PDA

View Full Version : US Lady with big jumps

Pages : 1 2 [3]

bardtoob
12-06-2010, 10:57 AM
What is the "magic skates" story? I've never heard it, but I wasn't following closely then.

Once one of his skaters had established himself/herself as one to watch in the freeskating, something would come out in the media to the effect that he made or gave that skater some new skates specifically for doing figures better, then all of a sudden that skater would start scoring better in the compulsory figures portion of the competition.

judgejudy27
12-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Trenary couldnt even land a double axel consistently anymore after her injury. I think without her injury she would have been strong enough to stay ahead of someone like Kerrigan for example. Remember she had a huge reputation in the sport at the time, the judges always gave her very high 2nd marks, and someone like Kerrigan only did 4 triples a program on a good day anyway. Likely had everything followed course recent World Champion and veteran star Trenary would have needed only 3 triples per competition to safely keep beating relative "nobody" Kerrigan and her 4 triples per event, and Kerrigan medaled in ALL the major events of 91-92.

SmallFairy
12-06-2010, 05:47 PM
I miss Nicole Bobek.....

pinky166
12-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Who needs Harding or Bobek back when Gao is going to dominate the international skating scene by 2012-2013 :)

hoptoad
12-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Once one of his skaters had established himself/herself as one to watch in the freeskating, something would come out in the media to the effect that he made or gave that skater some new skates specifically for doing figures better, then all of a sudden that skater would start scoring better in the compulsory figures portion of the competition.

Thanks! :lol: