PDA

View Full Version : Banagrams -- Any comments from Scrabble players?

barbk
12-02-2010, 07:36 PM
My brother is an avid Scrabble player, but it isn't the most portable game and he travels around 150 nights per year. Bananagrams was suggested as a similar word game that might be more portable, and I was wondering if any of you avid FSU scrabble maniacs had tried it, and what you thought of it as a game.

Thanks!

Susan1
12-03-2010, 12:19 AM
My brother is an avid Scrabble player, but it isn't the most portable game and he travels around 150 nights per year. Bananagrams was suggested as a similar word game that might be more portable, and I was wondering if any of you avid FSU scrabble maniacs had tried it, and what you thought of it as a game.

Thanks!

I don't know what Bananagrams is, but if your brother has a lot of Facebook friends, he could play Wordscraper there. You can have multiple games going at the same time.

numbers123
12-03-2010, 12:25 AM
or Lexulous on Facebook. You can play friends or others online. And I believe you can have as many games as you want going. There is a ranking based upon the number of wins or losses you have.

made_in_canada
12-03-2010, 04:25 AM
It depends what he likes about scrabble. Bananagrams is good because it's portable and plays quickly. Some scrabble players though don't like it because there's no scoring, it's simply speed. I personally love it :D

Allen
12-03-2010, 04:41 AM
You can actually do Scrabble on Facebook and have as many games going at a time as you wish.