PDA

View Full Version : Will Sotnikova and Tuktymasheva have the same impact on the Sr. level as Mao/YuNa?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

euterpe
12-14-2010, 09:08 PM
I'd have to see these two ladies skate AFTER they go through growth and physical maturity. Many a skater has lost her best jumps after major body changes.

pinky166
12-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Elena Buyanova (Vodorezova) said about Adelina in her interview to sport express:

"I am very happy that Adelina likes competitions. She even enjoyed to skate the last, but we all know that skaters usually don't like it. I think it's because all these girls: Adelina, Liza, Polina, is another generation of figure skaters. It's very comfortable to work with them.

Adelina differs from all my previous pupils. When TAT attends our trainings, sometimes she tells me how I can scold Adelina if she does such difficult elements successfully. But the point is it's not a problem for Adelina to execute difficult elements. That's why I call all these girls generation next.

Sotnikova can perform very difficult elements like a combo with 3L. She has elegancy and charm and she skates beautifully. Some of her footworks are also very difficult. In SP she did it on one leg, almost all the ice. The problem is that such difficulty is not always rewarded in scores. The main thing is that both programs look very harmonic and I am happy for her as her coach.

Adelina lives very far from the skating rink. It takes her 2.5 hour one way, so she practically lives in CSKA. Daytime, if she doesn't have the time to go to relax at hotel, she sleeps on the coach in a sauna's changing room. She does a lot of ballet choreography. She is very ambitious and hard-working. That makes her different among the girls of her age. Her family support us a lot, don't interfere in the training process and trust completely me, TAT and Ira Tagaeva.

Wow, Adelina seems very motivated and hard working! It's nice her coach has so many nice things to say about her. I can't believe she travels that far to skate though :eek:! Doesn't she have to go to school?

kia_4EverOnIce
12-14-2010, 10:17 PM
I can't believe she travels that far to skate though :eek:! Doesn't she have to go to school?

I think she does home schooling, or...wasn't her mother a teacher? (or was Liza's? I don't remember...)

they seem all so great, but still they have to pass through the growth...

senorita
12-14-2010, 11:53 PM
Liza;s style doesnt look outdated. Her sp is fresh and different.
And she seems to sacrifice a lot as well, her mum is the one who is a teacher, from her interview (http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2010/082910.shtml):

"I'm now one to one-and-a-half weeks each month in St. Petersburg," Tuktamysheva explained. "It is a 27-hour trip by train from Glazov to St. Petersburg. It was hard in the beginning, but now I'm used to it and I'm relaxing on the train." The skater is attending private classes as she cannot combine her training schedule with regular school. "My mom is a teacher for algebra and geometrics, and she is my class teacher, and this is helping me a lot," the athlete smiled. "All teachers know that I'm traveling a lot, and if I'm not prepared, it's because I just came back and they give me a break."

bardtoob
12-15-2010, 06:38 AM
Who ... and who knows?

judgejudy27
12-15-2010, 06:43 AM
Slutskaya never brought her best jumps to the Olympics. If Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva brought their best jumps to an Olympics if they surivived growth spurts or even qualify for Sochi 2014 whose to say what can happen. I am also just going to repeat what others have said about the Sotnikova and Tuk dealing with PCS and Slutskaya's weakness there sometimes.

PCS under COP was not a weakness for Slutskaya. She usually got the highest PCS of anyone, except for the Turin Olympics.

Domshabfan
12-15-2010, 07:05 AM
Remember when they didn't include Sotnikova in their preview of the JGP in Austria? ;)
that was really bad... I think most people here could have written a better preview of the event than that Icenetwork had.

