PDA

View Full Version : US Lady with big jumps

Pages : 1 [2] 3

pinky166
12-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Katerina Kulgeyko has big jumps. Her 3lz-3t is awesome :respec:

PUNKPRINCESS
12-05-2010, 12:16 AM
icellist, if you want big jumps, consider watching the Men's competition. ;)

I'm not being catty, just realistic. There aren't too many international girls who can do big jumps, either. But why do big jumps specifically concern you? I'm more interesting in seeing well-rounded consistency... :D

Jarrett
12-05-2010, 12:50 AM
icellist, if you want big jumps, consider watching the Men's competition. ;)

I'm not being catty, just realistic. There aren't too many international girls who can do big jumps, either. But why do big jumps specifically concern you? I'm more interesting in seeing well-rounded consistency... :D
Too bad, none of our skaters are that either this season. :D I guess, Rachel but she is still not winning.

gingercrush
12-05-2010, 04:25 AM
Was Tonya actually hurt by the removal of figures? She was certainly better than Yamaguchi, Kerrigan or Ito at them. Though I guess Trenary might have continued her career had figures continued to be included.

And figures and the habit of having to do figures might have helped her focus on skating and not be so distracted by other things going on.

victoriaheidi
12-05-2010, 06:04 AM
Too bad, none of our skaters are that either this season. :D I guess, Rachel but she is still not winning.

I think that Rachael would have won SA had she been without injury.

judgejudy27
12-05-2010, 07:33 AM
Was Tonya actually hurt by the removal of figures? She was certainly better than Yamaguchi, Kerrigan or Ito at them. Though I guess Trenary might have continued her career had figures continued to be included.

I always thought the only reason Trenary retired was she was forced to by injury. I dont think she was as uncompetitive without figures as some think. The first event she was in without figures was the Goodwill Games which with Ito missing was hyped as an a 3-way all American battle for gold between Trenary, Kerrigan, and Yamaguchi. She easily beat Kerrigan and very narrowly missed beating Yamaguchi by .1 despite a subpar peformance with several mistakes. If she had stayed healthy I think she would have remained on the U.S World and Olympic teams and a threat to medal at all major events, though probably not winning gold again.

briancoogaert
12-05-2010, 01:36 PM
I always thought the only reason Trenary retired was she was forced to by injury. I dont think she was as uncompetitive without figures as some think.
IIRC, she came back in 1991 (Skate Canada ?) and realized that it would be too difficult against Tonya, Nancy and Kristi without a 3Lutz, nor a 3Loop. Didn't she finish in 4th at 1991 Skate Canada ?

DORISPULASKI
12-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Probably. And although she got a lot of mileage out of credit for her 3F, as often as not, she either fell on it, or deliberately did a 3T instead.

Nomad
12-05-2010, 04:59 PM
IIRC, she came back in 1991 (Skate Canada ?) and realized that it would be too difficult against Tonya, Nancy and Kristi without a 3Lutz, nor a 3Loop. Didn't she finish in 4th at 1991 Skate Canada ?

Yes, behind Bonaly, Kielmann, and Preston.

bardtoob
12-05-2010, 06:01 PM
^That must have bit, having been World Champion in the spring, then finishing behind Bonaly in fall.

DORISPULASKI
12-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Heck with Bonaly. Behind Kielmann and Preston?? Oh the Shame :blah::blah:

museksk8r
12-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Bring back Harding and Bobek! :mitchell:

bardtoob
12-06-2010, 05:57 AM
I watched some Agnes Zawadzki, and I have to say that she is very impressive and right on time to compete with Rachel and Mirai . . . YES!!!

hoptoad
12-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Tonya never got a pair of "magic skates" from Carlo Fassi, like Trenary, so she had to wait until Trenary was not competitive anymore.
What is the "magic skates" story? I've never heard it, but I wasn't following closely then.

skateboy
12-06-2010, 09:46 AM
Heck with Bonaly. Behind Kielmann and Preston?? Oh the Shame :blah::blah:

IIRC, Trenary was 1st in the SP, then fell on just about everything in the long and dropped to fourth.