PDA

View Full Version : Do Women Really Like Musicians That Much?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Allen
12-05-2010, 12:58 AM
bass players. esp women bass players :grope:

Have you ever seen Sleater Kinney live...that might work out for you :)

PrincessLeppard
12-05-2010, 01:07 AM
Why does it seem like women go apeshit over musicians?

Is it true or is it a generalization?

Even here, I've read a few ladies' posts that made me wonder.

Yeah, women who travel across the planet to see certain bands are just ridiculous. What's up with that?

:shuffle:

(I will say that, prior to their new album, 30 Seconds to Mars were very accessible to their fans, so you got a great show and you got to talk to the guys. Or, in my case, talk to Shannon Leto and run away from Jared. Because I'm a twit.)

I

Adam Lambert is gay, but the majority of his fanbase is female. In addition to this, there are also the women who think they can turn him. :facepalm:

Are you saying he ISN'T going to change for me? :drama:

;)

nyrak
12-05-2010, 01:18 AM
Larry Mullen anyone? :shuffle:

Glad I'm not the only one! Larry Mullen is hot! :D

DFJ
12-05-2010, 01:25 AM
I was married to one so my answer to the question is...um, no!

Rex
12-05-2010, 02:19 AM
Yeah, women who travel across the planet to see certain bands are just ridiculous. What's up with that? Word. Imagine THAT ;).

Are you saying he ISN'T going to change for me? :drama:
;) Oh, he'll turn, dear, but only over.

:D.

Jackie Sparrow
12-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Yeah, women who travel across the planet to see certain bands are just ridiculous. What's up with that?

They played your man on the radio a few days ago and I was thinking of you :)

(Thinking of someone who you don't know what they look like is kinda odd...)

TAHbKA
12-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Does having a crush on a classmate because he's an amazing musician at the age of 16 count? If it does - am one of the females who have crushes on the musicians :P

Rehearsing with Percadu (http://www.percadu.com/) is a real test for one's powers - they are amazing musicians, HOT and generally good guys. Think half of the choir (both females and gays) are :swoon: over them. Yours truly included:)

Jenny
12-05-2010, 02:02 PM
I think it's pretty much all just the fantasy that the women love. The musician looks larger than life up there on the stage. He's talented and passionate about doing it. Being a musician also makes you seem more sensitive. The majority of songs are about love, ... they're talking directly to women and they're starring usually as themselves. That's not the case with actors.

I think this is often the case, plus the bad boy/tortured soul image that many women are attracted to, even if just a little bit sometimes.

I married a guitar player and 25 years later still find him :grope: even though these days he listens to music much more than he plays it. :)

bass players. esp women bass players :grope:

Can't argue with you there. (http://xmadmx.com/visual-vault/)

Holley Calmes
12-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Franz Liszt had women fainting over him in the middle 19th century. He was very handsome, and when he gave piano concerts, he would enter, sit down at the piano, and proceed to take his white gloves off one finger at a time. he was said to have very beautiful, long-fingered hands. Women would scream and faint with each exposed finger. At least that's a story told by my music history professor! Franz was very good looking, depending on one's taste:

http://thrushadows.blogspot.com/2010/03/goth-classical-music-franz-liszt.html

I had a huge crush on a cellist in the Atlanta Symphony when I was in college. I worked at the Symphony, and this cellist also taught in the Music Department where I went to school. Cellos are shaped rather like the human body, and this guy was handsome and very, very poetic. Very passionate. I followed him around like a puppy. I'm sure he got a good laugh out of it.

SharonDudd
12-05-2010, 08:12 PM
WHO KNEW?? Liszt did a finger by finger strip tease? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Holley: I'm sure he was very flattered by the admiration! Never quite thought of the cello, guitar and violin as in the same shape as the body but it's really true. If a man can make that inanimate object "sing" as they can do sometimes with that passion....

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

LLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! !

:encore: :encore: :encore: :encore:

(SD faints at the very thought of how a man's fingers can caress the guitar strings)

Carmen Ovsiannikov
12-05-2010, 11:55 PM
Why does it seem like women go apeshit over musicians?

Is it true or is it a generalization?

Even here, I've read a few ladies' posts that made me wonder.

.....And then, you look at really busted guys like Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Iggy Pop? :scream: :rofl: but they get too many women. And then you have the cute but not-so-talented guys like Bieber, the Jonas Bros...what gives?

Discuss.

I think it's a generalization. No one from any group agrees with/believes in the same thing. I commented in another thread that it seems that for some reason people take a cross section of certain groups and uses those people to describe everyone. IMO This is one of those times.

I've heard other women comment about how "all us girls love the bad boys." I had a similar conversation with a woman I used to work with and when I said "not all women" she looked at me as if I had sprouted two heads.

Myself, I prefer more clean cut men. While I can appreciate the talent and music of the rock star types I've always wondered why some women seem to go batshit over them. As you said Rex, most are beyond nasty looking (scrawny and in need of delousing) and more importantly only seem to have a fleeting aquaintance with soap and water. :scream:

It is interesting that women in the entertainment industry have to be at least good enough looking to that the record/film companies can slather them in makeup so they look "hot" but many of the men are indeed busted. I suppose that's conversation for another thread.

Rex
12-06-2010, 02:35 AM
It is interesting that women in the entertainment industry have to be at least good enough looking to that the record/film companies can slather them in makeup so they look "hot" but many of the men are indeed busted. I suppose that's conversation for another thread. Yeah, did anyone ever call Janis Joplin sexy or beautiful??? But Jagger and Richards still pull women, many of them young enough to be their granddaughters.

I guess some of the "sex symbol" types like Madonna, Christina Aguilera and Beyonce have their male fans....

PrincessLeppard
12-06-2010, 03:28 AM
From what I've heard, Janis didn't have any trouble finding men. :grope:

Rex
12-06-2010, 04:05 AM
From what I've heard, Janis didn't have any trouble finding men. :grope:

:watch: You know I hate celeb gossip, but I'm willing to listen, you know, to get in the spirit of things...

PrincessLeppard
12-06-2010, 04:07 AM
:sekret: According to lesbianlife.com, she was bisexual. :sekret: