PDA

View Full Version : Introduction to Wii

Pages : 1 [2]

BigB08822
12-03-2010, 01:35 AM
I used to enjoy Mario Kart as well. Haven't played in a while, though. The best part is playing online against others. It is a good way to learn tricks cause you can see what the others do that you didn't know about!

KikiSashaFan
12-03-2010, 01:39 AM
Defintely Mario Kart. Wii Sports is a good one too, especially the tennis, boxing and bowling. Any of the Mario Party or Mario Galaxy games are great, as is Wii Fit plus. I have Epic Mickey on my Christmas list.

BigB08822
12-03-2010, 01:42 AM
Does anyone remember this Mario game that was on the Nintendo 64? I believe you had to collect stars by finishing levels. I particularly remember one part where you went into this castle and you could jump through the pictures hanging on the walls. Was that Mario Sunshine? I want to find a game similar to that for Wii. Now that I think about it, I think I could probably download it on my Wii and play it right now! I just know all the tricks, so I would like a new challenge. Anyway, if anyone knows that game, could you recommend similar types of games for the Wii? Is the Mario Galaxy like that?

CynicElle
12-03-2010, 01:52 AM
Another vote for Mario Kart -- I love playing it online. I'm also a fan of Super Mario Galaxy.

KikiSashaFan
12-03-2010, 02:04 AM
Does anyone remember this Mario game that was on the Nintendo 64? I believe you had to collect stars by finishing levels. I particularly remember one part where you went into this castle and you could jump through the pictures hanging on the walls. Was that Mario Sunshine? I want to find a game similar to that for Wii. Now that I think about it, I think I could probably download it on my Wii and play it right now! I just know all the tricks, so I would like a new challenge. Anyway, if anyone knows that game, could you recommend similar types of games for the Wii? Is the Mario Galaxy like that?

It was Super Mario 64. I bought an N64 at a pawn shop and the game on ebay just for that game. I wish they would remake it for the Wii.

BigB08822
12-03-2010, 03:04 AM
It was Super Mario 64. I bought an N64 at a pawn shop and the game on ebay just for that game. I wish they would remake it for the Wii.

Thanks! I went and downloaded it on my Wii! Yay! The bad part is you need a classic controller or Gamecube controller, which I don't have. I guess tomorrow I get to run to the mall and hope to find one. Otherwise I can order off Amazon.com but then I wont get it for a few days. I put 3000 points on my Wii so I still have 2000. Hmmm, what other classic games to buy!?

Allen
12-03-2010, 03:11 AM
Thanks! I went and downloaded it on my Wii! Yay! The bad part is you need a classic controller or Gamecube controller, which I don't have. I guess tomorrow I get to run to the mall and hope to find one. Otherwise I can order off Amazon.com but then I wont get it for a few days. I put 3000 points on my Wii so I still have 2000. Hmmm, what other classic games to buy!?

I got the original Super Mario Brother and Super Mario 2 and 3. I did the same thing with Super Mario 64, but never went and bought the right controller. Is Metroid available for purchase? I'd love to get that one.

flyingsit
12-03-2010, 01:16 PM
We hooked it up last night and started with the sports games that came with it... my husband beat me at tennis but I creamed him in boxing and golf!

jlai
01-10-2011, 05:17 AM
I'm trying to purchase a Wii and I find the pricing on Amazon to be going up and down like a Yo-yo! The black bundle went down to 179 but I found the price to be over 200 today! The red bundle also went up like twenty something dollars overnight.

I thought game consoles get cheaper as they are older? :confused:

Aceon6
01-10-2011, 01:08 PM
I got the original Super Mario Brother and Super Mario 2 and 3. I did the same thing with Super Mario 64, but never went and bought the right controller. Is Metroid available for purchase? I'd love to get that one.

Yes, at least one of the Metroids is available as a download. My nephew downloaded it. Don't remember how many points it took.