PDA

View Full Version : Skater Most in Need of An Intervention

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

olympic
12-01-2010, 02:21 PM
How about we just say "all of Morozov's skaters"? :watch:

Along with 'all of Tom Z's skaters'

Does the intervention have to be in re the technical aspect of their skating? How about those most in need of intervention psychologically ? - Czisny, Abbott

Rex
12-01-2010, 02:29 PM
I hope Mroz doesn't take Michael Weiss' place as the "str8 one 2 hate".

Feb
12-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Kozuka’s a bit introverted, similar to Jeremy, but Kozuka does have artistry and interpretation. Ex: his SP last yr, his LP this yr + his exhibition piece “Fallin.” Maybe he should get a better costume designer, so he doesn’t dress 10 yrs older than his real age.

And why Chan’s not included in the selection? If we compare Chan’s “Take Five” with that of Kozuka 2 yrs ago, then Kozuka’s skate actually looked like a jazz dance, while Chan never looked like he’s “dancing” with his stiff movements…

wonderlen
12-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Kozuka’s a bit introverted, similar to Jeremy, but Kozuka does have artistry and interpretation. Ex: his SP last yr, his LP this yr + his exhibition piece “Fallin.” Maybe he should get a better costume designer, so he doesn’t dress 10 yrs older than his real age.

And why Chan’s not included in the selection? If we compare Chan’s “Take Five” with that of Kozuka 2 yrs ago, then Kozuka’s skate actually looked like a jazz dance, while Chan never looked like he’s “dancing” with his stiff movements…

LOL Chan definitely fall into this category. Not exactly introverted, but more like scarycrow caught looking in the headlight. Not much personality for sure.

aliceanne
12-01-2010, 04:54 PM
I would say Asada and Chan even though they aren't on the list. I don't get what is going on with those 2. No skater at Chan's level should have that many falls. Asada should be dominating this season instead she can barely skate.

briancoogaert
12-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Miki Ando, Brandon Mroz and Artur Gachinski...awful programs, those skaters, obviously, don't share my tastes !

pinky166
12-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Why isn't Kevin Reynolds on the list?

sk9tingfan
12-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Why isn't Kevin Reynolds on the list?

Actually, Kevin is getting better in terms of his presentation, so I think that there is an intervention in process. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw him at Skate Canada and really liked his exhibition piece. It is obvious that he is trying. However, the hair has got to go!

miki88
12-01-2010, 05:23 PM
I would say Asada and Chan even though they aren't on the list. I don't get what is going on with those 2. No skater at Chan's level should have that many falls. Asada should be dominating this season instead she can barely skate.

There's been concerns about Mao since she announced she was going to do a major jump rehaul in the off-season. And Chan? Isn't that how he usually skates? :shuffle:

orbitz
12-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Brandon Mroz on the other hand...his programs are coma-inducing. No style at all and his *dramatic* LP music just makes him look even slower. Plus, I can't stand all those silly little arm movements he makes.

Sandra Bezic is helping him this season. The LP music choice of OTWF doesn't help a skater as bland as Mroz. At least his costumes are somewhat better - No more onesies.

blue_idealist
12-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Miki Ando for sure. She's SO BORING!!

Honourable mention to Rachael.. although I did notice she took some of the cutesy faces out of her long program. The faces do fit with her SP, but not in her long because the music is Slaughterhouse on Fifth Avenue or whatever, and she's like grinning from ear to ear.. I was like wtf?!

IMO Rippon and Kozuka already have excellent presentation.

mikemba
12-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Mroz, Flatt, Gachinsky.

The first, boring as hell.
The second, so old fashioned.
The last, it's not FS ! Reminds me too much of Plushenko. Too much posing, no transition.

You know the funny thing is, I actually think he has more transitions than Plushenko did.

Ankka
12-02-2010, 12:51 AM
For SP, Miki definitely needs a new one. It does NOTHING for her. But yeah, I love her LP, I think she shows emotion in a very subtle way and actually I find the simplicity quite refreshing (no windmill arms and so on). and I really like Rippon a lot due to many reasons :D

But my pick was Iliushechkina/Maisuradze. Someone needs to get inside their heads and somehow switch their perception of interpreting music. I get absolutely nothing of them. But it could be just me and my weird taste.

portia
12-03-2010, 12:14 AM
Is Bazaraova up on the list because of her rumored eating disorder?

Civic
12-03-2010, 01:08 AM
I noticed that Andrei Griazev isn't on this list. Classic case of a very talented skater whose career hasn't gone anywhere. Has he retired from competition?