PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite holiday cartoon specials?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

SharonDudd
12-04-2010, 05:58 PM
I am a child of the mid-50's and during the 50's and 60's in Chicagoland, we had WGN with the original Bozo and Frazier Thomas for our cartoon entertainment. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: We had "Hardrock, CoCo and Joe" and "Suzy Snowflake" so let's take a stroll down memory lane. Hold onto the handrail and observe the EXIT signs... :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT5Ohgl7eTM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEe6KOWdbUs

My kids grew up with Charlie Brown and Rudolph etc. I'm just curious if other regions in the US or elsewhere had regional cartoon favorites as well? Please share them with us if you can?

genevieve
12-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Rudolph and Charlie Brown, hands down. Some of the others are fun (LOVE all the stop motion animation from the '60s) and I'll watch them, but Rudolph is destination tv every year.

Buzz
12-04-2010, 06:57 PM
CHARLIE BROWN! :cheer2:

ChelleC
12-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Definitely Charlie Brown and Rudolph for me too.

AliasJohnDoe
12-04-2010, 07:04 PM
My favorites are the "Family Guy" X-Mas episodes. The look on Stewie's face when he gets the plutonium he asked for is priceless.

Lucy25
12-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Absolutely Charlie Brown. Still makes me a bit teary. Also like the Sponge Bob Christmas episode.

escaflowne9282
12-04-2010, 07:10 PM
My favorites are the "Family Guy" X-Mas episodes. The look on Stewie's face when he gets the plutonium he asked for is priceless.

I love this episode too! I remember totally losing it when Lois pushes Jimmy Stewart off the bridge.

I'd also add Charlie Brown, which I've always loved.

KikiSashaFan
12-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Another vote for Charlie Brown and Rudolph. The Family Guy Christmas is hilarious. I love the part where Lois loses it and storms out and they all want to find her and Peter is like "if this is how she behaves at Christmas, do we even want her back?" :rofl:

I also like the Grinch and when I was a kid they always showed the Teddy Bears picnic on Christmas Eve, so I dig it up every year too.

The Accordion
12-04-2010, 08:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yon2YuXssvo

The Year Without a Santa Claus!!!!!
My fave!!! Love Snow and Heat Miser.

Oh and I love Charlie Brown, and the Grinch and Rudolph, and the one where the 2 elves pretend one of the reindeer is a dog and put socks on his ears. What one is that? - Oh Santa Claus is Coming to Town. Oh and Frosty. Okay - a little excited by this thread!

ArtisticFan
12-04-2010, 10:03 PM
I love the mouse version of the night before Christmas.

SharonDudd
12-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Thanks Accordion! I totally forgot that one! The year without a Santa Claus!

skatemommy
12-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Got 2 B Grinch and Frosty. PS. I grew up with Bozo the clown as well! And I don't have nightmares about clowns :lol:

Anemone
12-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Rudolph, Frosty, The Grinch and Charlie Brown - must watch every year. My nieces and nephews are old enough now to start enjoying these shows and I'm looking forward to introducing them to these classic cartoons.

bobalina77
12-04-2010, 11:48 PM
I bought a set a couple of years ago that has Rudolph, Frosty, Frosty Returns, Little Drummer Boy (which they don't even show on TV anymore and I figured out why after I watched it last year lol!), Santa Claus is Coming to Town and a random one about a toy maker who's daughter's boyfriend goes off to war and supposedly dies and she goes blind.. oh and it's a Cricket telling the story.. it's terrible lol!

Rudolph confused me though because when I used to watch it as a kid they catch the snow monster and the dentist elf finds a bad tooth and pulls it and it turns out that's why the monster is so grouchy and everyone is happy. In the version on the DVD they just yank out all of his teeth so he has no way of defending himself. I must have watched the PC version on TV or something lol!

Cloudy_Gumdrops
12-05-2010, 12:03 AM
The Grinch
Frosty The Snowman
Rudolph
Charlie Brown