PDA

View Full Version : Which ladies will medal at Euros (and will it be a beauty contest) ?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Eris
12-04-2010, 01:42 PM
And I hate it that everyone is so crazy about Kiira's beauty :rolleyes: no jealousy here, but I really think there are prettier girls out there. Even Laura is prettier.
+1.:saint:

raphie
12-04-2010, 02:13 PM
so interesting. the thing is, i do think that to keep consistency is also one of the talents. Carolina has disappointed me too many times. now i would'nt bet on her. Kiira has beautiful SP but on LP, hmmm...whole choreography looks awesome but little bit hard for her. i'd just keep watching. and sorry for Laura. hope she gets well.

pinky166
12-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Hate me for that, but I hate the Finns. They're both wooden dolls for me. And I hate it that everyone is so crazy about Kiira's beauty :rolleyes: no jealousy here, but I really think there are prettier girls out there. Even Laura is prettier. And seing her next to Alissa at TEB, Alissa is a godess, really. Kiira is just ok.

The Finns have gorgeous basics, great edges, speed, and good technique on jumps (when they actually land/rotate them). And about Kiira, I have to disagree. She is a godess and it really comes out on the ice. Alissa is pretty in a cute all American girl way, but she also looks like a 12 year old next to Kiira who comes off so mature and sophisticated.

When the Finns land all their triples, they are a force to be reckoned with.

JerseySlore
12-04-2010, 02:59 PM
I'd love to see Kiira snag the title, but I'm not holding my breath.

Kelvster
12-04-2010, 03:34 PM
it's time for Kiira to win! wheee ...

but what i'm looking forward to the most is Cecilia Torn, 3rd finnish lady, if she qualifies ... (i guess it's the top 20 that qualify at worlds and europeans? i'm so out of the loop these days :o )

i've been watching cecilia's programmes, both short and long programme, a few times ... just magnificient!! so soft, beautiful and sophisticated ... i hope the finnish federation sends her no matter whether she lands any triples at nationals! :p

mia joy
12-04-2010, 04:07 PM
The Finns have gorgeous basics, great edges, speed, and good technique on jumps (when they actually land/rotate them).

basics, edges, speed, blah blah blah it's like I heard someone defending Chan :P how about some artistry, some expression, some more arm moves and in general the upper part of the body. Seriously, their arms are terrible. They ARE wooden, deep edges or not.

And about Kiira, I have to disagree. She is a godess and it really comes out on the ice. Alissa is pretty in a cute all American girl way, but she also looks like a 12 year old next to Kiira who comes off so mature and sophisticated.

I guess it's a matter of taste, but I much more prefer Alissa without much of make up, just the natural girl as she is, to Kiira with her bloody red lipsticks :P

and by the way, Kiira isn't the nicest girl when it comes to fans... Alissa's smile is always there, even if some crazily enthusiastic Asian fans attack her :P

AliasJohnDoe
12-04-2010, 05:13 PM
basics, edges, speed, blah blah blah it's like I heard someone defending Chan :P how about some artistry, some expression, some more arm moves and in general the upper part of the body. Seriously, their arms are terrible. They ARE wooden, deep edges or not.

IMO, Biryukova has the best arm/hand movements of the Euro ladies on the list. I'm torn, I want Kostner, Lepisto, Korpi, Makarova and Biryukova all to be on the podium.

Nekatiivi
12-04-2010, 06:30 PM

I guess it's a matter of taste, but I much more prefer Alissa without much of make up, just the natural girl as she is, to Kiira with her bloody red lipsticks :P

and by the way, Kiira isn't the nicest girl when it comes to fans... Alissa's smile is always there, even if some crazily enthusiastic Asian fans attack her :P

That is just mean. Kiira is sweet and little bit shy girl eventhought she does not have fake smile on her face all the time.

pinky166
12-04-2010, 08:58 PM

From what I have heard Kiira is a lovely girl - sweet, smart, understanding. That doesn't mean Alissa isn't nice, from what I have heard she is also lovely, but that doesn't mean they aren't both nice. I agree with you about the lipstick, but I more meant in street clothes Kiira looks gorgeous. I mean, she looks good all the time, but when she is in training clothes with minimal makeup on, you really realize how pretty she is. Most people can look good with enough makeup, but not everyone can look good without it.

mia joy
12-04-2010, 10:55 PM
That is just mean. Kiira is sweet and little bit shy girl eventhought she does not have fake smile on her face all the time.

I don't want to be mean, that's just what I felt. I was trying to get her to stop for a while and at least take a photo with her, but she wouldn't let me. And a couple of other fans either. I mean, I get that she could be tired/not feel so well or anything else, but there still are skaters who would always smile for you, regardless of the circumstances and I don't find their smiles fake. What I feel is that they appreciate you as a fan. Now calling them fake is being mean, don't you think?
and I could say same about Carolina Kostner. I used to adore her and all I heard about her was how sweet and lovely she was, but when I finally got to ask her for an autograph/whatever she acted really weird. All I could feel coming from her was kind of: "leave me alone already, why do you bother me anyway?". I mean, I don't think that was what she wanted to express, but that's what I felt. And there are some skaters out there who make you feel happy and excited and important every time you talk to them. I don't think either Kiira or Carolina is one of them.
You can call me mean, but I'm not the one turning my fans down when they have like one in a million opportunity to meet me. I get they might be shy or have a bad day or whatever, but situations like this make me feel like dirt, really. I am a pretty sensitive girl myself and I take things like that personally.

I mean, she looks good all the time, but when she is in training clothes with minimal makeup on, you really realize how pretty she is. Most people can look good with enough makeup, but not everyone can look good without it.

That's exactly what I was pointing when it came to Alissa. She's always natural with minimum make up and she's still stunning. I don't know, I just don't get the Kiira-excitement, that's all. I find many other skaters prettier, but that's just me and my taste.

Nomad
12-05-2010, 07:13 PM
It's a crapshoot this year. Korpi is the only lady on this poll who has come close to skating consistently well this season, but you never know with her. Kostner will probably get held up in the PCS as always. As for the rest...Makarova has had only one good comp out of three; Leonova has imploded at every comp except Coupe de Nice. Meier and Lepistö are dealing with injuries; Biryukova (if she makes the team) and Gedevanishvili are wild cards.

AliasJohnDoe
12-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Whatever happened to Jenni Vahaama? She was promising at one point.

MikiAndoFan#1
12-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Whatever happened to Jenni Vahaama? She was promising at one point.

I think she retired. :( So sad, she's just 18 years old.

Excidra
12-07-2010, 12:17 AM
This segment of the competition is such a bore zzzzzz.The ladies portion of this competition lost it's luster when the Russian ladies failed to continue the gold winning streak. It seemed like most ladies were motivated, which contributed to the events high level of skating, by winning against the Russians at their best. It didn't happen, but at least they didn't throw in the towel like they usually do now.

wonderlen
12-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Who ever land three triples or more will be on the podium! LOL