PDA

View Full Version : US Junior Worlds Ladies Team Poll

Pages : [1] 2

haribobo
12-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Who will make the team? So many options! Multiple choice allowed, obv. as there's 3 spots...

AliasJohnDoe
12-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Does the US Junior Champion automatically get a spot?

Sylvia
12-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Does the US Junior Champion automatically get a spot?
No.

U.S. Junior ladies champs or medalists that have been selected for Junior Worlds in recent years:
Agnes Zawadzki (2010)
Mirai Nagasu, Caroline Zhang, Ashley Wagner (2007)
Kimmie Meissner & Katy Taylor (2004)

Squibble
12-02-2010, 04:47 PM
Caroline Zhang! She's got the experience! :cheer:

Sylvia
12-02-2010, 04:53 PM
BTW, 2006 Junior champ Megan Hyatt went to 2006 Junior Worlds as the 1st alternate after Katy Taylor declined the assignment and decided to go only to Four Continents (she was initially assigned to both competitions).

I will be very interested to see whether or not 8 different U.S. ladies (and 9 different U.S. men) are assigned to 2011 Four Continents, Junior Worlds, and Worlds.

Let's see how Christina Gao, Yasmin Siraj and Kristiene Gong all fare at the Junior Grand Prix Final next week...

jlai
12-02-2010, 05:28 PM
I'm torn between 5 girls-Hicks (or whoever will win jr ladies), Lam, Siraj, Agnes Z (depending on whether she gets 4cc or worlds) and Gao (same here)

ChibiChibi
12-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Hopefull thinking, but I picked Gao, Hicks, and Kulgayko. I think Courtney will win the Jr. title this year unless she has a meltdown. She's made a huge progress this year, and I really want her to do well at the Nationals, and then to be assigned to Jr. Worlds.

oleada
12-02-2010, 05:41 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Agnes gets the nod to go to JW, knowing the USFS, but I'd rather see her at 4CC if she doesn't make the world team.

I picked Gao, Siraj and Lam.

pinky166
12-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Zawadzki, Siraj, and Lam.

I'm assuming Gao goes to senior worlds and/or 4CC. If Agnes goes to Worlds and/or 4CC, then the next person to take her place would probably be Cesario, Baga if she's recovered from her injury by then, or Kulgeyko if she wins the junior title (which I totally think she can)/whoever does win the junior title. Usually the skaters sent to Junior Worlds skate at senior nationals, except for the junior champion if she put up an impressive score (Agnes last year). Siraj I think is on the team for sure so long as she skates decently well at nationals. The second spot will probably go to another senior lady, and the third the junior champion.

I wouldn't be surprised if USFSA assigns Gao and Zawadzki to 4CC even if neither makes the World team, I guess they could do 4CC and Jr. Worlds, but if the USFSA wants to spread the wealth, then the World Team, 4CC Team, and Junior Worlds team could all be comprised of different skaters. I could forsee this happening if the results are close at nationals. For example if the results were say:

1.) Nagasu
2.) Flatt
3.) Wagner
4.) Gao
5.) Zawadzki
6.) Czisny
7.) Siraj
8.) Lam
9.) Dobbs
10.) Cesario

Then I could see the USFSA sending Nagasu and Flatt to Worlds, Wagner, Gao, and Zawadzki to 4CC, and Siraj, Lam, and either Dobbs or the junior ladies Champion (say Kulgyeko) to Junior Worlds.

chipso1
12-02-2010, 11:36 PM
I will be very interested to see whether or not 8 different U.S. ladies (and 9 different U.S. men) are assigned to 2011 Four Continents, Junior Worlds, and Worlds.

I hope so! I would love to see 8 different ladies get the chance to compete for ISU championship ranking points. :)

crzesk8dad
12-03-2010, 02:50 AM
Caroline Zhang! She's got the experience! :cheer:

Cold and cruel.........:slinkaway

pinky166
12-03-2010, 03:03 AM

Well judging by how she's been skating recently, I feel like she'd be pretty happy if she were assigned to junior worlds. I mean, the USFSA DID assign Ashley to junior worlds last season and she was older than Caroline is now.

chipso1
12-03-2010, 03:42 AM
Well judging by how she's been skating recently, I feel like she'd be pretty happy if she were assigned to junior worlds. I mean, the USFSA DID assign Ashley to junior worlds last season and she was older than Caroline is now.

That's because Ashley had already taken herself out of consideration for 4CC before Nationals. The USFS originally assigned her to Jr. Worlds so she would have a chance to earn ISU championship ranking points for 2009-10 if she wanted.

query5
12-04-2010, 06:41 PM
3 girls make the junior world team.
who, so many skaters, Gao, Agnes, Vanessa, Yasmin, Kiri, Kristen, Samantha -not to mention who skates junior level this year. those are senior choice let alone junior, but Gao, Agnes, has a good chance at making world team with Vanessa , Yasmin, Kiri, without side hopes.
i can see Gao and Agnes both finishing in top 6 let out top 4

Jarrett
12-04-2010, 08:21 PM

I actually laughed pretty hard. Oh Caroline, she has time. :fan: