PDA

View Full Version : US Junior Worlds Ladies Team Poll

Pages : 1 [2]

pinky166
12-04-2010, 08:55 PM
3 girls make the junior world team.
who, so many skaters, Gao, Agnes, Vanessa, Yasmin, Kiri, Kristen, Samantha -not to mention who skates junior level this year. those are senior choice let alone junior, but Gao, Agnes, has a good chance at making world team with Vanessa , Yasmin, Kiri, without side hopes.
i can see Gao and Agnes both finishing in top 6 let out top 4

I agree about Gao and Zawadzki being capable of doing well at senior worlds, and I think there is a good shot one of them will go to senior worlds, but I kind of doubt the USFSA would send them both to senior world considering we only have 2 ladies spots this year. Of course it could happen, but I tend to think at least one of Nagasu, Flatt, Wagner, or Czisny would accompany one of the youngsters at Worlds, unless of course Christina and Agnes both skate lights out and those I mentioned above skate really poorly in comparison, because then Christina and Agnes probably would both be sent to Worlds.

icellist
12-04-2010, 09:17 PM
I said Gao, Siraj, and Lam.

Gao for jumps, Lam for spins, and Siraj for PCS. I dont really enjoy watching Sawadzki but morese than Flatt. and I'll say Caroline Zhang for alternate (she is young enough)

Gao is like a no duh for the juniors she can compete with the russian juniors but she isnt the key to three spots to worlds as of now. I see so much potential in Siraj especially as an artistic skater, like a Czisny with not as pretty spins/spirals but stronger jumps. Lam has spins that blow my mind. They arent like Czisny quality but the centering is great, but her jumps are so tiny. Along with Gao, Siraj and Lam are going to do well as seniors and they're going to need the experience.

Hate me if you want about that Zawadzki part. i do like her music though. I'm predicting two years of positive improvement for Zhang. To keep her ranking up i think USFS can send her to jr worlds as the alternate.

send Dobbs, Zawadzki, and Wagner to 4CC. Dobbs has yet to shine. Wagner gets her points too. Plus, Wagner can prove that she can be part of the world team next year (she hasnt really proven herself here).

and then worlds i would have to pick nagasu for sure, and then chose flatt or czisny depending on how they do at gpf and nationals

chipso1
12-04-2010, 09:34 PM
I didn't vote for her, but Courtney Hicks could definitely be a factor, especially if she continues to perfect her 3F+3T. She scored just under 100 points for her FS at Coasts.

Jarrett
12-04-2010, 11:22 PM
send Dobbs, Zawadzki, and Wagner to 4CC. Dobbs has yet to shine. Wagner gets her points too. Plus, Wagner can prove that she can be part of the world team next year (she hasnt really proven herself here).

and then worlds i would have to pick nagasu for sure, and then chose flatt or czisny depending on how they do at gpf and nationals

I really hope USFSA puts the top 3 ladies from Nationals on the 4CC team (and they accept of course). I am sure the top skaters from Japan will there, our top skaters should be there too. Good practice for worlds.

pinky166
12-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Cesario is on the upswing, so I feel like she has a decent shot at Junior Worlds, especially if Gao and/or Zawadzki are sent to senior worlds and/or 4CC instead.

dinakt
12-05-2010, 01:05 AM
BTW, 2006 Junior champ Megan Hyatt went to 2006 Junior Worlds as the 1st alternate after Katy Taylor declined the assignment and decided to go only to Four Continents (she was initially assigned to both competitions).

I will be very interested to see whether or not 8 different U.S. ladies (and 9 different U.S. men) are assigned to 2011 Four Continents, Junior Worlds, and Worlds.

Let's see how Christina Gao, Yasmin Siraj and Kristiene Gong all fare at the Junior Grand Prix Final next week...

Would it be your wish? Is it more advantageous with such a deep and pretty even field to spread competitions around to give everybody a chance, or is it wiser to give top skaters one more competition opportunity if they wish it? Same question applies to Men, though the leaders there are a bit more pronounced.
I voted for Gao, Zawadski, Siraj but I ignored 4CC. I think my wish would be to send US Women ##3, 4, 5 to 4CC and the remaining eligibles to JW (or, rather, 2 remaining eligibles and one Junior who might take it all) , provided the results are close. If somebody is far behind in scores, I would reconsider and make them wait for a year. With Men it's a bit of a different story, as I imagine score differential might be much greater.
What do you all think?

Allen
12-05-2010, 03:05 AM
I think it will be Gao, Zawadski, and Siraj/Hicks/Lam. If Christina and Agnes go to 4CC, then I think it could be the latter 3. Cesario might factor in if Gao and Zawadski are sent to 4CC. I don't think I've ever been as excited about both the junior and senior women's competition at nationals.