PDA

View Full Version : US Lady with big jumps

Pages : [1] 2 3

icellist
12-04-2010, 09:07 PM
I just finished watching a lot of the upcoming junior ladies in the US and saw that their jumps werent all that big

so if we also add the seniors who has big jumps?

NOTICE: and so we dont have any really useless posting can we NOT talk about Rachael Flatt and Christina Gao (ehem: pinky)

Sylvia
12-04-2010, 09:13 PM
What's your definition of "big"? Height, distance and/or a combination of both? What about consistency in competition? For example, Agnes Zawadzki probably has the best quality 3Lutz among the current US ladies when it comes to height and distance covered, but she didn't seem to have as good a consistency on this jump in her two Grand Prix events as she usually does.

P.S. You can't really tell people how or what to post/not post on FSU. ;)

icellist
12-04-2010, 09:20 PM
How about any of the qualities you stated
height, distance, both, and not close to UR

hmm i forgot about zawadzki and tom's other students
o i just remember, nagasu has the best 2axel in my opinion compared to most of the international skaters

maybe if i say it twice they might see it
NOT Rachael Flatt and Christina Gao (ehem pinky)

ks777
12-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Agnes Zawadzki is the only one I can think of.

chipso1
12-04-2010, 09:31 PM
What U.S. juniors did you watch? For example, I think Courtney Hicks (SWP and Pacific Coast Jr. champion) has some gorgeous, big jumps.

And like Sylvia mentioned, Zawadzki is probably the most naturally gifted jumper in the U.S., but her FS consistency just hasn't been there this season. The height, "hang time" and flow she gets on her jumps (notably the 3Lz) is world-class.

Like it or not, Gao probably has the best 3F of all current U.S. ladies, and Flatt's looks much, much improved this season as well. :P

Loves_Shizuka
12-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Bring back Tonya Harding.

just wondering
12-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Seconding Chipso1. Hicks is an impressive jumper & has been all the way up the levels. Having Nicks as a coach, now, will enhance her presence & finish so that she can transition effectively to the next nation and international levels.

Allen
12-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Bring back Tonya Harding.

Right? I mean, she was horrible artistically, but those jumps :swoon:

Seconding Chipso1. Hicks is an impressive jumper & has been all the way up the levels. Having Nicks as a coach, now, will enhance her presence & finish so that she can transition effectively to the next nation and international levels.

I like Hicks a lot. Pacific Sections was a stacked junior field and she came out on top. I was disappointed that Wang and Keiser didn't qualify for nationals because I was hoping to see them.

MikiAndoFan#1
12-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Tonya Harding.

bardtoob
12-04-2010, 11:10 PM
You act like this skater would somehow be competitive today, and somebody would want to watch her . . . At the time of the this clip, none of the "right" people thought so . . .

1987 NHK Tonya Harding SP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC3xshNNvRQ)

:rolleyes: Its not like this program is a clinic on the IJS or anything . . . Oh, wait :COP:

DORISPULASKI
12-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Well, I was never one of the right people.

I liked watching Tonya back then in 1987/1988.

However, back then, figures were required.

Loved that final spin :)

flyingsit
12-04-2010, 11:22 PM
If she only had a full set of jumps... Amanda Dobbs has an amazing triple toe and triple salchow. The toe in particular covers a huge amount of distance, it's reminiscent of Nicole Bobek's triple toe.

pinky166
12-04-2010, 11:25 PM
Zawadzki for sure. Gao has big toe pick jumps but the rest aren't that big. Amanda Dobbs has a huge 3t, can't say much about the rest of her triples because they don't seem that consistent yet. Ashley's jumps are pretty big but the 2footing often disguises it. Felicia Zhang has a killer 3lz when she lands it.

miki88
12-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Tonya Harding had a certain charisma, not in the conventional sense, but I always enjoyed watching her more than Kerrigan. She was capable of artistic growth but too bad her head wasn't in the right place in later years.

bardtoob
12-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Well, I was never one of the right people.

I liked watching Tonya back then in 1987/1988.

However, back then, figures were required.

Loved that final spin :)

Tonya never got a pair of "magic skates" from Carlo Fassi, like Trenary, so she had to wait until Trenary was not competitive anymore.