PDA

View Full Version : Who Is the Better Spinner: Sawyer or Czisny?

Pages : 1 [2]

blue_idealist
12-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Shawn is definitely the best of the men. I think he might be a bit better than Alissa but they're both pretty awesome. Neither is as good as Lambiel in his prime (around like 2005) or Ruh!

barbk
12-02-2010, 05:17 AM
Shawn is definitely the best of the men. I think he might be a bit better than Alissa but they're both pretty awesome. Neither is as good as Lambiel in his prime (around like 2005) or Ruh!

Ruh had amazing spins, but for me they were more about speed (better than anyone else I've ever seen live) and centering -- I still think Alissa wins on the beautiful positions, entrances and exits. (Though I do wish some of the women would try to learn the sideways leaning spin Ruh did.)

Marco
12-02-2010, 06:43 AM
One nitpick about Czisny's spins - it always takes her forever to grab her free foot when geting into the donut position.

Otherwise, she is the perfect spinner. There's this one huge combo spin she did in her exhibition pieces with about a million changes of positions that I love so much.

sk9tingfan
12-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Everytime I see the position on Sawyer's I spin, I see future hip replacement! There's something absolutely un-natural about it :P