PDA

View Full Version : Which Skaters do you miss the most...and why?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

FSWer
12-12-2010, 01:29 AM
Say,I thought I'd post this since a lot of skaters that we grew up with (when we first became Skating Fans) don't even skate anymore. Or have disapeered from the Skating world completely.Which does sho a lot of Skaters that I'm sure us Fans miss (Retired or just not competing).So todays question is....Which Skaters do you miss the most...and why? If you choose "Other",please specify which Skater(s).I voted for the skaters I did. Mainly because those skaters really put me back in my mind to the begining of when I first became a Skating Fan when I think of them. LOL. Tara Lipinski,who I ment to add IS one. Anyone else?

BittyBug
12-12-2010, 01:52 AM
I'll admit it - I miss Sasha. :sasha1: No lady has ever captured my attention the way she did. I know she's still skating in SOI, but SOI is not really my thing.

I also miss Johnny Weir, but the pre-2006 Johnny. The Rondo Capriccioso and Swan Johnny. Like Sasha, he's obviously still skating, but I'm more of a fan of competitive skating than show skating. (The one exception I'd make for that is Stephane Lambiel. I think I enjoy his show programs even more than his competitive numbers.)

zizi31
12-12-2010, 03:27 AM
I'll admit it - I miss Sasha. :sasha1: No lady has ever captured my attention the way she did. I know she's still skating in SOI, but SOI is not really my thing.

I also miss Johnny Weir, but the pre-2006 Johnny. The Rondo Capriccioso and Swan Johnny. Like Sasha, he's obviously still skating, but I'm more of a fan of competitive skating than show skating. (The one exception I'd make for that is Stephane Lambiel. I think I enjoy his show programs even more than his competitive numbers.)

Yes, I too miss Sasha the most. She still skates in shows, but to me, she's not the same skater she used to be. She just seemed more magical when she was younger (I adore her Madame Butterfly ex from when she was 15).

aliona22
12-12-2010, 03:46 AM
:navkos1: and :ds1:

nubka
12-12-2010, 03:58 AM
I...miss...Plushy!!! :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed

ryanbfan
12-12-2010, 04:19 AM
Keauna and Rockne.
Sasha.

Ares
12-12-2010, 04:22 AM
Michelle Kwan

Jim McKay once said "the ice skating world will be a darker place without her shining above it," and he was right.

JamieSix
12-12-2010, 04:45 AM
Michelle Kwan definitely!

julieann
12-12-2010, 04:56 AM
I agree with Michelle.

pumba
12-12-2010, 06:20 AM
Definitely Other.
In pairs I miss Totmianina/Marinin. They could have easily stayed and be more than competitive by Vanacouver, considering the level of skating showed there.
In Ice Dance Krylova/Ovsiannikov. I became a skating fan watching their Carmen and Still Got the Blues. If not her injury, I see no problem with them winning the 2002 title.
Thought its probably too early but I miss Domnina/Shabalin. They've just started to grow on me, and that's a pity they left so early.

Funny that I can not a pick a single name on the poll list, because even G/G never touched me that much :), say nothing of the less decorated skaters.

Jaana
12-12-2010, 07:56 AM
Other: In past I missed John Curry and Robin Cousins very much, as in those days they were totally lost to me the day they left the amateur career. In my country we did not see anything of their pro skating on tv.

After those days so much has changed, now one can watch e.g. show or other material like interviews on youtube, so Im not missing skaters in the same way anymore. Besides, as some skaters leave the eligible skating, new interesting skaters are appearing all the time. Also I have learned to appreciate some not quite so new skaters, e.g. Chan and a few others. The life goes on, so to speak, LOL.

dinakt
12-12-2010, 08:16 AM
I miss Lambiel, quite a bit, and Delobel/Schoenfelder, among the recent ones.
As for the ones who retired a while ago, there are too many. I still miss Gordeeva/ Grinkov and Berezhnaya/ Sikharulidze, though Pairs are not boring these days; Yagudin, Savoie... too many to name. Hell, I miss Usova/ Zhulin:lol:

Maximillian
12-12-2010, 09:20 AM
Sasha most of all, but also the Kween-Nationals isn't Nationals without these two. Also Nikidinov.

JerseySlore
12-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Nicole Bobek :wuzrobbed

eyh201
12-12-2010, 11:35 AM
I love Kwan and G&G, but during this GP season I really want to see Kim and V&M skate. :wuzrobbed