PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Ladies 2010-11, part deux

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

MikiAndoFan#1
01-10-2011, 08:15 PM
And that's exactly what I tweeted yesterday...it's Wagner's turn, she is due one.

I can only hope so! :drama: Go Ashley! :D :cheer:

zippy
01-10-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm not sure you can consider Kwan and Cohen to be "cursed" in 06 and 07, respectively, since they did not compete at Nats in those years. ;)

Hmm, maybe it's the Curse of the Kween - after she made her exit now nobody can win more than one US title, much like the Defense of the Dark Arts teacher job in Harry Potter... very suspicious... :sekret:

Cheylana
01-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Hmm, maybe it's the Curse of the Kween - after she made her exit now nobody can win more than one US title, much like the Defense of the Dark Arts teacher job in Harry Potter... very suspicious... :sekret:
:lol::lol:

pinky166
01-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Your list makes me think of how big of a clusterf*** the ladies competition at nationals is going to be. Beyond the three you mentioned and Alissa, Mirai, Ashley, and Rachael, I would say Vanessa Lam has a chance to do very well and Caroline Zhang will probably be in the mix as well.

I really hope to see Siraj do well in Greensboro. She has some of the best choreographed programs of any ladies this year in my opinion.

Oh yes. There's Vanessa, and Kiri if she's recovered well from her injury, and Samantha if she gets full credit for her jumps, Melissa if she does the 3a, and you never know what Alexe will do, and Kristene Gong did beat Rachael this summer at Glacier Falls, and Amanda did finish top 6 last year. I wouldn't be surprised if the results were quite interesting and unexpected this year.

I don't expect any of the girls I mentioned to actually win, except for maybe Christina or Agnes, perhaps Yasmin if she skates like she did in Sheffield when she lost to Adelina by just a few points, but I think the podium is definitely not out of the question, and if not the podium, I think some of these girls could definitely mix up the results a bit ie I wouldn't be surprised if Rachael or a bombing Alissa or Ashley ends up out of the top 5.

smarts1
01-10-2011, 11:50 PM
I really, really am hoping Ashley can make it to top 3 at Nationals. Then at least, we'll see her one last time at 4CC (if she gets bronze)... But if she wins the title, then I'm all for it!

Eek, this nationals is going to be interesting!!!

olympic
01-10-2011, 11:51 PM
I wonder if Rachael has time to test-drive her new SP at some local comp or something before Nats, even a send-off style set-up would be ideal

MikiAndoFan#1
01-10-2011, 11:54 PM
I wonder if Rachael has time to test-drive her new SP at some local comp or something before Nats, even a send-off style set-up would be ideal

:confused: I must have missed something. Rachael changed her SP?

RD
01-11-2011, 12:14 AM
Wagner must NOT fall victim to her typical lackluster SPs if she is to have any chance at this thing.

reese
01-11-2011, 12:49 AM
Mirai and Alissa for 1-2! Either order, really.

How long has it been since Ashley landed a triple-triple in competition? With her 2-footing habit, flutz, and lack of triple-triple I don't see her winning this year.

Siraj... she's so little! Still has a very junior look; I can't imagine her finishing top 5, but I never would have guessed Gao could have finished 5th last year.

Btw, does anyone know what happened to Blake Rosenthal? I'm guessing she retired?

pinky166
01-11-2011, 12:50 AM
Wagner must NOT fall victim to her typical lackluster SPs if she is to have any chance at this thing.

Same for Miss Czisny. She can maybe afford a step out on one jump like she had at SC and TEB, but she cannot fall and still be in the hunt because her LPs are just never that strong, I think at best we are looking at 5 triples from her. Rachael will also need to be clean because she won't be doing a 3-3 in the SP.

victoriaheidi
01-11-2011, 01:32 AM
Same for Miss Czisny. She can maybe afford a step out on one jump like she had at SC and TEB, but she cannot fall and still be in the hunt because her LPs are just never that strong, I think at best we are looking at 5 triples from her. Rachael will also need to be clean because she won't be doing a 3-3 in the SP.

Alissa's going to have to have a really good short to hang on for the long. I have a harder time evaluating Rachael because of her new short (although idk why she wouldn't consider a 3-3, if she's up to it) and I also wonder what the PCS boosts will be like.

Flying Camel
01-11-2011, 01:38 AM
Alissa's going to have to have a really good short to hang on for the long. I have a harder time evaluating Rachael because of her new short (although idk why she wouldn't consider a 3-3, if she's up to it) and I also wonder what the PCS boosts will be like.

What new SP from Rachael?? Do Tell All!

Sylvia
01-11-2011, 01:43 AM
Btw, does anyone know what happened to Blake Rosenthal? I'm guessing she retired?
Yes, she is in her freshman year at Harvard University. AFAIK, the only competition she registered for this past summer was Collegiate Nationals but she didn't end up competing.

For those wondering about Taylor Firth, she is touring with Disney on Ice's "Toy Story 3" and seems to be enjoying the experience: http://the330.com/featured/teen-skater-lands-role-in-toy-story-for-disney-on-ice/

chipso1
01-11-2011, 02:13 AM
:confused: I must have missed something. Rachael changed her SP?

What new SP from Rachael?? Do Tell All!

Apparently she flew to Toronto a few weeks ago to work with Lori Nichol on a new SP.

RD, I'm not saying Flatt will win the title, but do think she'll skate much better than she did at the GPF.

pinky166
01-11-2011, 04:48 AM

Well, I think a 3-3 for Rachael is feasible, 3t-3t, 3f-3t, or 3lz-3t all seem reasonable for her, but her 3lz-3lo is just never going to happen/get ratified. Also where she's prone to downgrades on her regular triples I don't know how smart of a move a 3-3 would be on her part unless she's really solid on the landing. 3lz-2lo is probably her best option - worth a decent amount of points, but not too ambitious for someone coming off an injury. She probably wants to avoid a fall at all costs.

Re: Ashley, she did a 3f-3t in her SP at COR, she got the full rotation but was given -1s and -2s for GOE due to 2 footing the combo. She also did a 2a-3t in her FS at COR this season, and that was well done and got some +GOE, but I think that's the first time she's done either of those combos since the 2007-2008 season. Knowing Ashley and her history of shorts, going for the 3f-3t in the SP at nationals seems pretty risky, but at the same time it would really help her since she's likely to get an edge call on her lutz.