PDA

View Full Version : Will Sotnikova and Tuktymasheva have the same impact on the Sr. level as Mao/YuNa?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

pinky166
12-29-2010, 10:32 PM
Can Sotnikova compete in the Senior GP in 2011-2012? I know she can't compete until 2013 senior worlds, but maybe she could compete in senior GP series a year early like Mao Asada in 2005-2006? Don't know if ISU revoked that rule or not.

Yes and so can Liza if they decide that's what they want to do.

let`s talk
01-10-2011, 01:51 PM
pics collections of Liza, Polina.... and Adelina with Putin. ;)
www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/makentys/144501.html

caseyedwards
01-10-2011, 03:51 PM
http://www.universalsports.com/blogs/blog=gofigure/postid=508399.html

Russia regroups for Sochi with Sotnikova

Buzz
01-10-2011, 07:10 PM
I just want to know if there is something in the water over there in Russia because they seem to be coming up with a bunch of talented younsters in Figure Skating, Gymnastics, football and Ice Hockey. It is all quite nice to seem them back with so many young guns leading the charge.

pinky166
01-10-2011, 10:11 PM
I just want to know if there is something in the water over there in Russia because they seem to be coming up with a bunch of talented younsters in Figure Skating, Gymnastics, football and Ice Hockey. It is all quite nice to seem them back with so many young guns leading the charge.

I think the training atmosphere is probably just very intense in Russia. Further, most athletes are known to start training seriously at a very young age, and oftentimes coaches will take into account the way and child moves in addition to their energy level, body build (not only of the child but also the parents), focus, etc. I think that the fact that the government pays for the training of the top athletes also plays a big factor because it allows children to pursue expensive sports like figure skating even if he/she does not come from a wealthy family.

I've never lived in Russia but I have lived in China and the situation seemed similar there. I joined my sister's recreational gymnastics class halfway through the year when I was about 7 and after the first week, the coaches told me I had potential to be a very good gymnast, but first they wanted to meet with my parents to make sure they were not too tall or heavy and to see if they would be willing to let me join a developmental team that trained 4 times a week. At age 7, they said I was getting a late start and would have to work really hard if I wanted to catch up with the other girls who were aiming to be top gymnasts. The atmosphere was really intense, and this was a class with like 6 year olds....

Extranjera
01-11-2011, 06:14 AM
Liza's face reminds me of Johnny Weir :P She's very pretty though

Lexxandra
01-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Liza's face reminds me of Johnny Weir :P Ksenia Makarova agrees with you (http://www.formspring.me/KsushMakarova/q/2088018587) :)

let`s talk
01-11-2011, 12:31 PM

Russia is like Paris- doesn't exist to be understood. ;)

let`s talk
02-06-2011, 02:20 PM
An article about Adelina.
http://goldenskate.com/articles/2010/020611.shtml
Interesting that Adelina's favourite skaters are men- Joubert and Lambiel.

Vodorezova said that women's figure skating goes into a feminine direction. I hope she is right.