PDA

View Full Version : Evan as A Women's Fashion Designer?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Zokko!
12-09-2010, 01:33 PM
This dress looks like a 1980's prom dress! About three decades out of style! :P

... just like his "skating" efforts ... :yikes: :scream:

aliceanne
12-10-2010, 01:49 AM
This dress looks like a 1980's prom dress! About three decades out of style! :P

They dressed like that in the 80's? Wow. The whole thing including the hair looks early 60's to me. My sibs were teens then. I was a 70's teen- we didn't do proms :)

Rock2
12-10-2010, 02:05 AM
does "women" modify "fashion" or "designer"??? :slinkaway

Jaana
12-10-2010, 07:41 AM
I don't think the dress is horrible for what it is - an advertising gig for charity. If Evan actually did design the dress himself, good for him. At least he can say he's produced an actual garment, instead of just talking about it.

Could not agree more... One should remember that it was just a charity event and not compare the dress with designs that are being sold in shops, etc. today, LOL.

iarispiralllyof
12-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Vera Wang kinda scares me. She's looking a tad like a crone these days. She's also very up Evan's butt. He needs some friends his own age. JMO Her too.

Oh come on. That's ridiculous imo. They're adults.

besides public appearances hardly equal =24/7 in daily life. It's not like either of these two are Kim Kardashian or sth constantly in the news. And this is at a charity fashion-related event.

Mafke
12-10-2010, 06:40 PM
The dress seems carefully designed to make the hips of any woman wearing it look as wide as possible. So Evan's a butt man, Who knew?

In other news, Vera Wang looks seriously awful there and badly needs some hints in age appropriate attire.

all_empty
12-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Somehow I just cannot imagine Evan sitting at a sewing machine saying, "Duchess satin is a bitch to work with."

I could imagine him saying it too, although I'm sure it would be in his usual monotone voice lol.

REO
12-11-2010, 05:38 AM
Oh come on. That's ridiculous imo. They're adults.

besides public appearances hardly equal =24/7 in daily life. It's not like either of these two are Kim Kardashian or sth constantly in the news. And this is at a charity fashion-related event.

Don't get 'em all wadded up. You see them together alot publicly and have for a couple years now. I certainly didn't mean there was anything going on between them :scream: but she was there for alot of his DWTS appearances and they are always together at charity events and other public appearances. It's just that that she's an old married broad of 61 years and he's a young guy. They're an odd couple.

essence_of_soy
12-11-2010, 06:36 AM
Don't get 'em all wadded up. You see them together alot publicly and have for a couple years now. I certainly didn't mean there was anything going on between them :scream: but she was there for alot of his DWTS appearances and they are always together at charity events and other public appearances. It's just that that she's an old married broad of 61 years and he's a young guy. They're an odd couple.

You make it sound like a press junket for the remake of Harold and Maude instead of a charity fashion event. :lol:

DreamSkates
12-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Lysacek and Weir should totally take their rivalry to Project Runway. :P

Well, maybe not Evan. The skirt portion of the dress had way too much material. That's all I'd better say on this one. One wonders why Evan was chosen for this task?

Jaana
12-11-2010, 05:09 PM
One wonders why Evan was chosen for this task?

IŽd suppose for the same reason he was chosen for DWTS: He is the current Olympic champion... Or sorry, just remembered, he was already earlier chosen for DWTS = as the current World champion.

REO
12-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Well, maybe not Evan. The skirt portion of the dress had way too much material. That's all I'd better say on this one. One wonders why Evan was chosen for this task?

Because of his connection with Vera. She probably had a heavy hand in the design too. She may have even gotten him the gig. It's not like it's common knowlege that he wants to be a clothing designer no matter what his other credentials are. Donny Osmond actually won DWTS and is way more famous than Evan and nobody asked him to design a dress. lol

Jaana
12-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Because of his connection with Vera. She probably had a heavy hand in the design too. She may have even gotten him the gig. It's not like it's common knowlege that he wants to be a clothing designer no matter what his other credentials are. Donny Osmond actually won DWTS and is way more famous than Evan and nobody asked him to design a dress. lol

I have understood that Wang is a family friend, actually something like an aunt to Evan? Those people are lucky who have family connections and behave in the way that they can also get new important connections. Evan himself has made all this possible by his Olympic gold medalist title and he also was the reigning World champion as he won the OG...

REO
12-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Really! I'm not his fan so I did not know there was a family connection. That explains alot. Thanks Jaana.

newbatgirl
12-13-2010, 03:08 AM
Let's not forget that ever since Evan won his first Nationals, he's had an agency working for him who eats their Wheaties every morning. They work hard to get Evan constant exposure.