PDA

View Full Version : Will Sotnikova and Tuktymasheva have the same impact on the Sr. level as Mao/YuNa?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

pinky166
12-14-2010, 06:01 AM
I wonder if that's a typo on her ISU bio; this (http://www.figureskatingonline.info/skaterbio.php?id=FSRUS21107199601) one says that her birthday is actually July 11.

Icenetwork says her birthday is January 1, 1996

I'm confused :confused:

Anyways, I think if she is born on July 1 she is to young, she would have to have been 14 BY July 1st and she turned 14 ON it (if that's her actual birthday).

oleada
12-14-2010, 06:14 AM
IceNetwork is definitely wrong. I think they saw the 01.06.1996 birthday and assumed it was January 1st, 1996, since that's what it would be in America, but in European countries - which is the format the ISU uses - it's June 1st.

IceNetwork is wrong more often than it's right, so don't rely on them for accurate info.

Domshabfan
12-14-2010, 06:20 AM
IceNetwork is definitely wrong. I think they saw the 01.06.1996 birthday and assumed it was January 1st, 1996, since that's what it would be in America, but in European countries - which is the format the ISU uses - it's June 1st.

IceNetwork is wrong more often than it's right, so don't rely on them for accurate info.

Shouldn't it be January 6th, if they were following American system. So Icenetwork, like its preview of JGP events is wrong on multiple levels.

oleada
12-14-2010, 06:32 AM
Shouldn't it be January 6th, if they were following American system. So Icenetwork, like its preview of JGP events is wrong on multiple levels.

Remember when they didn't include Sotnikova in their preview of the JGP in Austria? ;)

ciocio
12-14-2010, 08:35 AM
So far, Sotnikova is the one to beat. She has a natural ease and elegance to her skating and is packaged very well. Tuktymasheva in contrast is extremely poorly packaged and her Plushenko-esque style is so outdated.

:eek::eek::eek: I really believe that plushenkomania should appear in the psychiatry and psychology books. It will be a huge breakthrough for the psychic pathology. :rolleyes:

Autumn_girl
12-14-2010, 08:47 AM
Random Adelina question: I can't help noticing that her birthday is July 1, 1996. This would have made her 13 in time for the 2009-10 JGP, no? And hadn't she just won the Russian Nats on the senior level? Was there ever an explanation given as to why they waited a year to send her out?

Last year Russian FSF asked ISU to allow Adelina compete at the JGP, but ISU said no. The rules says skater must turned 13 before July,1. Adelina's coach said it in the interview after JGPF

Eris
12-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Elizaveta's surname is Tuktamysheva. Correct the title if you can, please.:)

Marco
12-14-2010, 09:49 AM
:eek::eek::eek: I really believe that plushenkomania should appear in the psychiatry and psychology books. It will be a huge breakthrough for the psychic pathology. :rolleyes:

Sure. :P

But the fault really lies with Mishin.

judgejudy27
12-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Ultimately I wouldnt bet on either winning the 2014 Olympic Gold. If even Irina Slutskaya, by far the greatest Russian female skater in history, couldnt do it, then I dont think the odds of either of these 2 youngsters as talented as they are is that great.

ciocio
12-14-2010, 10:59 AM
Sure. :P

But the fault really lies with Mishin.

Ive heard people complaining that Sotnikova is a mini Mao, so we already have a maomania vs a plushymania. :lol: Tarasova and Mishin should provide a cure!:P

let`s talk
12-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Liza's triple axel:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdkDLBmBFBU

let`s talk
12-14-2010, 05:32 PM
Elena Buyanova (Vodorezova) said about Adelina in her interview to sport express:

"I am very happy that Adelina likes competitions. She even enjoyed to skate the last, but we all know that skaters usually don't like it. I think it's because all these girls: Adelina, Liza, Polina, is another generation of figure skaters. It's very comfortable to work with them.

Adelina differs from all my previous pupils. When TAT attends our trainings, sometimes she tells me how I can scold Adelina if she does such difficult elements successfully. But the point is it's not a problem for Adelina to execute difficult elements. That's why I call all these girls generation next.

Sotnikova can perform very difficult elements like a combo with 3L. She has elegancy and charm and she skates beautifully. Some of her footworks are also very difficult. In SP she did it on one leg, almost all the ice. The problem is that such difficulty is not always rewarded in scores. The main thing is that both programs look very harmonic and I am happy for her as her coach.

Adelina lives very far from the skating rink. It takes her 2.5 hour one way, so she practically lives in CSKA. Daytime, if she doesn't have the time to go to relax at hotel, she sleeps on the coach in a sauna's changing room. She does a lot of ballet choreography. She is very ambitious and hard-working. That makes her different among the girls of her age. Her family support us a lot, don't interfere in the training process and trust completely me, TAT and Ira Tagaeva.

oleada
12-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Good to know that Adelina's family is so supportive and that she enjoys skating so much. Seems like her and Buianova have a strong coaching relationship.

caseyedwards
12-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Ultimately I wouldnt bet on either winning the 2014 Olympic Gold. If even Irina Slutskaya, by far the greatest Russian female skater in history, couldnt do it, then I dont think the odds of either of these 2 youngsters as talented as they are is that great.

Slutskaya never brought her best jumps to the Olympics. If Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva brought their best jumps to an Olympics if they surivived growth spurts or even qualify for Sochi 2014 whose to say what can happen. I am also just going to repeat what others have said about the Sotnikova and Tuk dealing with PCS and Slutskaya's weakness there sometimes.

Autumn_girl
12-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Buianova said that Adelina does 3A in practices but it's too early to put it in her programs