PDA

View Full Version : Top Baby Names of 2010

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Garden Kitty
12-03-2010, 12:45 AM
I'm not sure how they know since 2010 isn't over, but according to Baby Center, the top names are Sophia and Aiden (http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/sophia-and-aiden-lead-babycenters-top-100-baby-names-of-2010-2418678/).

The article lists the top 10 for each sex and other names on the rise.

PDilemma
12-03-2010, 12:51 AM
My husband's annoying friends told us all about how they had chosen a "really unique name" for their first child before she was born three years ago. They named her Isabella Sophia. Daughter number 2 is due in February. I'm betting on Olivia or Ava based on the top ten list.

IceAlisa
12-03-2010, 12:53 AM
Uh oh, girls's name Bella is on the rise, I wonder why... :lol:

bobalina77
12-03-2010, 01:06 AM
Ugh.. it makes me so mad because I've liked the name Isabella (Bella) for the longest time (pre Twilight) and now I'm scared to use it because people will think we're Twilight fans.

KCC
12-03-2010, 01:07 AM
Hmmm.... "Paisley" is rising in the ranks. I just can't imagine naming a girl Paisley. It is like naming a boy Plaid or Corduroy. Then there is always Linen, Satin, Silk, Cotton, Polyester, Fleece, Wool, and Rayon.

IceAlisa
12-03-2010, 01:10 AM
Ugh.. it makes me so mad because I've liked the name Isabella (Bella) for the longest time (pre Twilight) and now I'm scared to use it because people will think we're Twilight fans.

So it's a girl? :) Isabella is a beautiful name and will outlive the Twilight craze.

Allen
12-03-2010, 01:12 AM
Hmmm.... "Paisley" is rising in the ranks. I just can't imagine naming a girl Paisley. It is like naming a boy Plaid or Corduroy. Then there is always Linen, Satin, Silk, Cotton, Polyester, Fleece, Wool, and Rayon.

I have a friend named Paisley and, shock and awe, she is a country singer.

bobalina77
12-03-2010, 01:15 AM
No.. we don't know yet lol! We will find out on the 10th though. It's one of about 10 names (5 boy, 5 girl) on a list we have. We aren't actually naming peanut till we meet him/her in April :)

Isabella will out live the Twilight craze but I know I'm would get sick of people asking us or commenting. Maybe if we do have a girl and name her Isabella I'll have to get a onesie made up that says "No, I'm not named after Bella Swan!" lol!

mmscfdcsu
12-03-2010, 01:16 AM

What's wrong with Polly Esther? :lol:

IceAlisa
12-03-2010, 02:03 AM
No.. we don't know yet lol! We will find out on the 10th though. It's one of about 10 names (5 boy, 5 girl) on a list we have. We aren't actually naming peanut till we meet him/her in April :) That's fantastic! Let us know what you find out and hope everything goes well with the big sonogram! :)

What are your top 5 girl and 5 boy names?

oleada
12-03-2010, 02:09 AM
Bobalina, Isabella is a wonderful name. It is my sister's name. I picked it out for her when I was four because I thought it was a princess name :glamor: It will stand the test of time. Let us know what you are having! :)

I'm more annoyed because Sofia is what I've always wanted to name a daughter, if I ever have one

ETA - My sister is 18, and Isabella is also one of the hottest names down in Colombia. I like to think I started a trend. :shuffle:

purple skates
12-03-2010, 02:10 AM
To me, Aiden is a girl's name. :shuffle:

BigB08822
12-03-2010, 02:10 AM
WHAT!! My favorite name, and the name my son will have when that day comes, is Aiden. Ugh, I don't like to be trendy, I set the trends...damn it! Ok, ok, I totally got the name from Sex and the City years ago. :shuffle:

purple skates
12-03-2010, 02:13 AM
To me, Aiden is a girl's name. :shuffle:

WHAT!! My favorite name, and the name my son will have when that day comes, is Aiden. Ugh, I don't like to be trendy, I set the trends...damn it! Ok, ok, I totally got the name from Sex and the City years ago. :shuffle:

I think it's a girls name due to a heroine in a favorite romance novel. :shuffle:

redonthehead
12-03-2010, 02:15 AM
Long before Twilight was ever written, if we had had another girl, her name would have been Isabella Grace (Bella Grace). We didn't have anymore kids at all. But my daughter loves the name and says if she ever has a girl then I'll get my Bella Grace ;) Even though we're Twilight fans, the name has nothing to do with the books/movies.

One of my heart kids is pregnant with a little girl and her name is going to be Kellan but spelled Kallan. It's funny because she's not a Twilight fan at all but we still pick on her about using Kellan Lutz's name. She was going to name her Sophia then decided it was too popular. Lol