PDA

View Full Version : Who Is the Better Spinner: Sawyer or Czisny?

Pages : [1] 2

Squibble
11-30-2010, 11:18 PM
A poll created because I misread the results of the other active poll on spinning. :slinkaway

The best currently eligible man and woman spinners: Shawn Sawyer and Alissa Czisny.

If multiple choice isn't an option, which one would you vote for as the better spinner?

burntBREAD
11-30-2010, 11:44 PM
Alissa. Shawn has crazy flexibility, but Alissa has the whole package when it comes to spinning.

barbk
12-01-2010, 12:15 AM
Alissa. Shawn has crazy flexibility, but Alissa has the whole package when it comes to spinning.

Shawn has one beautiful spin -- that one with his leg fully extended. The others are fast, and well centered, but not amazingly beautiful positions. I'm trying to remember a spin variation of Alissa's that I didn't like, and I can't. They're all gorgeous. Maybe she has a future as a spin doctor.

FunnyBut
12-01-2010, 12:52 AM
I went with Czisny. Her spins have everything: centering, speed, flexibility, stability, beautifully chosen positions, clean entrance and exit, quick and effortless changes of position.

I would say Shawn Sawyer is the most flexible man, I wouldn't necessarily say he's the best spinner. I don't find him overall better than Kozuka, Abbott or Chan.

Fallcolor
12-01-2010, 01:38 AM
Shawn Sawyer can get into positions no other man can..and I mean that in the best way! ;)

Alissa currently, is the best female spinner though. Clean technique, capable of nice variations, and nicely pointed toes...I hope it's not so terrible of me to want her to just..spin. Nothing...else......:shuffle:

piano18
12-01-2010, 01:40 AM
I've seen Czisny live and her spins are phenomenal- meanwhile Daisuke does not.

burntBREAD
12-01-2010, 01:55 AM
I've seen Czisny live and her spins are phenomenal- meanwhile Daisuke does not.

Uhh--who mentioned Daisuke? :confused:

piano18
12-01-2010, 02:42 AM
Uhh--who mentioned Daisuke? :confused:

I saw it and didnt please me. Anyways, maybe someone can do a comparison on youtube video of the best spinners.

LilJen
12-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Is Alissa the only skater ever to receive a perfect score on a level 4 spin (+3 across the board in her FS at TEB)?

sk9tingfan
12-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Shawn has one beautiful spin -- that one with his leg fully extended. The others are fast, and well centered, but not amazingly beautiful positions. I'm trying to remember a spin variation of Alissa's that I didn't like, and I can't. They're all gorgeous. Maybe she has a future as a spin doctor.

She already is

smarts1
12-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Is Alissa the only skater ever to receive a perfect score on a level 4 spin (+3 across the board in her FS at TEB)?

No, Caroline and Mirai have done it before. And I'm sure Stephane has as well.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2010/wc10_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf -- Mirai's Layback

Eesh, I can't find Caroline's right now, but I'm very certain she's done it before...

burntBREAD
12-01-2010, 05:10 PM
No, Caroline and Mirai have done it before. And I'm sure Stephane has as well.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2010/wc10_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf -- Mirai's Layback

Eesh, I can't find Caroline's right now, but I'm very certain she's done it before...

It was her Ave Maria LP at the 2009 WTT, it was gorgeous, she held the bielmann forever.

briancoogaert
12-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Alissa's spins are so well centered, fast and with beautiful positions. That's amazing.

briancoogaert
12-01-2010, 05:13 PM
It was her Ave Maria LP at the 2009 WTT, it was gorgeous, she held the bielmann forever.
And Caroline's Layback at the end of her Ave Maria at 2007 Skate America, no ?

burntBREAD
12-01-2010, 08:01 PM
And Caroline's Layback at the end of her Ave Maria at 2007 Skate America, no ?

Yup, yup, though I preferred when she ended her programs with the layback since it really is her signature move.