PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Blades Season 2 Part 3

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Willowway
12-08-2010, 02:36 AM
All of these contracts are negotiated fully by the skater's agent before they start the project. There are no surprises and if the skater is not offered what he or she considers fair compensation, the skater is free to skip the project. Those days of cash in envelopes are long gone. It is all through agents. Depends on the tour and the skater (headliner, non-headliner) but skaters can make a considerable amount on an extended tour - like everything else, it's the marketplace, how valuable you are to the producer and how much you will be working. I think some folks think that the skater himself or herself negotiates these things - not so, the agent or manager does as it is their job to know what is a competitive fee, what their skater is "worth" in the marketplace and the additions to fees the skater needs (tickets for travel to and from home during the project, first class hotel room, level of per diem, etc.). Then the agent bargains for the most; the producer bargains for less and hopefully they arrive at numbers that everyone can agree on.

Twilight1
12-08-2010, 02:44 AM
It would really surprise me to hear that they were not paid some kind of stipend to be on the show. I can't imagine they all got paid the same amount though. To me if I put in 3 months of work and someone else only put in 2, I would be bothered they got paid the same amount to sit on their butt while I was working my butt off.

Willowway
12-08-2010, 02:50 AM
Of course. I'm sure each skater had a 'scale' in their contract - you get X as a base, you get Y if you get beyond cut 1, you get Z if you get beyond cut 2 and so on. And Gordeeva's scale and Langlois' scale were probably different because one can certainly demand, based on history, more than the other. Like any other professional business, you're paid what the power people (producers in this case) think you're worth to them.

This is business; agents pay attention to things like that. It's what they get th 15% for.

rvi5
12-08-2010, 03:57 PM
I don't think the skaters knew at the onset about the "Second Chance Sunday". Although I can believe it would be possible for them to pretend they didn't know when asked, I doubt PJ would fabricate (in detail) the entire Violetta poker face story (which he would have had to do if they already knew). Hence there had to be surprises, since according to PJ, Violetta was covering her face and giggling at the news they were not yet eliminated.

Obviously they suspected they would be asked to do something extra they had not anticipated, otherwise why would PJ tell Violetta to maintain a poker face and walk away from the table. Although the skater's agents may discuss the money details, he knew they should not reveal their desire to remain on the show (which would handicap their agent's efforts). Depending how their original contract was written, they may also have been obligated to continue because they were not "officially" eliminated. A possibility, since it would be too risky to have some skaters drop-out, or attempt to re-negotiate the terms (something PJ obviously thought may be required).

Skate Talker
12-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Ah - good old FSU - analyzing everything down to the last drop.

tapper88
12-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Anabelle and Cody are engaged! (Anabelle posted this on her facebook page)

Congratulations to the two!

alilou
02-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Look what Georges Laraque is doing!

Figure Skating Show
http://www.georgeslaraque.com/default.asp?id=190&pagesize=1&sfield=content.id&search=856&mn=1.39.57

Wish there was more info about it.

I <3 Georges.

tapper88
02-16-2011, 09:39 PM
Valeri Bure just tweeted that there will be a Season 3!

BOTB-3 is on !!!!!! I'm super exited that the show will be back for season 3 Congrats to all of you who work on it and all of you guys who

So excited- I've really missed watching this show!:)

flowerpower
02-16-2011, 09:43 PM
Look what Georges Laraque is doing!

Figure Skating Show
http://www.georgeslaraque.com/default.asp?id=190&pagesize=1&sfield=content.id&search=856&mn=1.39.57

Wish there was more info about it.

I <3 Georges.

Thanks for posting!

The ad says, "We are proud to welcome, from the show "Battle of the Blades", Georges Laraque, accompanied by Anne-Marie Giroux!" Anne-Marie was Eric Radford's last partner, so I guess they'll be giving some kind of pairs performance. Brave girl! It'll be fun to see what they do.

Good for Georges! He really seemed to love the whole experience of figure skating.

kimkom
02-17-2011, 12:09 AM
my goal is simply to break the stereotype that figure skating is not for guys, I want to inspire guys from all age to join this beautiful sport, which I call an extreme sport!

Huge :respec: to Georges for this!

halffull
02-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Huge :respec: to Georges for this!

That's for sure!