Autumn_girl
12-15-2010, 10:14 AM
More from Buianova's interviews:

"Adelina is a very responsible girl. In sport, in life, in school... And sometimes I want even more from her, but trying not to push her. Yes, she does triple axels in practices and I think one day we will try quad jumps, but it's too early to try it in competitions"

"It's different generation of figure skaters, sometimes I tell her to do something and think that I could never do it myself. But for her it's normal"

"Adelina came to me when she was 9 years old. I had a group of girls but then gave them to another coach and kept only Adelina. I saw in her something I can't explain, not only a jumping ability. She was very determined"

"When a skater trust you completely, it works. Like Irina Slutskaya trusted her coach. And that's why I'm not working with Ten anymore. One day Denis and his mom decided that they know more about skating than me. They didn't trust me and I couldn't work like this"

"I saw many skaters who were not less talented than Adelina, but their parents just didn't let their coaches to work. Sotnikova's parents never try to teach me how to work. They only take care of their daughter and she is always ready for practices"

"Yes, I worry about puberty, but I trust Adelina and her mother, who is very supportive"

theshrew
12-15-2010, 11:24 AM
So far, Sotnikova is the one to beat. She has a natural ease and elegance to her skating and is packaged very well. Tuktymasheva in contrast is extremely poorly packaged and her Plushenko-esque style is so outdated.

I agree that Adelina is the one to beat and is better, but not because Liza is the unfortunate recipient of Mishin style package. Liza simply needs much better extension and posture and Mishin is perfectly able to improve them.
Before you blame Mishin of all the evil things happening in figure skating, watch Plushenko at 13 years old: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRZoZWEzCYQ
Great posture, extension and speed.
If Liza manages to reach this level, she will be great, “Plushenko-esque outdated style” or not :P

Fashionista
12-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Adelina learns in a normal school which is just a cross road from her skating rink. It saves a lot of time for her.

Frau Muller
12-15-2010, 01:09 PM
The short answer to the question-title of this thread: YES!

With regard to the puberty monster, Adelina is the more naturally slender. Adelina is 'Mirai' to Liza's 'Caroline Zhang.' Hopefully Liza will channel her future 'body changes' into the examples of Irina Slutskaya or Joannie Rochette. More muscular dynamo than ballerina but very pleasant, nonetheless. It will be interesting to track the progress of the two young Russians.

Artifice
12-15-2010, 03:39 PM
I must say that for now I tend to prefer Liza's skating. I really like they way she uses her arms, she is very expressive and her technic is to die for. I also like her lines and her face, she is very pleasant to watch. I saw one program from Adelina and I didn't get the same impression that I had while watching Liza the first time.
A matter of taste probably, but I don't find Liza being too much "plusheske", at least it doesn't bother me. And it is from someone who has never appreciated Plushenko's style !

pinky166
12-15-2010, 10:07 PM
The short answer to the question-title of this thread: YES!

With regard to the puberty monster, Adelina is the more naturally slender. Adelina is 'Mirai' to Liza's 'Caroline Zhang.' Hopefully Liza will channel her future 'body changes' into the examples of Irina Slutskaya or Joannie Rochette. More muscular dynamo than ballerina but very pleasant, nonetheless. It will be interesting to track the progress of the two young Russians.

Adelina actually seems to have a sturdier build to me, broader shoulders and more muscular whereas Liza looks like a little wisp. Of course that could change in coming years but the broad shoulders do not seem to be bad in skating, as Mirai, Mao, and even Yuna to an extent have fairly broad shoulders. Liza just seems very petite overall so I would think she would probably stay this way, although Caroline Zhang was probably even smaller than her at that age and is now fairly tall and sturdy.

pinky166
12-15-2010, 10:08 PM
Adelina learns in a normal school which is just a cross road from her skating rink. It saves a lot of time for her.

I think that is the school Anna Ovcharova goes to as well, and also some other skaters from CSKA.

modern_muslimah
12-15-2010, 11:13 PM
I must say that for now I tend to prefer Liza's skating. I really like they way she uses her arms, she is very expressive and her technic is to die for. I also like her lines and her face, she is very pleasant to watch. I saw one program from Adelina and I didn't get the same impression that I had while watching Liza the first time.
A matter of taste probably, but I don't find Liza being too much "plusheske", at least it doesn't bother me. And it is from someone who has never appreciated Plushenko's style !

I feel the same way. I much prefer Liza's skating as opposed to Adelina's. Adelina never impressed me for some reason. I can't figure out why. I felt the same way when Mao first came on to the scene although I eventually grew to like her skating. Maybe the same will happen for me in regards to Adelina's skating.