PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Blades Season 2 Part 3

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dave of the North
12-06-2010, 12:24 AM
After the Ice Melts

Tonight they are talking with the 16 competitors and showing some backstage stuff, new stuff mostly.

Fallcolor
12-06-2010, 12:28 AM
Yay...i'll tape it tonight :)
Can't wait to watch it!

victorskid
12-06-2010, 12:51 AM
It's well worth watching.

Parsley Sage
12-06-2010, 01:07 AM
very good. I wonder when it was filmed.

victorskid
12-06-2010, 01:13 AM
It was obviously done after they knew the final result. In a comment from Sandra (about a "girls" practice with Kurt), I got the impression it was taped on the day after the final show.

That would have been the same day that Katia & Val appeared on George S's show.

tapper88
12-06-2010, 02:37 AM
Can anyone tell us what the special was about? any cute moments?
Wasn't able to watch it on tv.

kimkom
12-06-2010, 04:24 AM
Wow, I didn't expect to bawl my eyes out watching this! :wuzrobbed:

I laughed an awful lot too though. :)

shopper
12-06-2010, 04:27 AM
they were very very emotional.

victoriajh
12-06-2010, 05:36 AM
yeah al those tough hacky guys with tears in theri eyes - demonstrated how emotuonal the show was for all of them= a nice touch- - i was kinda hoping for some skating tho!!!

victorskid
12-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Can anyone tell us what the special was about? any cute moments?
Wasn't able to watch it on tv.

The video is now up at http://www.cbc.ca/battle/2010/12/episode-217---after-the-ice-melts.html

BBI*CEO
12-06-2010, 05:33 PM
The show was taped on Tuesday, the day after the announcement show, which was a Monday. Everyone partied like heck the night before at the wrap party! Hoping clips will show up on youtube for those of us outside of Canada - thank you in advance!

Skate Talker
12-06-2010, 07:49 PM
When PJ told his story about Violetta's pants I was thinking to myself "Could her pants really get any tighter?"

I confess that I too got teary at the emotional bits.

Always leave them wanting more - and I did - Christine barely said a word, Val didn't get a wrap up comment when all the others did at the end, etc, etc, etc. Of course I would not have wanted to sacrifice a second of what they did show either. I had expected them to go more into the physical toll - the injuries, the strains of being away from family, but I'm glad they didn't as that was covered a great deal during the competition already - good choice. Oh and good job Ron and Kurt as facilitators - didn't talk anymore than necessary to keep things moving along and on topic.

Interesting how it was pointed out that the guys all were getting "addicted" to the adrenaline high of performing for the audience. I don't think we saw that quite as much last year. The early emphasis on choreo and the presentation (ballet-not) lessons were obviously a good idea.

Andora
12-06-2010, 08:18 PM
The show just reminded me how much I'm going to miss BOTB until next year. :wuzrobbed:

Val was :lol: in general. And PJ, "remember there was that show and they broke the trophy?" :rofl:

AragornElessar
12-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Out of all the things that were shared, I wish I could have gotten a look at JR's face when he opened up the door from the low lighted side of the bathroom to see Georges' looming over him in full Devil hair do in the full light outside of the bathroom...ROTFLOL!!!

That and PJ telling Russ, "I'm NOT putting my hand down there!!" when the buttons keeping his shirt buttoned to the underside of Russ' pants came undone and Russ was asking for help. :D

rvi5
12-06-2010, 11:45 PM
When Anabelle was talking about Georges not being able to keep a straight face and laughing during "bring back sexy" week, she said they had to retake the beginning of the number 30 times that day. In the clip shown, there was also three unidentified people substituting for the judges. Where retakes used like at CSOI in Hamilton?

P.S. CSOI is being televised tomorrow on CBC at 9:00pm.