PDA

View Full Version : Wii?? Video game newbie

triple_toe
12-07-2010, 07:03 AM
I figured I would call upon the wisdom of FSU for this topic, as I am fairly clueless about these types of things. I keep seeing advertisements on TV for games such as Just Dance 2 for Wii and they look like such fun. I'm seriously thinking about buying a Wii console, but they are quite expensive, so I want to make sure it will be worth the money.

Do any of you have any experiences with the Wii or anything else like it, such the PS2? What are the differences between them? I've never had any interest in video games before so I have no clue about installing the actual consoles; is that terribly complicated? Do I need to buy lots of accessories for the system? Are there any games you would recommend if I do actually end up buying one?

Any tips or advice would be much appreciated. :)

Hedwig
12-07-2010, 07:35 AM
I love the Wii and one of the things I loved was how easily you can install it. There is a good explanation and everything works as they say (which is not usual in my experience :lol:)

Wii is quite addictive. I espically love Wii Sports which is already sold with the console itself so you don't need an extra DVD.

The only other video game I ever played was Singstar on a PS2. I love that too but I think you can buy a Karaoke game for the Wii as well so my advice would be to go for the Wii!

Here in Germany you can also borrow DVDs for the Wii in a videostore - that should be feasible for you as well? Then you can try out each new game before deciding if you wanna buy it.

rjblue
12-07-2010, 04:23 PM
I've got to go back to work from lunch, and I'll add more later, but you should really check out the game reviews for the new Xbox Kinect. I think it goes the next step up from the Wii- no controller at all, and looks to have some really good games being developed for it.

BigB08822
12-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Someone started a Wii thread not very long ago and there are plenty of posts in that thread which may be of help to you. Do a search for it and make sure to read through it when you get a chance.

Stormy
12-07-2010, 08:55 PM
The Wii is very easy to connect, I'm in no teknik when it comes to electronics and I can do it. The Wii is a LOT of fun. There are so many different games and types of games available. I don't like shooting games much so I play a lot of Animal Crossing: City FolK, Mario Kart (extremely addicting), Super Mario Brothers, Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort.

One thing I don't like about the Wii is that many games require the nunchuck controller to be hooked into the Wiimote to play them, for instance, the Lego Harry Potter/Batman/Star Wars games. I have a hard time controlling the nunchuck and the Wiimote together so I avoid the games that use both. But that's just me!

triple_toe
12-07-2010, 09:29 PM
Someone started a Wii thread not very long ago and there are plenty of posts in that thread which may be of help to you. Do a search for it and make sure to read through it when you get a chance.

Oops! Crap, sorry guys. I usually check FSU everyday, but I was away when that thread was made. Because I didn't remember seeing it, and I clearly assumed that FSU ceases to exist without moi :drama: I stupidly forgot to look through the previous pages for a similar thread. Le sigh! :violin:

BigB08822
12-08-2010, 01:23 AM
That's ok! I wasn't meaning you can't make your own thread, I just think that there is probably info in the other thread you can use in addition to anything you get in here. :)