PDA

View Full Version : Zumba, anyone?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

genevieve
12-04-2010, 12:42 AM
Ever notice how faces look drawn and aged when someone suddenly loses weight?
Only when they're already "of a certain age".

Myhoneyhoney, I think you're safe - and congrats! :)

myhoneyhoney
12-04-2010, 12:47 AM
Thank Genevieve, but I'm 34!:wuzrobbed Does that put in the the "certain age" group?

Back to the OT... I'm thinking of getting Zumba for wii. I tried this morning but the Target I was in was sold out. grrrrr

Karina1974
12-04-2010, 12:58 AM
I wear these Capezio shoes (http://www.zappos.com/capezio-web-black-pink). I highly recommend this type of shoe, they really allow you to move properly and don't stick to the floor. This shoe like most dance shoes runs small, I ordered 1/2 size larger.

If you're going to buy dance sneakers (or any kind of dance shoe for that matter) I'd suggest going to www.allaboutdance.com. They have those same shoes you linked to for only $45.00.

http://www.allaboutdance.com/Capezio-Web-Dansneaker-DS19?sc=2&category=211

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the topic of Zumba... I almost got a chance to try it when my friend Alex's band played for a Zumba party held as a fund raiser for a local theater. I had another commitment that day, so I couldn't make it.

I'd only take it up as long as I knew I was going to be hearing real, authentic, balls-to-the-wall Latin music (like the music my friend plays (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h58bCTvrMhc)), not the "Latin Pop" crap that performers like Ricky Martin unfortunately brought into vogue in recent years.

IceAlisa
12-04-2010, 01:05 AM
Only when they're already "of a certain age". Actually, when it comes to collagen loss, the "certain age" is about 35.

myhoneyhoney
12-04-2010, 02:00 AM
Actually, when it comes to collagen loss, the "certain age" is about 35.

oh my gawd, I'm almost 35! Time to find a way to buy and stock up on some collagen (as if that's possible, lmao). That or hit up Ulta and Sephora for some "treatments"....

Marge_Simpson
12-04-2010, 05:29 AM
I think I posted this awhile back but I'll repeat it here because it's Zumba-related and amusing.
My Zumba class is at the hospital where I work, in a gymnasium that is used for various purposes, not necessarily exercise-related. There are usually about 15-20 ladies in the classes. (We had a few men originally, but they have since dropped out - wimps!)
One evening we went over to the gym but the door was locked. Our instructor went and fetched someone from security to unlock the door and let us in. A security guard opened the door, and most of us, including myself, started screaming - there was a naked man across the floor, all stiff and clearly dead. :eek: Most of the women are nurses and wouldn't normally flip out at the sight of a body, but who expects to see a dead man on the floor at the gym?
A closer examination proved that we were mistaken, however. Our instructor called administration and insisted that from then on, the dummy used by the CPR class must be locked in a closet after use. :lol:

bobalina77
12-04-2010, 05:55 AM
lmao!

IceAlisa
12-04-2010, 06:43 AM
oh my gawd, I'm almost 35! Time to find a way to buy and stock up on some collagen (as if that's possible, lmao). That or hit up Ulta and Sephora for some "treatments"....

Yes, it's possible to slow things down by using Vitamin C, retinol and hyaluronic acid.

skatemommy
12-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Yes, it's possible to slow things down by using Vitamin C, retinol and hyaluronic acid.

So I am assuming the once perky busom of mine is suffering the same fate...any magic potion for that? :D

WindSpirit
12-04-2010, 02:35 PM
I'd only take it up as long as I knew I was going to be hearing real, authentic, balls-to-the-wall Latin music (like the music my friend plays (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h58bCTvrMhc)), not the "Latin Pop" crap that performers like Ricky Martin unfortunately brought into vogue in recent years. Really, you think they would discuss all their possible music choices for months in advance so you wouldn't be offended, or god forbid, storm out of the class if they played something you deem unworthy of your participation in the class? You can dance Latin dances to all kinds of music. The key is to have fun, not be snobby.

myhoneyhoney
12-04-2010, 05:39 PM

woohooo, thank you for that info! Who wants to come with to stock up on those suckers?! :D

PrincessLeppard
12-04-2010, 05:45 PM
I'd only take it up as long as I knew I was going to be hearing real, authentic, balls-to-the-wall Latin music (like the music my friend plays (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h58bCTvrMhc)), not the "Latin Pop" crap that performers like Ricky Martin unfortunately brought into vogue in recent years.

Then you probably shouldn't go. It's a lot of techno and dance music.

genevieve
12-04-2010, 06:10 PM
:rofl: it's a FITNESS CLASS, not a concert :rofl:

But hey, who am I to deny you a chance to beat your favorite dead horse?

IceAlisa
12-05-2010, 03:18 AM
So I am assuming the once perky busom of mine is suffering the same fate...any magic potion for that? :D

Wearing a good bra may prevent saggage. Frankly, I don't know much about ways to keep the boobs perky other than the breast lift itself.

mashenka82
12-06-2010, 03:23 PM
:rofl: it's a FITNESS CLASS, not a concert :rofl:

But hey, who am I to deny you a chance to beat your favorite dead horse?

:rofl:

Sorry, but it's going to be latin pop and some general pop, (which I find to be fun especially for a workout like this!) One of hte zumba instructors I go to, will, once in a while throw in normal salsa music... but those instances are far and few between. You're more likely to hear things like Aventura for bachata and dj mixes and Ricky Martin and Enrique Iglesias.