PDA

View Full Version : Gregory and Petukhov announce Las Vegas Skating Extravaganza

Pages : [1] 2

alilou
12-01-2010, 07:42 AM
US Olympians Denis Petukhov and Melissa Gregory Announce Las Vegas Ice Skating Extravaganza
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/us-olympians-denis-petukhov-and-melissa-gregory-announce-las-vegas-ice-skating-extravaganza-111059579.html

Click on the picture - it's absolutely fabulous.

And here's the link to their Fever on Ice project
http://www.eduskating.com/

And the link to Proud Nation (the performance that arose from their Fever on Ice project working with a Hartford school)
http://gregoryandpetukhov.com/projects/proud-nation

They sure are keeping busy - following their dream. So impressed. I hope their Las Vegas venture is a huge success!

kwanette
12-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Thanks, so happy for Melissa and Denis.

skamper23
12-01-2010, 12:43 PM
I hope this is a real success for them! Looking forward to more details, like location, cast and dates. I may have to plan another trip to Vegas!!

paskatefan
12-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Great opportunity for Melissa & Denis. Hope it's a huge success! :D

Jenny
12-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Hopefully that's the one good thing that will come out of SWTS - higher profile and increased opportunities for skaters like these.

skatesindreams
12-01-2010, 03:21 PM
I hope this is a real success for them! Looking forward to more details, like location, cast and dates. I may have to plan another trip to Vegas!!

Ditto for me!

Garden Kitty
12-01-2010, 03:59 PM
I love how they've really had some original and creative ideas about developing skating opportunities for themselves and other skaters. I wish them a lot of luck in this venture.

Coco
12-01-2010, 10:58 PM
I love how they've really had some original and creative ideas about developing skating opportunities for themselves and other skaters. I wish them a lot of luck in this venture.

Absolutely! Best of luck to them!

BittyBug
12-02-2010, 03:12 AM
I love how they've really had some original and creative ideas about developing skating opportunities for themselves and other skaters. I wish them a lot of luck in this venture.Indeed. I find the idea of a "Cirque du Soleil" style ice show quite intriguing, and I hope it's a big success. Frankly, this concept is a lot more appealing to me than the usual professional ice tours of solo numbers skated to drecky pop music and corny group numbers.

I wonder who the other skaters will be.

Rottie
12-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Sounds very interesting! :)

Nan
12-02-2010, 03:11 PM
This sounds something like the show Weir talked about putting together some time ago. Does anyone know if he is involved?

Jenny
12-02-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm sure that if Johnny was confirmed, they would have mentioned him. It's not good to make an announcement without details of timing, venue and certainly cast members or other creative team members - but I suspect they wanted to capitalize on SWTS, which is smart.

Willowway
12-02-2010, 05:51 PM
This sounds something like the show Weir talked about putting together some time ago. Does anyone know if he is involved?

I'm sure if he was involved as a producer/creator he would have been mentioned. I think Denis and Melissa beat him to it. They appear to be the kind of people who know how to proceed from idea to implementation as they have demonstrated with smaller scale projects already - they have really learned to be producers, good for them! This is a very ambitious project in financial terms; I hope that they succeed.

Johnny might be in their cast when they get to that point but right now it's clearly not the show he talked about putting together.

manleywoman
12-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Indeed. I find the idea of a "Cirque du Soleil" style ice show quite intriguing, and I hope it's a big success. Frankly, this concept is a lot more appealing to me than the usual professional ice tours of solo numbers skated to drecky pop music and corny group numbers.
my feelings exactly.

I wonder who the other skaters will be.
I'm hoping it's not big names, and instead more like Cirque where it's a true ensemble.

Perky Shae Lynn
12-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Oh, I hope this works! Melissa and Dennis are WONDERFUL people, so creative and hard-working. Keeping my fingers crossed that this idea turns into something beautiful and profitable.