PDA

View Full Version : Please vote for me for the Youtube Symphony Dec. 10-17!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

GoldenLady
12-17-2010, 03:28 AM
Same here!! Never heard of buying a stringed instrument online. . . I must be old!!! I remember many trips to the various luthiers in town and trying out many instruments before narrowing it down and having my teacher help to make the final decision.

Yes, exactly! Glad to see I'm not the only "old" one here. :o ;)

Good luck, Kwantumleap! I hope you make it. That symphony orchestra sounds like serious fun. :rollin:

galaxygirl
12-17-2010, 05:08 AM
I'm a little late, but I voted!

Kwantumleap
12-17-2010, 05:34 AM
Thanks to all of you! You have been amazing!

Today (Friday) is the last day to vote for me for the youtube symphony.

To vote: http://goo.gl/CfTWH

I find out the final results by the second week of January. I will let you all know as soon as I know. Thanks!

BittyBug
12-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Got my last in vote in. Good luck!

AYS
12-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Beautiful! Cast my vote... :cool:

taf2002
12-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Good luck Bryan. I hope everyone will vote today.

Rob
12-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Got mine in too!

skatesindreams
12-17-2010, 04:42 PM
I cast my final vote for you.
I hope that you are selected.

GoldenLady
12-18-2010, 01:17 AM
I got my last vote in, too. Good luck!

Kwantumleap
12-18-2010, 05:50 AM
The Youtube Symphony voting period is now over. I want to thank ALL of you that took the time to vote for and support my efforts :respec: The final results will be revealed by Jan. 11. Just so you know, the final results are determined by the conductor (Michael Tilson Thomas) that will take into account all the votes in addition to the quality of the auditions. This is not purely a popularity contest :) Thanks again!

Angelskates
01-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Any news?

iloveemoticons
01-11-2011, 12:01 AM
Omg, I was just wondering about this the other day! Good luck!

Kwantumleap
01-11-2011, 12:04 AM
The youtube symphony orchestra results should be posted for the public to view tomorrow on their website. http://www.youtube.com/symphony

I'm 99.9% sure I was not chosen to perform in the orchestra. I was not contacted about winning a position in the youtube symphony. The way the notification worked was winners were emailed ("on or about January 6") and the others were left in the dark for about 5 days until all paperwork was collected from the winners. The results are to be made public tomorrow "on or about Jan.11". I've learned a lot more about all of this the past few days and just received a reply email from a nice fellow violist that I believe was chosen for the orchestra. He told me that the winners were notified many days ago and if I hadn't heard back from them yet, I wasn't chosen. I emailed the youtube symphony the other day, but there was no response. I spent yesterday and part of this morning getting past a lot of the disappointment. I think I'm more disappointed with how this particular experience is ending because I had to rely on hearsay for several days to have any clue of what was going on. At least I was a finalist, though. Things could be a lot worse. There are awful things going on in the world right now, being recognized as a finalist is something positive to be happy and rejoice about.

Regardless of all the behind the scenes drama the past few days, I appreciate all the support that friends showed me by voting for my video time and time again as well as cheering me on. The community here at FSU was especially supportive. Thank you! It means a lot to me. I'm blessed to have so much positive energy on my side and I look forward to being a better friend in return. This audition was a stepping stone for me. I've learned so much from the experience and have a much clearer picture of my goals for my playing for the future. I gave it a really good effort and it was out of my hands after that. That's more important to my future auditions than whether I made it or not. You can't always win. It would have been fun to have performed in Australia, but I'm sure I will have other opportunities down the road. I want everyone that voted for me to know that the final decision about orchestra personnel came down from the conductor. The votes informed his decision, but he (Michael Tilson Thomas) was the one that made the final decision. If you want to view the official rules of the competition, check out page 9 http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnx5dHNvMjAxMXRhbmRjc3xneDo2 MGQwMDRjMThjNGMxZDY1&pli=1I look forward to seeing the results tomorrow.

iloveemoticons
01-11-2011, 12:19 AM
Congratulations on a great competition no matter what ends up happening :cheer2: Being a finalist is a huge accomplishment in itself, and thanks for sharing your playing with us!

barbk
01-11-2011, 03:07 AM
Kwantumleap -- I'm sorry you weren't selected, but thank you for sharing your audition with us -- you're really good, and it was a pleasure to see. (I played the viola very, very badly for a couple of years, but it left me able to really appreciate those that play it well.)