PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Ladies 2010-11, part deux

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

victoriaheidi
12-30-2010, 11:39 PM
But Zawadzki is already in the final group in my predictions...:confused:

Yeah, what I meant is that I see Dobbs pulling into the top six over Zawadzki as significantly more likely than Dobbs pulling into the top six over Flatt.

Jenna
12-30-2010, 11:47 PM
Also, contrary to popular belief, I've had a reality check about Christina after the JGPF and don't think she will win nationals or make the World team this season (though I'm still hoping she pulls an upset and makes it).

Good for you!

icellist
12-31-2010, 12:31 AM
Can someone make a list of the ladies who have jumping problems like flutz, lips, etc?

Please and thank you!

pinky166
12-31-2010, 01:07 AM
Yeah, what I meant is that I see Dobbs pulling into the top six over Zawadzki as significantly more likely than Dobbs pulling into the top six over Flatt.

Zawadzki is so consistent in the SP though, it's the FS where she often makes mistakes.

pinky166
12-31-2010, 01:13 AM
Can someone make a list of the ladies who have jumping problems like flutz, lips, etc?

Please and thank you!

Off the top of my head I can.

Flutz:

Wagner
Cesario
C. Zhang
Khazova
Gao
Nagasu
Lam

Lip:

Zawadzki
Czisny
F. Zhang
Bulanhagui
Gilles
Gong

There are probably others I'm forgetting, but among the top ladies I think I got them all.

victoriaheidi
12-31-2010, 01:54 AM
Zawadzki is so consistent in the SP though, it's the FS where she often makes mistakes.

But remember, as I said earlier, that the difference between two warm-up groups can be really tiny (like, fractions of a point).

I'm not sure that Amanda's going to beat Agnes in the short, but if I were a betting person, I'd look at it this way (post-SP)

1. Mirai
2. Alissa
3. Rachael
4. Ashley
5. Agnes
6. Amanda or Christina
and so on

smarts1
12-31-2010, 03:09 AM
Also, contrary to popular belief, I've had a reality check about Christina after the JGPF and don't think she will win nationals or make the World team this season (though I'm still hoping she pulls an upset and makes it). I think she has a great shot at being on the podium in 3rd or 4th though and being assigned to 4CC or Junior Worlds.

Took long enough... :rolleyes:

icellist
12-31-2010, 09:45 AM
i dont think its fair to give caroline zhang a call yet, didnt she mostly pop/fall on her lutz this year?
i didnt know that mirai consistently flutzed. i think she underrotates more than she flutz (alissa too). i only saw mirai flutz like twice.

what GOE does Flatt get for her swinging? :rofl:

pinky166
12-31-2010, 03:49 PM
i dont think its fair to give caroline zhang a call yet, didnt she mostly pop/fall on her lutz this year?
i didnt know that mirai consistently flutzed. i think she underrotates more than she flutz (alissa too). i only saw mirai flutz like twice.

what GOE does Flatt get for her swinging? :rofl:

My list consists of any skater who has gotten an edge call on either a flip or lutz in the 2009-2010 season or this season so far. Mirai's is not always called, but it has been called before, and she does flutz a tiny bit.

Caroline Zhang can not hit an outside edge to save her life, and got an "e" for both lutz attempts this season, and consistently got them in the past, too.

Polymer Bob
12-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Caroline Zhang can not hit an outside edge to save her life, ....

Caroline has gotten edge calls on her flip and lutz in the same competition. :confused:

pinky166
12-31-2010, 03:53 PM
7. Amanda Dobbs doesn't fit into anything I've said above.

It's because that girl belongs in FINLAND! She is such a pretty Finn type of skater :). Great basics, speed, looks....just not the technical content.

pinky166
12-31-2010, 03:53 PM
Caroline has gotten edge calls on her flip and lutz in the same competition. :confused:

Yeah that's because of the swingy entry she used to have when she mule kicked.

victoriaheidi
12-31-2010, 04:37 PM
It's because that girl belongs in FINLAND! She is such a pretty Finn type of skater :). Great basics, speed, looks....just not the technical content.

I know. I love watching Amanda skate! I think I said this above, but I was really bummed when she didn't get a second GP assignment (especially when almost everyone below her on the list did!). If she can improve technically, she will be brilliant.

[And if she doesn't, she will simply be a joy to watch.]

Jammers
12-31-2010, 04:52 PM
That's why i hope Amanda doesn't go back to Pairs skating. Without that she can focus on just singles skating and increase her technical content. Something about her style of skating makes me smile.

pinky166
12-31-2010, 04:53 PM
I know. I love watching Amanda skate! I think I said this above, but I was really bummed when she didn't get a second GP assignment (especially when almost everyone below her on the list did!). If she can improve technically, she will be brilliant.

[And if she doesn't, she will simply be a joy to watch.]

I'm with you! She is just lovely and her 3t is :swoon:

....I know it's just a 3t, but it's probably one of the best 3toes in the world right now :)