasons, including their bronze in 2009, but the two teams know that they are in a league of their
own and enjoy pushing each other. V&M have indicated that they are not done yet and I would guess that continuing to evolve as skaters is more important to them than merely racking up more gold medals. Just to compete this season would be a victory for them - I'm sure they would prefer not to lose an entire season because it could have a negative impact on next season as well.

chmea
12-14-2010, 01:41 AM
I'd be happy with a medal at world's. They might not be able to catch up to the french and Americans in the next few months.

:rofl: D/W might have an edge but the french !!! I like the french team but come on !

They are the olympic champion, and I really doubt the judges are going to make them lose against the french "this year" since World isn't even in France. Let's be honest, even if V/M are at 70-75% of their usual form, they are still better than the rest, except D/W.

alilou
12-14-2010, 07:39 AM
Tessa Virtue back on the blades
http://www.torontosun.com/sports/othersports/2010/12/13/16538486.html

Bue
12-14-2010, 10:39 AM
:rofl: D/W might have an edge but the french !!! I like the french team but come on !

Um yeah, not to insult P/B who are an extremely enjoyable team, but I think Tessa and Scott coming back from an injury are probably well beyond the reach of the French at their very best. My prediction for V/M is a solid silver medal showing.

But that isn't really the point. The point is a good, healthy return to competition that sets them up for next season :)

judgejudy27
12-14-2010, 10:42 AM
If V/M were to compete at Worlds this year I imagine they would be at only about 75-80% like when they barely took bronze at the 2009 Worlds even in a field were nearly all the top teams were riddled by injuries (and the defending World winners and favorites that year didnt even skate). Given that I as well expect not only would they be nowhere near D/W but they would probably lose to P/B as well and finish around 3rd or 4th. Of course at 95-100% they would do fare better then that but I doubt that is what we would see. That is also why I highly doubt they will compete at Worlds knowing they wont be near their best. They will return next season when they are back at their best and feel able to challenge/beat D/W.

pani
12-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Girls, maybe Tessa and Scott dont want compete next season or maybe they want compete now and dont know, what they will doing next season - maybe will skate, maybe not.....
Maybe we need to respect there decision?