skatemuse
12-05-2010, 05:32 PM
http://savefigureskating.blogspot.com/

Jenna
12-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Do we really need another thread hashing out this topic? :wall:

ltnskater
12-05-2010, 06:08 PM
LMAO absolutely not....I read up to the third paragraph, and realized how the author couldn't even keep her facts straight just to try and accentuate their bias...

"In the short program at Skate Canada, Chan fell three times twice on his jumps and once on his footwork. A similar disaster landed Nobunari Oda in 28th place at Worlds last year."

As we all know...Oda popped all 3 jumps in the short last year, and you get virtually ZERO points for that, Although Chan fell three times, he got the deductions he was supposed to get but he still got points for rotating jumps. In absolutely NO WAY was that similar...

Let us not forget one last thing....the author is comparing WORLDS to Skate Canada? LMAO the fact that she used that comparison between Oda & Chan, between worlds and skate canada to provide support for her point shows that there is nothing but bogus in her argument LOLLLL...

What it does make her sound like is a 10 year old whining why didn't her favorite American skater make the GPF. Ok...another pet peeve of mine is how this point is used again and again...

"Worst of all, the complexity of the scoring makes it virtually incomprehensible to the audience, which in turn makes cheating by the judges easier than ever before."

Complexity of the scoring is MUCH SIMPLER than it was before, in fact.. it is the 6.0 system that was really "incomprehensible" to the audience if you think about it. You do stuff, you get points, you do harder stuff, you get more points...you make mistakes... you get less points for the stuff you did..that is that, use a calculator to add that all up, you have your grand total. There may have been a learning curve for everyone involved in the sport when it first came out, but it has been a good 7 seasons and I think the audience is not quite as dumb as these bloggers make them sound, they are not quite as clueless as they seem, they know that when a skater does well, they will get more points... if there seems to be a discrepancy..now you can go look at the protocols to see the exact breakdown of what the skaters did to get the points!

Back in 6.0... you see skaters performing very well and getting 5.1s and 4.8s...huh? why? doesn't make sense... o well..not to mention, the marks didn't count as it was only the rankings that did.

dundas
12-05-2010, 06:15 PM
There may have been a learning curve for everyone involved in the sport when it first came out, but it has been a good 7 seasons and I think the audience is not quite as dumb as these bloggers make them sound, .

It's been 7 years and we're still 'learning'. Yeah, audience is still quite 'dumb' NOT to appreciate that Chan's scores are well deserved with 4 falls per competition under CoP.

People are dying but Chan apologists keep on spinning...:lol:

Indra486
12-05-2010, 07:15 PM
It's been 7 years and we're still 'learning'. Yeah, audience is still quite 'dumb' NOT to appreciate that Chan's scores are well deserved with 4 falls per competition under CoP.

People are dying but Chan apologists keep on spinning...:lol:

Who is dying? :confused:

Really
12-05-2010, 07:28 PM
dundas

centerpt1
12-05-2010, 07:39 PM
American men kept themselves out of the final. No other way to look at it.

Nomad
12-05-2010, 07:44 PM
Back in 6.0... you see skaters performing very well and getting 5.1s and 4.8s...huh? why? doesn't make sense... o well..not to mention, the marks didn't count as it was only the rankings that did.

This. The main reason why I hated 6.0 and see no reason to reinstate it.

LilJen
12-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Who's Brian Mroz?? :lol:

Carolla5501
12-05-2010, 08:05 PM
I think it's "punishment" American TV is broadcasting "Skating with the Stars" Penance must be paid for anything that bad.

(Hey it makes as much sense as some of the other whining :) )

kwanfan1818
12-05-2010, 08:35 PM
It's all Michelle Kwan's fault :drama:

Indra486
12-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Everyone knew what a 5.8 or 5.9 for artistic meant in the old system, and no one would have tolerated a 6.0 for a seriously flawed performance.

I sure didn't know what any of those numbers mean.

But who knows or cares about what a score of 81.30 means?

Protocols are there for a reason. At it's simplest and most idealistic, everything is outlined. We may not be able to read the judges' minds but we know what the numbers mean in reference to the element that is done. There's a rubric that most of us can follow along to understand. It's not perfect but there is meaning to an 81.30.

This blogger conveniently didn't bring up anything about the American men and their scores but brought up the Japanese men. It's a tad scary that her whole blog reads like a PSA about the evils of the CoP. :slinkaway

Copper
12-05-2010, 08:48 PM
http://savefigureskating.blogspot.com/

I consider this "cyberbullying".

bbkenn
12-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Aren't we having too many Chan bashing threads on FSU now? I'm sooo tired of this.

museksk8r
12-05-2010, 09:15 PM
FREE ABBOTT! :mitchell: