PDA

View Full Version : Skater Most in Need of An Intervention

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Spinner
12-01-2010, 02:09 AM
Oh, help with their skating? 'Cause you know whose name (http://estergoldberg.typepad.com/.a/6a0105349ca980970c0105361ce597970c-800wi)I was looking for...

:yikes: x eleventy billion

Ziggy
12-01-2010, 02:35 AM
Why is Takahika Kozuka up there????

He has great musicality (when he's on)

But shit programs. Which is precisely the problem. :wall:

I'm a bit :huh: about Flatt coming out first. Her programs this season are way better than anything she's done in the past and she's clearly making loads of effort.

FunnyBut
12-01-2010, 04:16 AM

I'm a bit :huh: about Flatt coming out first. Her programs this season are way better than anything she's done in the past and she's clearly making loads of effort.

ITA. Flatt's playing to her strengths (character driven programs), skating her programs full out and getting her elements done. I'd think she the lady who least needs an intervention, she's doing the most with what she's got.

I voted for Mroz, he seems like an especially natural jumper, but his program just make me zzz.

Imai too: Her LP reminds of one of those obstacle course game shows, where shes waving her arms in every direction and trying to keep up with the frenetic music.

burntBREAD
12-01-2010, 04:26 AM

He should have kept the programs from last year :o

I voted Miki and Nobu, by the way.
Bring back Super Mario Brothers! :rollin:

vodkashot
12-01-2010, 04:51 AM
Flatt is at least trying, and frankly, she's improved.

Brandon Mroz on the other hand...his programs are coma-inducing. No style at all and his *dramatic* LP music just makes him look even slower. Plus, I can't stand all those silly little arm movements he makes.

EricRohmer
12-01-2010, 08:41 AM
I picked Ando, Oda and Rippon(!).
Rippon's presentation is very good this season.
But I just hope that he tones down a little and goes more simple.

Artifice
12-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Mroz, Flatt, Gachinsky.

The first, boring as hell.
The second, so old fashioned.
The last, it's not FS ! Reminds me too much of Plushenko. Too much posing, no transition.

officialcoach
12-01-2010, 10:50 AM
I don't know ... but it seems that coach Tom Z. students need to develop their package. Both Brandon and Rachel can jump, but are sorely lacking in programs, refined edges, and the ability to reach an audience with personality. IDK if its the choreographer or they need an ice dance coach but somethings gotta change. They are both to good to not evolve!!

let`s talk
12-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Adam. He is not a Rach stuff.

FunnyBut
12-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Adam. He is not a Rach stuff.

You mean he's not a Rach Star? :lol: I have to agree, I find his interpretation melodramatic :drama:

PUNKPRINCESS
12-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Mroz, Flatt, Gachinsky.

The first, boring as hell.
The second, so old fashioned.
The last, it's not FS ! Reminds me too much of Plushenko. Too much posing, no transition.
:rofl:

Hanna
12-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Where are Amodio and Fernandez? :yikes:

PUNKPRINCESS
12-01-2010, 02:11 PM
How about we just say "all of Morozov's skaters"? :watch:

sk9tingfan
12-01-2010, 02:18 PM
How about we just say "all of Morozov's skaters"? :watch:

Not just a style intervention, but actually storming the barracks and freeing them! :D

sk9tingfan
12-01-2010, 02:20 PM
I don't know ... but it seems that coach Tom Z. students need to develop their package. Both Brandon and Rachel can jump, but are sorely lacking in programs, refined edges, and the ability to reach an audience with personality. IDK if its the choreographer or they need an ice dance coach but somethings gotta change. They are both to good to not evolve!!

Please let Agnes Zawadzki have the sense to change coaches after this season. This girl really has some good basics but needs better choreography and coaching. Maybe if I start praying to the skating gods now.........