View Full Version : Grammy Nominations

Pages : [1] 2 3

Allskate
12-02-2010, 05:23 AM
Here they are: http://www.cbs.com/specials/grammys/nominees/

Discuss!

uyeahu
12-02-2010, 05:38 AM
Glad to see John Mayer with 4 nominations. I love Battle Studies.
And Cee-lo getting best song nom for F*ck You is fantastic!

Allskate
12-02-2010, 06:14 AM
Not a big John Mayer fan and I think Battle Studies is his most snooze-inducing album. But, the nominations do give the Awards Show producers the chance to have Taylor Swift sing "Dear John" right in front of him. :lol:

The Cee Lo nomination cracks me up. It really is a catchy song.

I'm happy to see nominations for Ray LaMontagne, Mumford & Sons, Sara Bareilles, The Black Keys, and Tom Petty.

And I love that Esperanza Spalding got a nomination for best new artist -- and Ke$ha didn't.

manhn
12-02-2010, 06:18 AM
Wow, a lot of the nominated musical artists are not old. None of the album nominees need canes or anything.

jenny12
12-02-2010, 06:37 AM
Yay Arcade Fire and Florence and the Machine!!

Hope Empire State of Mind or F*ck You wins Record of the Year.

Kanye West should easily win best rap solo performance for Power (by far the best in the category, IM0), but it'll probably go to Eminem.

MR-FAN
12-02-2010, 06:39 AM
Teenage Dream for best album? Really?

genevieve
12-02-2010, 06:43 AM
This cbs show is lame x 5 million. Oh how LL Cool J has fallen.

Happy for Arcade Fire, though :)

uyeahu
12-02-2010, 07:05 AM
Not a big John Mayer fan and I think Battle Studies is his most snooze-inducing album. But, the nominations do give the Awards Show producers the chance to have Taylor Swift sing "Dear John" right in front of him. :lol:

She'll have moved on to her new single "Jake's a Snake" by February. ;)

haribobo
12-02-2010, 07:53 AM
John Mayer, Kanye, Eminem, Alicia, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Lady Antebellum, Katy Perry, Kings of Leon, John Mayer, R Kelly, Jay-Z, Kanye, Eminem, Buble, Kanye, Gaga, Beyonce, Eminem, Eminem, Eminem, Kanye, Gaga, Mayer, Buble, Gaga, Gaga, Gaga, Rihanna, Rihanna, Rihanna, John Legend. :wall: :rolleyes:

Lather Rinse Repeat.

Nothin' On You and California Gurls are really stupid songs, sorry. And while I'm a sometimes fan of Katy Perry, Teenage Dream is not THAT great. There's gotta be about 50 or 100 better songs out there to choose from.

Nice for Sara Bareilles, Florence, and Cee Lo Green, but overall the nominations are, as always, seriously lacking imagination.

Mike Posner, Weezer, and Kelis wuzrobbed.

piano18
12-02-2010, 08:03 AM
Aretha Franklin gets one every year.

Lady Gaga :blah:

cailuj365
12-02-2010, 11:04 AM
I'm flailing in the American Idol thread that Adam Lambert got nominated (male pop vocal performance). I doubt he's going to win, but considering that this time last year, he was in the middle of a huge controversy and his career was nearly over before it even started, a Grammy nomination is pretty awesome.

The two big head-scratchers for me:
1) Susan Boyle for Best Pop Vocal Album. Um, shouldn't she be in the TRADITIONAL pop vocal album category with Buble, Streisand, and the rest?

2) Katy Perry for album of the year. Her album received a score of 52/100 on metacritic out of 19 reviews. It hasn't even sold that much compared to other pop divas.

Wyliefan
12-02-2010, 01:59 PM
CHRIS YOUNG GOT NOMINATED FOR A GRAMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Oh, that just makes my LIFE! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: The guy's got the best voice in country today (and "Gettin' You Home" is the best country song in, like, forever), but it seems like everyone else always gets nominated for the good awards over him.

If he wins, I might just die of joy. :swoon:

Awww -- from his Twitter: "Guys!!!!!! I'm nominated for a freaking Grammy!!!! Best male country vocal performance. Gettin' you home. This is awesome!!!!" Too cute. :lol:

Allen
12-02-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm really excited for Arcade Fire to get the nod in Best Album, but Katy Perry's nomination in that category removes any credibility from these awards for me. I could see it for best pop album (even though I think there were better pop albums), but best album is a joke. Interesting to see Lady Antebellum get nods in the top categories.

vesperholly
12-02-2010, 05:25 PM
The Grammys are like the Emmys to me - nominations and wins based on perceived popularity, buzz and overworked PR agents. Every once in a while they knock it out of the park (Chris Colfer, Jane Lynch, Chris Young) but mostly it's a whole lotta :confused:

BigB08822
12-02-2010, 05:41 PM
I guess they nominated Katy Perry's album because Taylor Swift didn't have one out and they needed someone to check off their "teen" category. The nominators are so transparent that they chose her album because it actually has the word "teenage" in the title. :lol: